Quantcast
Whats with Telus VM these days? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Whats with Telus VM these days?

My Ride
    Mini

Default Whats with Telus VM these days?

My current personal, Telus phone (less than a year old) never gives me notification on VM, I have contacted Telus about it and said there is a bug. Then, my Telus phone for Work, the VM just died on me a few weeks ago and same problem. Then, yesterday my friends VM doesn't work no more!

WTF. Personally, this is driving me nuts, I am thinking I should switch now since hopefully my number is portable and able to use it on Rogers since not getting VM notifications is driving me nuts since I gotta call my VM to see if I have any or not sigh.

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Telus is known to have very bad customer service. I had nothing but problems with them. I am very happy with shaw and i would never go back with them.
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

My Ride
    G35

Originally posted by R!zz0
    Telus is known to have very bad customer service. I had nothing but problems with them. I am very happy with shaw and i would never go back with them.
    All cell phone companies have bad customer service, Telus is one of the better ones. It really depends on the rep. But with Telus you never wait on the phone longer than 10 minutes.

I'd have to agree with all cell phone companies have bad customer service. They spend more money trying to attract new clients than keeping them. But on the flip side, they all do have their perks and it really does depend on who you talk to when it comes to service.

Have you tried going into the store to see what they can do about it? Maybe it's a software issue and they could reset it or something.

My Ride
    Mini

Originally posted by Amysicle
    I'd have to agree with all cell phone companies have bad customer service. They spend more money trying to attract new clients than keeping them. But on the flip side, they all do have their perks and it really does depend on who you talk to when it comes to service.

Have you tried going into the store to see what they can do about it? Maybe it's a software issue and they could reset it or something.
    They look at the phone for the settings (which I checked), then they told me what others say, buy another phone, sorry but having bought a brand new phone less than a year ago, for 350 bucks, I ain't buying another one just cause an associate tells me to buy another...less than a YEAR phone should work! They even still sell it LOL.

My Ride
    G35

Your phone should have a one year warranty.. bring it back to the retailer.

My Ride
    04 Acura TL

you would be amazed what getting angry nd demanding free stuff on the phone will do you for you with cell phone companies. Our household (5 guys) has had issues and have likely gotten around $1000 in rebates and free service from rogers with 3 phones, internet and cable. Just demand money back! The threatening to change services they will just laugh at though!

^^^

Threatening to change service isnt gonna do much, but if you call in and say "I want to cancel my plan and switch to _______"

you get transferred to another department who will take care of you very nicely and meet most of your demands.
    If you ask for too much, they catch on and they will cancel your plan.

My Ride
    Honda CRV

yeah its called
    loyalty and retention

lol
    they help u out
    telus is tryin to keep its mobility cust's cause rogers is taken over with gsm... so telus is drowning in regards to consumer sales
    business side of things.. telus is still ahead.. and will be for while.

Originally posted by omagedon

They look at the phone for the settings (which I checked), then they told me what others say, buy another phone, sorry but having bought a brand new phone less than a year ago, for 350 bucks, I ain't buying another one just cause an associate tells me to buy another...less than a YEAR phone should work! They even still sell it LOL.
    Hmm.. I don't know why they were checking your phone for voicemail issues. Voicemail issues are not related to the phone itself because you access voicemail with any phone. The only voicemail issue related to the phone is if you have it on your speed dial and you entered it wrong. I'm not sure why they'd tell you that you need a new phone unless your phone couldn't dial out anymore (in that case, you'd be unable to dial your voicemail).

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

It's hilarious how much people think they know about cell phone networks.
    I used to work there, last year Telus switched its voicemail platform and people only had their accounts changed to match it retroactively, there were no proactive measures. And what happens if you're on the old type of notification is eventually, maybe a day, maybe a month, maybe a year like you, it just one day stops working. But once you get switched over to the new type of notification, as long as your SMS works, it should be fine.
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

My Ride
    Mini

Originally posted by BebeAphrodite

Hmm.. I don't know why they were checking your phone for voicemail issues. Voicemail issues are not related to the phone itself because you access voicemail with any phone. The only voicemail issue related to the phone is if you have it on your speed dial and you entered it wrong. I'm not sure why they'd tell you that you need a new phone unless your phone couldn't dial out anymore (in that case, you'd be unable to dial your voicemail).
    I have no idea. I think she was trying to SMS something to both of my phones from her phone and the other way but nadda. I am not a phone person LOL. I am begining to think its a Telus problem and they won't acknowledge it.

Originally posted by em2ab
    But once you get switched over to the new type of notification, as long as your SMS works, it should be fine.
    Thats my problem, both my VM and SMS doesn't work on both phones, my personal phone which never had worked and now my work phone LOL. I can check VM and I get VM but never alerts but SMS I don't receive anything so if someone sends me a SMS I don't get it and don't get notifcation..

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Originally posted by omagedon

I have no idea. I think she was trying to SMS something to both of my phones from her phone and the other way but nadda. I am not a phone person LOL. I am begining to think its a Telus problem and they won't acknowledge it.

Thats my problem, both my VM and SMS doesn't work on both phones, my personal phone which never had worked and now my work phone LOL. I can check VM and I get VM but never alerts but SMS I don't receive anything so if someone sends me a SMS I don't get it and don't get notifcation..
    Should be an easy fix if you explain it like that. I know how to do it I just don't work there anymore.
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.