Quantcast
M5, E55 Amg, E63 Amg - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: M5, E55 Amg, E63 Amg

My Ride
    E36, soarer

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    hahahaaha

He was probably never allowed to drive his step-dad's car so when he asked why, Daddy lied and said: "uh...cause it's garbage and a very disappointing car"
    hes not my dad, i said step dad. i drove the car a few times. since you think so highly of the car why dont you go buy it its a kulu motor werks he traded it in for 50 000 when he paid 120 000 for it 3 years ago.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by HIDStop
    I can see that a few board members have experience with the E55 - do any members have experience with both the E55 and the CLS55? Or, preferably - the E63 and the CLS63?
    Rage2, E36M3?
    I've only driven the CLS55 twice, and not really hard either... so I can't tell u how it handles. But for day to day driving and straight line speed, it feels like the E55.

The interior in the CLS55 is way nicer than the E, not to mention how sexy the car looks.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

hey, dont u think its gonna be a little tricky getting them to let u test drive some of these cars? especially if u have massari there with u haha

My Ride
    !

Haha. He definitely won't be there. Also, since my old car is sold and I am in need of a vehicle fairly quick - I would have no problem placing a deposit prior to a test drive.
    Last edited by HIDStop; 06-25-2007 at 09:10 PM.
    $180.00 HID kits!!
    [Single Beam][Limited Quantity][Call Now!]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    -708-9036
    [email protected]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    *Dont know your bulb size? Click Here *
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit us in the Marketplace: Beyond.ca - HIDStop

Cosmetic Styling. Driving Safety.
    We carry xenon conversion kits for every automotive application.

I've driven the E55/E63 and the CLS55, all hard enough to get a feel. I prefer the 55 motor as it is more exciting to me. I've had both high strung cars and cars with lots of torque, and I feel like AMG excels at the high torque stuff.

Having said that, I don't think there is a significant difference in handling, etc. between the E and the CLS.

The CLS is a higher quality car as far as I can tell.. if you are thinking that you are getting a bulletproof car, my advice is to stay away from Mercedes, but overall they are pretty decent.

I have driven the E classes extensively though, and they are decent cars, and the speed is hard to match at any price. If you are willing to modify the car for more excitement, the 55 motors are a no brainer.

Originally posted by rage2

I've only driven the CLS55 twice, and not really hard either... so I can't tell u how it handles. But for day to day driving and straight line speed, it feels like the E55.

The interior in the CLS55 is way nicer than the E, not to mention how sexy the car looks.

My Ride
    W220, W220, R171 AMG, W203 AMG

Originally posted by Spatz

hes not my dad, i said step dad. i drove the car a few times. since you think so highly of the car why dont you go buy it its a kulu motor werks he traded it in for 50 000 when he paid 120 000 for it 3 years ago.
    Were you thinking he would have been insusceptible to car depreciation? The car will soon be 5 years old and a facelift of the current body has already occurred with the E63.

I love the look of the CLS, but for some reason when I sit in the backseat I find it a little cramped for head room. I'm only 5'11".

The funny part is that he questioned the Quattroporte being worse than the E55..

If anyone thinks Mercedes are unreliable, they need to try owning a Maserati. As for depreciation, I think the Maserati can beat just about anything on earth (in a bad way).

Originally posted by mischief

Were you thinking he would have been insusceptible to car depreciation? The car will soon be 5 years old and a facelift of the current body has already occurred with the E63.

I love the look of the CLS, but for some reason when I sit in the backseat I find it a little cramped for head room. I'm only 5'11".

^ agreed 100%...Maserati loses HUGE.....nice cars, but meh....

Mercedes 55K motor....

My Ride
    E63. No, the one with SMG

Originally posted by E36M3
    The funny part is that he questioned the Quattroporte being worse than the E55..

If anyone thinks Mercedes are unreliable, they need to try owning a Maserati. As for depreciation, I think the Maserati can beat just about anything on earth (in a bad way).

That was me that said the QP was not worse than the E55, but anyways...

but anyways...it's still a false statement...

They are good looking cars, no doubt, and have beautiful interiors. The Ferrari-derived motor should theoretically be exciting, but isn't (at least ot me).

The shifting was awful, the handling was nothing magical, and the brakes were not fantastic. I drove an F430 Spider daily at the time, and I was really hoping for a four door version of it. I decided that wasn't going to happen and went with something else instead.

Really, though, I think the E55/CLS55 is at least as good of a car as the Maserati at a much lower price and without a lot of the hassle. The E63/CLS63 are probably even closer as the motors are closer in execution to the Maserati.

Originally posted by me&you

That was me that said the QP was not worse than the E55, but anyways...

On a lighter note

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3