Quantcast
LF: Body shops that WILL repair rust! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LF: Body shops that WILL repair rust!

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Default LF: Body shops that WILL repair rust!

First of all... I have STFA.. and came up short. (Rust and rust repair) I have a 3-4" patch of rust on my rear wheel well that I want fixed. (Currently bubbling)
    So far I have called Screamin, Maranello, Calgary Coachworks, Chippy's and none of them will work on rust. (And to give you the idea that I am wanting top quality work)
    My guess is that this part pretty much needs to be cut out and a new piece welded in.. but Im no expert. Oh, and in case it matters.. its a 2000 Audi S4. And yes Audi does have a 10 year rust warranty, but it has to be preforated. (a hole..arrrggh)

Thanks!

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

What kind of autobody shop doesn't want to do rust repair? Cutting out steel and welding it back in is "autobody work" last time I checked.

Must be pretty damn busy too be turning away straight labor. Got to be making more $$ rushing through spray jobs that they can get done a lot faster or something....
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Well the three first ones I talked to said they dont do rust period. Strictly replace/painting of parts... I thought it would have been a normal thing as well.
    Maranello told me to call Artisan Autobody.. but they were closed when I called... so hopefully I can get a hold of them tomorrow.

there needs to be a fricken hole for them to do anything? thats pathetic especially from a company like audi... im suprised yet at the same time not. quality and guarantees means nothing these days.

I'd just cut a hole in it, scrap some paint away and wash the hole with salt water and let it rust

the reason they don't do it is because the rust WILL come back. they cannot guarantee rust free. even if you cut off a piece of it and weld it back on, it'll probably come back. unless you replace the whole panel.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    What kind of autobody shop doesn't want to do rust repair? Cutting out steel and welding it back in is "autobody work" last time I checked.

Must be pretty damn busy too be turning away straight labor. Got to be making more $$ rushing through spray jobs that they can get done a lot faster or something....
    Its because jobs like that are soooo labor intensive and they end up loosing in the end.. its very very difficult to prevent the rust from coming back as well without replacing the entire quarter.
    Honestly man.. if you cant find anyone save up for a new rear quarter. In the meantime pick up some por 15 its insane.. you paint it right over the rust and its guaranteed to prevent it from spreading .. ive used it lots on my winter cars and it never comes back.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    TRD Pro

And where do I find this por 15? Is it visible when on?

The rough part is its the rear 1/4.. which goes all the way up to the roof... not exactly the easiest thing to replace.

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by R-Audi

The rough part is its the rear 1/4.. which goes all the way up to the roof... not exactly the easiest thing to replace.
    Ya check out the link ..basically what you do is apply the por 15 with a small brush right over the rust. No need to prep the rust other than spray it with a metal prep cleaner that you can buy from then or any bodyshop supply store. Let the POR dry and then basically paint right over it. What you could probably also do is por the affected area making sure to get in all the creases, then take it to a bodyshop to have them smooth the area out and then spray it.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    SlowBalt

Originally posted by R-Audi

I will ask at ym work tomorrow if they are interested in doing it.. Also with 1.4 panels they can cut out a certain section and weld it in so its not like you need to replace the whole panel..

My Ride
    A4/Tundra

there is a good bodyshop supply store in lethbridge that carries POR. I can pick some up for you at the end of July. LMK

small container is $30.

My Ride
    SlowBalt

Also i am sure most NAPA's carry POR15...

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Well Maranello ended up reccomending Artisan Auto body on 32nd Ave (Block past ST) and I think I will let Felix work his magic..
    I should be able to report back when its all done.. probably within a months time.

My Ride
    Ev0

Well if Artisan doesn't work out for you I was told to call Wilf at Masterframe a while back about getting some rust work done. I never did cause I decided to cut my losses with the car instead though so I don't actually know for sure if they will or not.

My Ride
    2000 Prelude

my friend brought his car to screaming paint to see if tehy would do rust repair i mean intensive rust repair ( underneath window under the door both side , both quater pannel ) and they gave him a quote of like 2000 aussming under the window is not all crazyed rusted or else price will go up and said they would do it no problem ..

maybe its just summer rite nows and fixing rust just taking too much time and they rather do soem thing easy and make more money on it

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

doing a rust job, i will be lucky to make straight time on it (even if it cut out and replace.. there is just way more prep that never gets charged for)... or i can do collision work and at least double, if not triple my time... Rust sucks, and is for apprentices to learn on
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Well went with Artisan, and Felix did an awesome job! Definitely someone who takes pride in his work, and won't cut corners.
    highly reccoemended!

My Ride
    2003 Celica GT

post some pics of the Fix

yes please, post pics. and can anyone else talk on behalf of this por-15?

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Originally posted by LuxCars
    yes please, post pics. and can anyone else talk on behalf of this por-15?
    ^^
    and can anyone confirm about possibility of getting Por-15 from NAPA?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast