Quantcast
Anyone work at bestbuy? Or recently have an interview with them? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone work at bestbuy? Or recently have an interview with them?

Default Anyone work at bestbuy? Or recently have an interview with them?

I have an interview with best buy in about 2 days, they just called my house today, and asked some questions on the phone, and scheduled an in person interview. Im kind of nervous, as i dont know what kind of questions they will be asking, or what they are exactly looking for. I applied for sales associate, for etheir video games/music or computers. Can anyone fill me in on what kind of pay i should be asking/looking for, and what kind of questions will be asked at the interview? Should i dress busniess or just casual with jeans?

Thanks in Advance

I would say never wear jeans to an interview. Always dress above their dress code. I believe they wear khakis and a polo, so wear dress shirt and dres pants or better.

My Ride
    300 Limited

I don't think you should be too worried. It's understandable if you're nervous, and believe it or not, it's a good thing. I would agree ^^ in dressing above their dress code. They will ask you questions like; Why do you think you would be a good addition to our team?
    What can you do to improve our service as a team?
    State some of your personal strenghts, etc.
    It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.

ok thanks, another question, is there any role-play? like customer/salesman in the interview, can anyone expand on it if there is? thanks, and how many interviews are there?

thanks again

My Ride
    Memories...

I'd relax man you seem to have a genuine interest in getting the job and that should take you places. Just be smart with your answers and in this job market remember you have the upper hand.

Think about some questions to ask them that your interested in. Ie. room to move up, flexibility for school schedules and things that your concerned with or interested in.

My Ride
    300 Limited

I can pretty much guarantee there will be no "roleplay".
    Chances are you will only get 1 interview. Unless they really can't decide or something, and call you in for a second. (rare cases)
    It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.

My Ride
    Upass

I worked there a few years ago and there was no role play scenarios in the interview. One question I remember was, explain a time when you got into a disagrement with a collegue and how did you handle it. Other than that it was the usual, what are you strengths and weaknesses, why do you want to work for us, tell us why you would be an assest to the company type of questions. Hope that helps and good luck.

its only your first interview
    there is two interviews in total if you qualify
    first interview is with the hiring coordinator (human resource). they will mainly ask you normal interview questions. just dress up nicely. no need to over due (wear a suit) but wearing jeans and tshirt would not impress much because we always talk about kids who interview ppl who comes in jeans and tshirts because fs think they are not serious about getting hired.
    second interview is with the store manager who will ask more security and more self related questions like mentioned by Nav13

just be yourself and you should be fine

goodluck (-_^) d

Which location are you applying to?

My Ride
    sw20, E46 m3

yeah i used to work there like 2 years ago, jus wear a black dress shirt jeans and dresss shoes, notin 2 crazy, wat department u gonna be working in? like i was in computers and he gave me a roleplaying question, he's gonna ask u wat department, jus do a lil research on w.e u choose. its really simple man, dont be worried, jus have alil product knowledge.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

ok thanks everyone, im applying for computers or the video games/music department. Im just worried aobut the role playing asset of it. Im applying to work at sunridge location. Thankss, anything else anyone would like to add would be wonderful

My Ride
    07 civic!

when they ask you a question, do not be shy to answer, always speak up, act like u wanna be there u know? just relax take it easy and i hope u get the job!

I applied and worked at the sunridge location, and dude the interview is pretty basic. The first interview is to talk to like the head supervisor person, They will go over your online application (test) thingy and ask you questions about your past employment, and go over some of your answers and ask you to elaborate.
    If they like you, they will talk to the head manager and you gotta come in to talk to them, that was also pretty slack, they ask you how much you know about whatever you wanna sell.
    Good luck man.
    (don't wear jeans to interview)

My Ride
    a wrx.

I bet you could get the job wearing your jeans and trying to bite your ear every two minutes in the interview. The job market is good right now.

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    I bet you could get the job wearing your jeans and trying to bite your ear every two minutes in the interview. The job market is good right now.
    Lol, and you could do it at Best Buy too considering some of the people you see working there.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

Originally posted by harv91
    I applied and worked at the sunridge location, and dude the interview is pretty basic. The first interview is to talk to like the head supervisor person, They will go over your online application (test) thingy and ask you questions about your past employment, and go over some of your answers and ask you to elaborate.
    If they like you, they will talk to the head manager and you gotta come in to talk to them, that was also pretty slack, they ask you how much you know about whatever you wanna sell.
    Good luck man.
    (don't wear jeans to interview)
    thanks, is the second interview with the head manager right away? the same day? and also , i dont think i wanna risk wearing jeans lol

My Ride
    03EP3, 97 Laredo, Soon GEE TERTY FIVE

dont be worried about a job at bestbuy, my assumption is that this is one of your first jobs, it would be a little more nerve racking if you were working at futureshop as it is a comissons sales environment but this is a hourly wage job, and if you are interested in videogames and music then make sure you are able to ask them basic questions on those subjects, dress nice, khakis and higher, dress shirt, nice shoes, make sure you are able to carry the conversation.. bullshit your ass off on how good of a worker you are, and you'll be working there in a couple days, its a employees market right now, just make sure they know you want to be there and its almost yours. PS

let us know when the trucks arrive for a beyond super stealth meet in the loading bay -

Originally posted by vhero

thanks, is the second interview with the head manager right away? the same day? and also , i dont think i wanna risk wearing jeans lol
    No its not in the same day, they will contact you like in a day or two (well thats how it went for me). And yes its the store manager.

Originally posted by DepTrotter
    dont be worried about a job at bestbuy, my assumption is that this is one of your first jobs, it would be a little more nerve racking if you were working at futureshop as it is a comissons sales environment but this is a hourly wage job, and if you are interested in videogames and music then make sure you are able to ask them basic questions on those subjects, dress nice, khakis and higher, dress shirt, nice shoes, make sure you are able to carry the conversation.. bullshit your ass off on how good of a worker you are, and you'll be working there in a couple days, its a employees market right now, just make sure they know you want to be there and its almost yours. PS

let us know when the trucks arrive for a beyond super stealth meet in the loading bay -
    ur right, this is actually my 3rd job, ive worked at about 2 other jobs, but the thing is, at the the other jobs, the interview was basically what times can u work, and when can you start. There was really no indepth to it. I doubt it will be the same for bestbuy. What do u mean by " basic questions on those subjects" like answers to basic questions or questions that i have myself? thanksss for the help everyonee

K I hope that Im not to late, but I use to work at the bestbuy in Sunridge I think like a summer ago. DON'T WORK THERE AT THAT POS PLACE!, they let me got before my 3 months saying that I was always late. I also had a close friend that was there for I think 7 months when they gave him the same excuse and terminated him. If you want to do retail go to Future Shop, I know its best buy's sister store but at least you make commission and if your in the right department (Home theater, Computers, Car Audio...) you can have a nice phat paycheck. AND This is calgary there are jobs everywhere...

~ThE KiD~

EDIT: Shit sorry didnt see the last post date...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast