Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2007-2008 edition - Page 175 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 175 of 175 FirstFirst ... 165 174 175
Results 3,481 to 3,486 of 3486

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2007-2008 edition

You can't place all the blame on kipper. You still have to consider the 20+ shots in the second period alone. I see the goal tender to be a backup. If the offense fails at keeping the puck out of their zone, and the defence fails to stop the rush then its up to the goal tender to make the save. I have to agree that a few of the goals tonight were weak on kippers part, but even though the second goal was very slow and slid right in, where were the rest of the 5 players when that puck was travelling .05mph down the ice? You mean to tell me nobody could get to it either? Calgary also had a problem with staying out of the box. Two of the 5 goals were let in during a powerplay. Also, they couldn't seem to control the puck when they had the 1 man advantage. Even during the final minutes when the goal tender was pulled they had a 1 man advantage and still couldn't seem to get a shot off. Could they of played the way they did in game 6 im sure they could of taken the win.

44-21 shots was defently not just a "goal tender" problem.
    Last edited by chadnixon; 04-23-2008 at 12:04 PM.
    Diesel powered.

My Ride
    impreza

Originally posted by anarchy
    And wasn't he the one that traded Reinprecht for Brian Boucher!? Horrific!
    Reinprecht/Sauve for LeClerc/Boucher.

Originally posted by mac_82

Reinprecht/Sauve for LeClerc/Boucher.

Exactly
    WTF

I understand Reinprecht was underacheiving, as was Kobasew, but we're giving these young guys away for nothing. Reinprecht has turned into a pretty decent player in PHX, and LeClerc and Boucher did shit for us other than leave the team the following year.

Whatever plan Sutter has for this team, i'm starting to question it. And we haven't even discussed the hiring of Keenan yet.

Originally posted by NRGie
    kipper suks ass hard

shouldv kept roman turek
    You cant say that. Kipper may have let in a weak goal or two but no goalie stops them all. It must be pretty dis-heartening when your defensive core lets 30 shots plus on you a game, not to mention you're offense getting in half the shots or less of the opposing team. I think he's done a phemonenal job for us and I hope he stays as a franchise player.

I do agree with the Tangs, Huselius bit though as far as forwards go. Tanguay is capable of so much more, we have all seen it in the past. Juice, when scoring is great.... when scoring. What the fuck is he doing in the meantime? Forechecking hard? Backchecking? Hitting? lol. We all know what the answer is.

Erriccson is a joke. I don't see why Keenan seemed to have a such a soft spot for him. Guy can't pinch worth a shit. Aucoin was fine, better than Hale thats for damn sure as far as new acquisitions went.

I was very happy with Nolan, he was put on the team as a seasoned vet, for leadership, knowledge and to chip in goals once in a while. He performed better than I ever expected, especially in the playoffs. Better than Amonte ever did for us.

All in all, as cliche as it may be, we lose as a team, you can't put the blame on any one particular player or coach, although some players could be moved and I wouldn't complain.
    When lazy let idle.

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Originally posted by toyboy88
    Iggy up for Hart!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2362...=headlines_nhl

Awesome to hear that Iggy got a Hart nomination but he won't get it. Ovechkin has this wrapped up already. I remember a game near the end of the season on CBC. They interviewed Iginla after the game and asked who he thought would get the MVP and even he said no question it would be Ovechkin if they made it to the playoffs.

That was down the stretch when we had our last nine games against the NW division.

Page 175 of 175 FirstFirst ... 165 174 175