Quantcast
Need more guitar discussion - Page 67 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 67 of 119 FirstFirst ... 57 66 67 68 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2368

Thread: Need more guitar discussion

Here’s something unique for this thread. Got one of these coming in as a gift from family down south. It’s going to be much more portable and convenient for my apartment lifestyle. Plus it suits my minimalistic personality lol. Can’t wait to play it. To me it’s the perfect guitar. If I could design my own guitar it would probably look very similar. Plus I think every guitar should use double ball strings. Anything else is pointless really. Nothing like changing strings in 30 seconds :P

To get an idea of size:

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Holy shit that looks cool!

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    Holy shit that looks cool!
    I thought so. Haven't seen any around town. Steinberger is the original. This is a Hohner which is a fully licensed model. With Gibson making Steinberger, some people actually prefer the Hohners now. But w/e. Mainly, I just like the style.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    Ever wanted to rice up your Les Paul but wanted to see what it looked like before you went ahead and did it?

http://www.frankmontag.com/hobbys/cu...yle_guitar.htm
    That's hilarious, I actually used that to model out exactly how I wanted my Les Paul Floyd Rose to look, and it turned out perfect lol. I still have a copy of that saved on my local computer cuz it's such a huge flash file.

Originally posted by Inzane
    I was growing nostalgic for the good ol days (~2007) when you, Rage, Kerry, myself and a few others frequented this thread (and other guitar related threads) on a regular basis. Most have been AWOL for quite a while.
    Problem is I stopped collecting guitars and moved on to watches lol. I pretty much just play 1 guitar now, my Les Paul Vintage Mahogany. I still play a few times a week, when kerry's not around. It's hard to have motivation for learning new stuff when the guy just shreds the most retarded shit in front of me everytime.

I do read this thread regularly tho, whenever there's new posts.

Originally posted by b_t
    It would have been nice if we coulda had Beyond Jam #3
    I wouldn't mind organizing one. If we can find someone to play bass, someone to play drums, and someone to sing. Having 20 guitar players sit around and hang out doesn't really get much accomplished haha. I still have a full setup in my basement so it's not too tough.

I'm also a lot better than Jam #1 and #2, where I couldn't hit pinch harmonics until I got tipsy. If anyone still remembers that... lol
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by rage2
    If we can find someone to play bass
    Yeah, that might be toughy....
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by BigMass
    Here’s something unique for this thread. Got one of these coming in as a gift from family down south. It’s going to be much more portable and convenient for my apartment lifestyle. Plus it suits my minimalistic personality lol. Can’t wait to play it. To me it’s the perfect guitar. If I could design my own guitar it would probably look very similar. Plus I think every guitar should use double ball strings. Anything else is pointless really. Nothing like changing strings in 30 seconds :P

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    To get an idea of size:
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    I've never seen a Steinberger guitar locally, always wanted one though. The lead guitarist for Beyond used to play a GM4T. He used it for every song with a fast solo, pretty much his shred guitar.

Guitar is a lot smaller than it looks in this pic, because as you all know, asians are tiny people.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Exploded.

I've never seen a Steinberger guitar locally, always wanted one though. The lead guitarist for Beyond used to play a GM4T. He used it for every song with a fast solo, pretty much his shred guitar.

Guitar is a lot smaller than it looks in this pic, because as you all know, asians are tiny people.
    I've seen Steinberger's on the internets and it's built to last!:

Originally posted by b_t
    everybody in here likes old man guitars now I felt out of place.
    Don't worry, I'm still an Ibanez whore. (or at least a wannabe...lol).

I wanted to buy myself a JEM recently but the wife shot that down pretty quick. I haven't given up though.

Has it really been that long? Damn.. I'm still playing though, not every day for an hour like I used to, but still quite a bit. How bout you?
    I was pretty gung-ho when I was just starting to play in 2007, but stopped somewhere around Nov/Dec that year. Other priorities and work got in the way. Before I knew it most of 08 and 09 went by without touching my guitars much. But finally over the recent xmas break I started playing again and I've been at it semi-regularly since. I'm not playing daily, but a few times a week, and surprisingly I'm actually making some progress.

The thing that sucks though is when I realize had I been playing steady since '07 I maybe could've been GOOD by now. Damn.

My Ride
    '06 300C SRT8, '04 ZX6R

I was just wondering, I haven't read through this whole thread so I don't know if it's been covered ta all but I'm looking to possibly get some accoustic guitar lessons and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations.

