Quantcast
Should I file a report? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should I file a report?

My Ride
    tu madre

Default needed help pls.

last week my brother had his car repaired in a shop, but before anything else the vehicle was towed in the shop. they told my brother they needed an alternator, starter, etc... so when they replaced the parts ( hope they did ) car still not running so they said they cant fix it because of the head gasket blown. he got the receipt and all. the shiity part is he told me just a while ago dumbass.

is there any way to file a report or investigation. any number to contact?

thanks guys

My Ride
    WRX STI

Report on what? WHats the problem?

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

So your bro took his car to a shop and asked them to fix it without knowing what he actually needed? He's screwed unless he can prove the shop is overcharging him by repairing parts that don't need to be repaired.

My Ride
    tu madre

they should have diagnose it first before replacing stuff. and after all the parts was replaced they said they cant fix it because head gasket was blown.

My Ride
    tu madre

Originally posted by lilmira
    So your bro took his car to a shop and asked them to fix it without knowing what he actually needed? He's screwed unless he can prove the shop is overcharging him by repairing parts that don't need to be repaired.
    $700 for parts has the receipt

My Ride
    12 TL

That's pretty whack, they should've diagnose/inspected it then tell the owner what's wrong and if the owner wants to continue with it. Standard procedure?

My Ride
    tu madre

Originally posted by BoS_DC2
    That's pretty whack, they should've diagnose/inspected it then tell the owner what's wrong and if the owner wants to continue with it. Standard procedure?

exactly but in this case they just changed it. they got a young customer and took advantage of it.
    Last edited by menace3; 06-20-2007 at 11:24 AM.

My Ride
    335i

Where was this?

What was the car doing to cause you to take it in for repair?
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

If you bring a car to a shop and say "change this" they will change the part regardless if it needs to be fixed or not. If you bring the car in and say "my car wont start" they should diagnose the problem and inform you of what needs to be fixed.

My Ride
    tu madre

a- canadian he says. its just not running before in a garage.

: the vehicle was towed in the mechanic shop so common sense they have to diagnose it first..

is there any where to file a report on that?

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Can you ask them to give you the old parts back? You can question them if the old parts are still in working condition. Although they can give you a junk part from another car.

My Ride
    tu madre

anything that can help to get the money back?

My Ride
    04 Acura TL

dude...its not uncommon to take a car in and have something replaced just to be told that you need more replaced. When a car is neglected for any period of time, there can be miltiple components that need replacing. Its quite possible that the alternator died but the headgasket was still toast. A car should *normally* fire up when the head gasket is toast still. take it somewhere else and be happy it only cost $700. Cost me 5 bills to get a simple safety inspection and have a minor suspension piece replaced on my benz!

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

You took you car in (or towed)... No start... they check the simple things first.. battery, Alternator, and Starter ect. Look 2 failed. So they get the alt and starter in, start her up, and its leaking out the head gasket, call you and let you know what they found. You think becuase there was more you should get all your money back? They did exactly what you asked them to do...
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    1989 MA70, 2006 UZN215

Originally posted by ninspeed
    You took you car in (or towed)... No start... they check the simple things first.. battery, Alternator, and Starter ect. Look 2 failed. So they get the alt and starter in, start her up, and its leaking out the head gasket, call you and let you know what they found. You think becuase there was more you should get all your money back? They did exactly what you asked them to do...

of course its easy for you to sit there and say that. The same thing happened to me except with a different and less severe situation. Payed 500$ to fix the problem, got the car back and the problem was not fixed, i brought it in again and they said "well it could be this too," so they fixed that too and finally it worked, i argued for my sake and they covered the fee for the second repair that they did because the first time did not fix the situation as they assumed it would. I was lucky, but had i not been i would be looking at a 1500$ bill to let them do some trials and errors until they finally got the car fixed.

its ridiculous and i think you should talk to them before filing any reports, get things straightened out, if they come across as if they just blatantly changed whatever they thought it could be without properly diagnosing the problem, then file your report and get some help to support you (a.k.a lawyer).

Flawless victory
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    04 Acura TL

again, i've worked at a garage and seen the things that can happen. There is a lot of crap that comes in the door (not saying your car is) and many of these cars have multiple problems. Many times, as suggested here, other problems can show up once the largest ones have been dealt with. It happens all the time. Deal with it, buy a new car with warrenty or accept that things go wrong. The garage is likely not trying to screw you. To top it off, places are hella busy right now and dont want to deal with angry customers when they can simply accept other work. Are you gonna be pissed when you go in for open-heart surgery and afterwards the doctor tells you need antibiotics for a cold? (k, bad example but you get the idea)

My Ride
    92 Civic-t, 01 VW Golf TDI

wow, some people are retarded, how on earth would he diagnose a head gasket if the customer complaint is it doesnt run? so he changes the starter, and now it cranks over, yet still doesnt run, now he can diagnose the head gasket... people dont do leakdown tests and compression tests for the fuck of it

My Ride
    tu madre

only thing is that they replaced the parts without even asking my brother that they can replace it. they just replaced it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast