Quantcast
Need more guitar discussion - Page 113 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 113 of 119 FirstFirst ... 103 112 113 114 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2368

Thread: Need more guitar discussion

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

here are 90% of the pedals, of which still outstanding from these pics are a whammy 1, rotosphere, polychorus big box reissue, dd-20, hog with foot controller, shredmaster clone, od1, and possibly a couple others (photobucket doesn't want to rotate the images for some reason)...

most of the guitars, a few are still at the shop, upstairs, or at my parents place, this is about 75%

sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Originally posted by finboy

Should you ever feel the need to sell your Digitech Whammy, let me know.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Got my princeton reverb back!

^ Finboy's post reminded me I wanted to poll you guys to see how many of you were still into using/collecting various effects pedals (vs. the more modern approach of the multi-effects units like Line 6 PODs, etc.).

For those of you into pedals, what are some of the rarer or sought after gems you have in your collection?

I've got a 80s-era made-in-japan Boss DS-1 and a DD-2, both considered "better" than their modern day equivalents.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I've probably said this before 30 pages back, but we're all a bunch of gear whores!

With kids' bedtime at 8pm in the house, I haven't played much lately. When I do, I'm still 100% happy with the Samson wireless, into iPad running Amplitude, then back out to my wireless Sennheiser. The full wireless setup is wicked for just walking around, playing, and rocking out. About a year or 2 back, I mentioned how I've been going back to basics, with very minimal effects and really either playing clean or simple distortion. It's done a lot for my playing, I'm playing much more accurate and can get away with playing even more drunk (I think) haha.

Basement reno's almost complete, and I'm going to start looking into a more permanent (and less eardrum abusive) setup that's fully wireless and electronic (including drums) with some monitors. bourge's amp, plus zipdoa's drumming fighting over who's louder really did a number to all of our hearing haha. Feels like it's been over a year since I've jammed at all.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

I LOVE stomp boxes, and even rack gear (quadraverb ). The new line six stuff (m5, m9, m13, dl4, verbzilla) are great, some people don't like them because eh are digital/modelling, but I like good noise, regardless

It is the best time to be a guitar player right now, vintage gear is coming down in price, production costs are down, and selection of gear available is growing ever wider. Some vintage gear is still silly priced, but I use reverb.com to find a lot of stuff. Ebay has become a bit useless as people just ask way too much, but reverb has much more reasonable prices and people IMO. Guitars Canada also has a great classified section, really good place to get some deals (and in canadian dollars!)

My most valued pedal is the jetpack mods xp1000, based on the digitech so series. I have 2 and one ready for conversion when I get a job again. Rumour has it digitech might bring back the xp300 space station now that the new whammy 5 has been such I hit, I REALLY hope they do

Rage, acoustic did the same for me, you really don't realize how sloppy your playing gets until there is nothing for it to hide behind

Zipdoa still complains about his ears from the last time you guys jammed
    Last edited by finboy; 05-22-2014 at 02:31 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Rage, acoustic did the same for me, you really don't realize how sloppy your playing gets until there is nothing for it to hide behind

Zipdoa still complains about his ears from the last time you guys jammed
    My fingers are too precious to play acoustic.

And ya, zippy definitely got the most damage in those last jams, bourge's amp sat by the drums right beside his left ear. But oh, were those jams ever epic.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2
    With kids' bedtime at 8pm in the house, I haven't played much lately.

Basement reno's almost complete,
    I had no idea you were a parent. How many and how old?

Part of my basement development was a home theater room. Due to the soundproofing measures I did there, it doubles nicely as a music/practice room.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

I've probably said this before 30 pages back, but we're all a bunch of gear whores!
    finboy, ever the prophet, on page 2 :

you don't need skill to be a gear whore dude, i've got 8 or 9 guitars and i'm terrible

Speaking of old posts, whatever happened to kerry? He was always in this thread but really went MIA a while back.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

My fingers are too precious to play acoustic.

And ya, zippy definitely got the most damage in those last jams, bourge's amp sat by the drums right beside his left ear. But oh, were those jams ever epic.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

So my new-to-me fiver arrived today. It's an Ibanez BTB 1205e Prestige, all stock with USA Bartolini Custom pickups and electronics. These pups are just incredible, the tone shaping options are nearly endless and they sound amazing.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Individual bridge saddles, the devils work!

Playing around with moog's new mf drive today, killer series of pedal, I can't recommend them enough

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    Last edited by finboy; 05-31-2014 at 12:37 PM.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Individual bridge saddles, the devils work!
    Good enough for Dingwall, good enough for me! Not that I could tell the difference by sound, haha.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

While getting gear moved to my new place, I somehow lost my rotosphere, which is saying something because it is probably the biggest pedal one could buy. I can't figure if it was stolen out of my car, or fell off in transport, but considering a replacement is $450 new, I was pretty bummed. I am guessing it was snatched while offloading into the house or when my window got smashed, but my deductible is more than the cost of the pedal, so replacement is out of pocket. Today I walked into l&m to price out options to replace (which is super fun while unemployed), and my buddy said someone just brought one in the previous day, $200

I can sell off a spare 1x12 cab to make up most of that, so one of my favourite pedals is back!

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

The Traynors have become sentient and begun replicating...

Despite barely playing 6 string anymore, I've been wanting a cabinet that looks better with my YBA-1mod1 head.
    A '73 YSR-1 Custom Reverb came up for sale with a matching 6x10 cab.
    There are a couple small issues (as far as I can tell), but I'll get the amp back to tip top, then probably sell it. So if anyone is interested in a vintage traynor head, let me know.

The 6x10 should make for a good bass cab with the old marsland speakers, so as an added bonus I've not got a 40watt all tube bass practice rig.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

What's the funky DIY-looking tube head behind the Araya LTD?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

My Ride

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
    ~1.5watt push-pull firefly circuit
    Two 12ax7 pre amp tubes, one is a switched cascade boost circuit
    12au7 as a power tube.
    Fun little practice amp that gives you that tube dynamic at super low volumes. Not the most versatile amp in the world, but it's a cool little amp to have around when the kids are sleeping, and it only cost about $220 to build.

I have a cabinet built for it sitting in the garage, but after going through the pain in the ass of covering the cab I built in vinyl, I've been dreading covering the head cab.
    Last edited by TKRIS; 06-12-2014 at 10:01 AM.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Ha! "I've got a lot of love to give, and my only outlet is my ham radio."

Originally posted by TKRIS

~1.5watt push-pull firefly circuit
    Two 12ax7 pre amp tubes, one is a switched cascade boost circuit
    12au7 as a power tube.
    Fun little practice amp that gives you that tube dynamic at super low volumes. Not the most versatile amp in the world, but it's a cool little amp to have around when the kids are sleeping, and it only cost about $220 to build.

I have a cabinet built for it sitting in the garage, but after going through the pain in the ass of covering the cab I built in vinyl, I've been dreading covering the head cab.

That's pretty neat, is it a homebrew design or a DIY kit of some kind?

My Ride

I bought a PCB and the components, so it's mostly just a matter of soldering everything together and checking it all. I made a couple changes, but it was pretty paint by numbers. I did enough research to have a pretty good idea of what I was doing, so it only took a few hours to put it all together.

Page 113 of 119 FirstFirst ... 103 112 113 114 ... LastLast