I know a few basics and know around 7 chords or so but I want someone that can help me with chord switching and with learning a few songs. I know you can find a lot of info online to learn but I'm the type of person that benefits by someone actually showing me and talking me through it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh and here's a pic of my guitar just for kicks. It's a Takamine.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Hi-Psi
    I was just wondering, I haven't read through this whole thread so I don't know if it's been covered ta all but I'm looking to possibly get some accoustic guitar lessons and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations.

I know a few basics and know around 7 chords or so but I want someone that can help me with chord switching and with learning a few songs. I know you can find a lot of info online to learn but I'm the type of person that benefits by someone actually showing me and talking me through it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh and here's a pic of my guitar just for kicks. It's a Takamine.

Holy shi- Is that a crack or a reflection on the body?

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

it's a reflection of the top of the case.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    2011 VW Golf GTI

Is your Takamine a G series Tak or a full on Japanese made Tak? I've been looking to get a better acoustic and am a little adamant about spending the 1.5 grand on a midrange martin. Been interested in gettin a Tak as of late but not sure as to who sells the higher end ones in calgary. Checked L&M online and they seem to only sell the G series. Anyone got any ideas?

Well I figured I would get in on this convo. I was at Long & Mcquade with a friend while he was picking up some strings when I saw my black beauty. I dont really know much about guitars but I liked it because it was black and it had a cut out and left handed and had feather things. I dont know if I will ever play it, it was more of a random impulse purchase, I dont know whether I am going to bother learning to play yet ha ha

I guess it is called an Ovation

Last edited by boarderfatty; 03-29-2010 at 10:45 PM.
    jordanturbo is like herpes... Always coming back for more

^^that is a sweet guitar. i have wanted one of those since the mid-90s, but never bought one since it would kinda be a "weekend driver" for me. anyhow, nice grab, hope you learn to love it. what did you pay for it?

^^^
    I think it was 800 plus tax, not sure if it is a reasonable price or not as i said it was an impulse purchase don't really know much about it other than i liked it, wanted it and bought it lol. I guess I will find out when I get my visa bill

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by boarderfatty
    Well I figured I would get in on this convo. I was at Long & Mcquade with a friend while he was picking up some strings when I saw my black beauty. I dont really know much about guitars but I liked it because it was black and it had a cut out and left handed and had feather things. I dont know if I will ever play it, it was more of a random impulse purchase, I dont know whether I am going to bother learning to play yet ha ha

I guess it is called an Ovation
    Ovation's are cool, but 'purists' don't like it because the back is rubber/plastic or something.

Never actually tried one so can't say much, but only Beyond OG's will pimp out the carbon fibre:

I wouldn't mind organizing one. If we can find someone to play bass, someone to play drums, and someone to sing. Having 20 guitar players sit around and hang out doesn't really get much accomplished haha. I still have a full setup in my basement so it's not too tough.

I'm also a lot better than Jam #1 and #2, where I couldn't hit pinch harmonics until I got tipsy. If anyone still remembers that... lol
    I can sing! I'm Filipino; it runs in my blood.

And NO Karaoke! I SWEAR!
    Last edited by flipstah; 03-29-2010 at 11:05 PM.

^^^ I saw a couple of those and was intrigued but I wanted a cut out, and finding a cut out in lefty is basically impossible

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

I've got an Ovation Celebrity Deluxe Super Shallow that I purchased used from a beyonder about a year ago.

It's a bit different than a standard acoustic, but I find that the curvature of the body significantly increases the long term playing comfort of the guitar...at least for me. It can be a little bit awkward at first, as the curved back and smooth plastic can cause the guitar to want to slip (especially if you're wearing something like lululemons or whatever)

It's got a really nice bright sound to it and aesthetically, it really stands out (mine has a kind of sunburst-ish figured maple top and the same leaf cutouts as Boarderfatty's)
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

FYI, Musician's Friend has a 15% off coupon for order $199 or more until tomorrow night:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/file

So tempted to place an order...

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by boarderfatty
    Beautiful guitar! Nice to see a fellow lefty. Long & McQuade really is the only place to go for lefty guitars & basses. Everywhere else has nothing for a selection, at best some cheesy ultra-low end shit.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Page 67 of 119 FirstFirst ... 57 66 67 68 77 ... LastLast