Quantcast
Any one know about the police/ and fire trucks at brent wood tonight/this morning??? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Any one know about the police/ and fire trucks at brent wood tonight/this morning???

My Ride
    2011 GTR

Default Any one know about the police/ and fire trucks at brent wood tonight/this morning???

So i was on my way home from work tonight and i was going north down crowchild around 12:00am (wed morning i guess) and there had to have been 4-5 cop cars and trucks parked on Crowchild at brentwood LRT station with i think 2 fire trucks with their flood lights pointed toward a train still at the station and they were looking under it and such

any one know what this was all about?
    Garage
    - 2011 GTR
    - 2013 STi
    - 2015 Yamaha FZ07

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Default Re: Any one know about the police/ and fire trucks at brent wood tonight/this morning???

Looks like someone died!!

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybea..._004452_3664_0

Date: Wed Jun 20 00:44:52 2007
    Subject: Brentwood C-Train Fatality

-----BEGIN MD5 -----------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    CITYBEAT - CITY OF CALGARY PRESS RELEASE
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

At 11:24 PM Calgary EMS responded to a pedestrian struck by a
    west bound C-Train at the Brentwood LRT platform. Paramedics
    assisted by the Calgary Fire Department, Calgary Police
    Service and Calgary Transit staff arrived to find a male with
    multiple traumatic injuries. Unfortunately his injuries were
    too extensive and he was pronounced dead at the scene by
    paramedics.

The Calgary Police Service is investigating.

-30-

Public Contact Information:

Paul Lapointe, EMT-P
    Public Education Officer
    Calgary EMS
    403 538 7606

Public Email Contact:

[email protected]

-----END MD5 f355770aed0abd8544aa1bcfc12c40af-----

My Ride
    2011 GTR

damn... i thought i was just they were after some one...
    Garage
    - 2011 GTR
    - 2013 STi
    - 2015 Yamaha FZ07

from CFCN.ca:

The man was hit in the head by the train and pronounced dead at the scene.

Christ, imagine cleaning that shit up.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Suicide? I know Montreal has a special crew for cleaning up all the train jumpers there. What a brutal way to go, the guys driving the trains usually get pretty screwed up after hitting someone, not to mention the cleanup crews having to pick all the pieces up.

My Ride
    2009 Forester

Man Killed by C-Train

June 20, 2007 - 6:00 am

A man is dead after being struck by a C-Train in the nortwest.

The train was just pulling into the station when the driver saw the head and shoulders of the man protruding from under the overhang of the platform.

Unfortunately, the driver was unable to stop in time and the front left corner of the lead car of the train struck the man.

The train continued on for about 30 meters before it was able to completely stop.

EMS pronounced the man deceased at the scene.

Police say that alcohol may be a factor.
    from 660news.com

sounds more like a homeless guy who was taking shelter?
    Tim

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

damn, getting hit in the head by a train probably didn't look too nice. must've been head and brains everywhere. can't imagine what it smelled like for the people getting on and off the train.
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

well technically he wouldn't have died from the hit of the train...cuz the train doesn't go fast enough for that....he'd have to have gotten hit first, then stuck and his head crushed between the train and something else like the ledge

am I the only one that never stands with anyone behind them when they wait for the train, like maybe as the train is going by someone either accidentally or intentionally pushes you into the train and u get caught and squished....what a horrible way to die...hope that dude was drunk out of his mind at least

Originally posted by jay42w8
    well technically he wouldn't have died from the hit of the train...cuz the train doesn't go fast enough for that....he'd have to have gotten hit first, then stuck and his head crushed between the train and something else like the ledge

am I the only one that never stands with anyone behind them when they wait for the train, like maybe as the train is going by someone either accidentally or intentionally pushes you into the train and u get caught and squished....what a horrible way to die...hope that dude was drunk out of his mind at least
    I think this actually happened in Edmonton. Some homeless crazy pushed a woman in front of the train..

By the way, 80 km/h is fast enough...although coming into a station it's more like 50 km/h. If the head wasn't split by the wheels, it likely received blunt-force trauma from those safety bars on the outside edge of the wheel sets.

yeah call me paranoid, I HATE it when people run behind you...you never know what they're up to....like Dwight Shrute says "70% of all attacks happen from behind"

My Ride
    '03 Jetta Wolfsburg 1.8T

Being a railroader, I can honestly say that cows, from a side impact, bounce off to the side at 50MPH, and Explode at 55MPH...

Horses fly sideways and can take out trees.

Oh yeah, and don't fuck with trains. we're bigger and you can't stop us. Plus we get a couple days off to deal with watching people get torn to pieces in front of us and it hurts our earnings.....
    '03 VW Jetta Wolfsburg 1.8T (Daily Driver),
    '81 Chev Malibu 2-door (The Project Car),
    '96 Chev K2500 (Parts Runner)
    1981 Ford F-150 (FOR SALE)

- "There's no replacement for Displacement.... except for EFI and Turbocharging."

My Ride
    This and that.

Back about 2 years ago, I was waiting in downtown a a c-train stop, and there was a guy standing right beside me, with us waiting for the train. And as soon as the train came he jumped right in front of it, got dragged under it for few meters, blood everywhere, people screaming everywhere. I am just standing there with my jaw dropped, like wtf happened!

The worst part is that the guy didn't even die right away, he was stuck under the wheels and he was still moving.

Originally posted by shakalaka
    Back about 2 years ago, I was waiting in downtown a a c-train stop, and there was a guy standing right beside me, with us waiting for the train. And as soon as the train came he jumped right in front of it, got dragged under it for few meters, blood everywhere, people screaming everywhere. I am just standing there with my jaw dropped, like wtf happened!

The worst part is that the guy didn't even die right away, he was stuck under the wheels and he was still moving.
    i think im going to be sick. grosse. did you like see him still be alive for the few moments after>?

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by l/l/rX

i think im going to be sick. grosse. did you like see him still be alive for the few moments after>?
    His body parts were like still shaking while being stuck under the wheels. Massive blood trail behind him. It was a pretty scary thing to witness, I won't lie.

It was right during the rush hour as well, all the women were like screaming everywhere.

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Originally posted by ga16i
    damn, getting hit in the head by a train probably didn't look too nice. must've been head and brains everywhere. can't imagine what it smelled like for the people getting on and off the train.
    There would be no significant smell from the patients injury until something started rotting.

My Ride
    This and that.

^^OK!!!! Now that's just wrong buddy. Some sorta warning would have been handy.

Anyways, is that actual pic of the accident that happened or is it just a random pic?

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Originally posted by shakalaka
    ^^OK!!!! Now that's just wrong buddy. Some sorta warning would have been handy.

Anyways, is that actual pic of the accident that happened or is it just a random pic?
    Random pic most likely. I can't think that Calgary Police/Fire/EMS would ever release scene pictures.