Quantcast
Amsterdam - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Amsterdam

Post Amsterdam

Im leaving to Amsterdam in about 2 weeks. Just doing some last minute research and was wondering if there's anyone out there that's already been there and can recommend places worth seeing.

My Ride
    '02 protege 5

Was there 2 years ago. If this is your first time, well there is lots to see and do, but I would recommend walking the red light district it's interesting, the sex museum on the main drag (don't remember the street name) is a good go, a little scary or wierd but a good go, and a must see is Ann Frank's house. The last one is truly a must.

Yea the first two were already in the agenda..but thanks for the Ann Frank part. Thats the kinda stuff i want to find out about so i can go see it.

Stay at the Flying Pig... a lot of chill people go through there.

Ask where the club 'Sugar Factory' is... there's a shitload of clubs in that area and a good place to party. Amsterdam is pretty expensive relative to other European cities...

I did Amsterdam-Prague-Venice-Corfu-Sorrento-Rome-Nice-Barcelona-Paris-Munich-Frankfurt when I went to Europe last summer...

Prague and Barcelona were the best party cities, Sorrento is fucking amazing for its girl:guy ratio... if you can't pick up in Sorrento you do not have a penis!

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Coffee Shop, Bar, Red Light District, Heineken Brewery, Van Gogh Museum, Canal Tour, Rent a bike, Anne Frank etc.

Good times!!! I spent a couple days out at the Flying Pig Beach Hostel and enjoyed it. If you like smoking and chilling with folks it's a great place.

Enjoy your trip!!!

I heard about the flying pig but since im not going alone i just decided to stay in a hotel. Thanks for the club location tip. Do you have any favorites to recommend?

And speaking of smoking and chilling with people..any favorite cafe's?

Go to the Grasshopper, its more of a restaurant/bar/cafe (different on each floor) but its pretty good.

Everything else has been mentioned. Walking around Jordaan is really good on a lazy morning (Anne Frank area).

I stayed in the flying pig downtown! Just make sure you are with your friends when you go into the Red Light disctrit at night , it can be a little sketchy.. And dont take pictures , or even your camera.. Also when you go in to the hostels , grab one of the Free map brochures , they have all the cool spots on where to go.
    And defiantly get a lonley planet guide to Europe
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

Yea a buddy of mine told me about the random dealers that approach you and how taking pictures on the district is a definite no. Is Jordaan a place where alot of cafe's are located? If not is there a street or strip or something where quality cafe's can be found? Definitely appreciate all this info..its gonna save me time and money so i dont have to spend the majority of the time there just looking for places and not knowing if its even worth going.

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

The red light district is really small, it's weird. Go just to check it out, it's a trip. I didn't go to the Anne Frank museum, but some of my friends did and they said it was pretty cool.

At least spend a few hours walking through the city; it's amazing. The streets just look so damn cool. There is one house that has a face 1.1m wide because property taxes in Amsterdam are based on the width of the face; not that exciting but interesting if you catch it. Do the canal tour too: the dock is near the train station, across the street from McDonald's. Not terribly exciting but it's only 6E and takes an hour, so you might as well. Gives you a great chance to see the city, though.
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

My Ride
    1998 civic Si

I'm LEAVING 2MORROW!!!! WOOT!!!! you should come to sensation white and black!!!!

pop a few pills of E for me while you're down there, or munch down some weed brownies for me! hahaha

jokes jokes...

i head of black and white but i thought black was sold out (and i wouldn't doubt if white was sold too) and isn't it over by july 7th or something? im going to be there on the 9th

My Ride
    1998 civic Si

It sure is and trust me I will pop a more than a couple for you lol and swallow more than just brownies haha OH shiets!!! too bad acmilano should have bought tix for sensation once in a life time, well you can make it to sensation black it's a week after white. So you got time.

Originally posted by Goo_wak_jai
    It sure is and trust me I will pop a more than a couple for you lol and swallow more than just brownies haha OH shiets!!! too bad acmilano should have bought tix for sensation once in a life time, well you can make it to sensation black it's a week after white. So you got time.
    hahaha...e-tard have fun up there dood...which sensation are you going to?

i think i would want to go to black, cuz black is the harder trance is it not?

My Ride
    1998 civic Si

yeah it is white is just trance, but i mean both are good and I am going to both, thats forsure. I'm just sad that tiesto isn't showing up. but there is a dj thats a head liner called black identity that is showing up but i'm not sure who it is, haha they make it mysterious haha. I wish theres sumthing like that in canada.

For all the people missing out this year for sensation 2007 they are setting up a tour to the U.S. in New york! that should be a blast.

My Ride
    is probably sh*tier than urs

^^^ good luck with tickets! really
    You can technically get a ticket for each window that's illegally tinted. So as above, if you're being an ass to the officer (or if he's just an ass to begin with), he can give you two. (or three tickets if you're dumb enough to tint the windshield of your BMW... but if you own a BMW you can't be stupid right?)
    Originally posted by RoseLover

Any penny you have to work hard to get, you will consider as "cheapness"...if you hate people from overseas...why you stay in North America!

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

Visit the Banana Bar.

yea i would go to the banana bar...but my gf is coming with me to amsterdam so i dont know if it would be her kind of place to go see hahah

Originally posted by Goo_wak_jai
    yeah it is white is just trance, but i mean both are good and I am going to both, thats forsure. I'm just sad that tiesto isn't showing up. but there is a dj thats a head liner called black identity that is showing up but i'm not sure who it is, haha they make it mysterious haha. I wish theres sumthing like that in canada.

For all the people missing out this year for sensation 2007 they are setting up a tour to the U.S. in New york! that should be a blast.
    you're going to kill soo many brain cells its not even funny! HAHAHA i feel sorry for your brain and body =P
    but anyways have fun dood, take vids/ pics for me, if you're even allowed cameras in there!

hrm mebes i should scrap my asia vacation next summer and go to europe...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast