Page 57 of 119 FirstFirst ... 47 56 57 58 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2368

Thread: Need more guitar discussion

My Ride
    TwoTurbos

Originally posted by Mckenzie
    Nice! No teasing....Gib or Ep?

I've always wanted one of those.

She's an Epi.. still cant play well enough to justify dropping more then I spent on this baby yet.. some day though

Now if only my puppy would stop hiding in my room looking around the corner at it.. figures the one thing a 70lb boxer pup would be afraid of is this haha

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Nice guitar. I've always loved the look and feel of those. I'd be curious to hear your opinions on the pickups. Obviously lots of info on EMG's active pickups, but I've never played anything with their passive pickups.

And don't feel bad, I can't play well enough to justify anything more than a Squier and an AmPlug, but I'm not going to let that stop me. I just bought another handful of effects pedals. Should be here in about a week.

I started spraying color on the project strat. It's a '97 made in Indonesia Squier, so it's not exactly representative of their finest hour. 6 piece body. That's right: 6 pieces. And there must have been 3 pounds of poly on that fucking thing. Of course I didn't wear a mask while sanding, so now I've got emphysema to look forward to. That should be fun.
    Pretty sloppy guitar all around, so I didn't spend too much time trying to clean it up. It's just meant as a beater guitar that will look good from 10 feet away. Didn't even bother filling scratches and imperfections. I'm spraying light, so it should wear nicely in a few years. Picked up a loaded GFS pickguard for it. I'm thinking of filling all the holes and putting a Wilkinson trem on it, but I'm going to wait and see if it looks and plays like dogshit before I spend anymore $$$ on it. It could use a new neck too, but if I'm going to get that deep into it, I'll just throw it back together stock and build a new one from scratch.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by nixon45

She's an Epi.. still cant play well enough to justify dropping more then I spent on this baby yet.. some day though

Now if only my puppy would stop hiding in my room looking around the corner at it.. figures the one thing a 70lb boxer pup would be afraid of is this haha
    Hahaha well the front is kind of menacing...nice axe though and yes the gibby's are pricey.

And don't worry about being able to justify your purchases. I own enough high end gear you would think I'm a backup for Keith Richards but my playing would indicate otherwise ahah...more of a fun hobby than anything.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

I know these are basses, but I just picked up this lightly used lefty F-bass at Long McQuade. They got it around a year ago, but nobody had the $2200 they originally wanted for it. (Its a $3700 USD bass). Im SURE it would have sold a LONG time ago if it wasn't a lefty but thankfully it wasn't.

Finally after many price slashings they gave it to me for $1500 tax in. Yeah I know how much they bought it for, and they got HOSED in this deal.

Its an incredible bass, it just plays like an absolute dream... just amazing. I love it. It was my motivation to stop drinking completely. Instead with the money I was wasting on beer and wine; I used it to paid for this thing.
    I wish I could get a pic of them together, but they're fixing the output jack on it currently.

It'll look great sitting right beside my Conklin GT7, 7 string bass.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Exploded.

Hey everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone can give me a rough estimate as to how much my guitar is worth?

I've been struggling like crazy learning with a right-handed guitar and would like to trade it in for a left-handed guitar.

I got it as a gift and I have been trying to learn for quite some time but I fail at strumming.

Anyways, it's an Oscar Schmidt guitar made by Washburn (OG21T) and was wondering if I am able to get a good price on it in terms of a trade?

Not sure if anyone is able to help but hey, it's worth a shot.

I'm heading to Mothers on Tuesday to see what I can get for it but would like to know what others think.

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Default My new toys

Got some new toys to play with:

Engl Thunderdrive 50 Combo. This thing sounds phenomenal. Beautiful, musical distortion and sparkling cleans.

Epiphone Explorer. I love how this thing looks and sounds. Going to replace the pickups with a JB and Jazz at some point down the road.

Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    Exploded.

You're not the only one who got a new toy...

I call her Jeneen. Also known as an Ibanez MSC650.

Now, what's a decent, affordable amp for a first-time electric guitarist? I'm more of an acoustic dude but this thing does both so I wanna practice and doodle around the electric side of things.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by flipstah
    You're not the only one who got a new toy...

I call her Jeneen. Also known as an Ibanez MSC650.

Now, what's a decent, affordable amp for a first-time electric guitarist? I'm more of an acoustic dude but this thing does both so I wanna practice and doodle around the electric side of things.
    I got my fender deluxe 85 for $300... solid state but it gets some really nice glassy clean tones and responds REALLY well to distortion and effects!
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride

Just a head's up for anyone who's not been on HC, Musician's Friend has Gibson Melody Makers on sale (white only, call in only) for $250USD.

Insane price.

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Default Re: My new toys

Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
    Got some new toys to play with:

Engl Thunderdrive 50 Combo. This thing sounds phenomenal. Beautiful, musical distortion and sparkling cleans.

Nice Engl I have an Invader and wouldn't trade it for anything.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by zipdoa

I got my fender deluxe 85 for $300... solid state but it gets some really nice glassy clean tones and responds REALLY well to distortion and effects!
    So $300 is the 'decent' range for an amp or are there cheaper ones that offer good sound?

My Ride

If it's just for playing around the house, there are a lot of low wattage tube amp available now. I've played the Blackhearts, and they're nice.
    Blackstar just came out with a mini stack that runs about $400.
    Vox has a new 4watt that's been getting great reviews. It's only about $300 brand new.

Don't get sucked into the hype. 5-ish watts is fucking loud if you're just playing at home. I've got a 50 watt Kustom that knocks pictures off the wall, as a result, I can't play it nearly as often as I'd like to.

Blackheart
    http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...sku=483078#new

Blackstar
    http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...sku=489746#new

Vox:
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AC4TV/

Modelers and the like are fine, but I'd take a plain jane tube amp any day.
    Last edited by TKRIS; 07-02-2009 at 09:16 AM.

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Default Re: Re: My new toys

Originally posted by b_t

I had it down to either a Mesa 5:25 express or the Thunder 50. I definitely thought the Engl had better sound though not by much. The clarity and definition of that amp is just incredible. Playing some funky jazz chords with the gain way up and it still sounds clear, no mud or anything. I`m really impressed with it. If I decide to spend some money on a head and cab I`d look seriously at a Powerball or Fireball. I played a Fireball through a Engl 4x12 cab and it sounded amazing but it was massive overkill for me just playing at home, the Thunder is even a little ridiculous to be honest but I love how it sounds.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Default Re: Re: My new toys

Originally posted by b_t

I see that you're rocking out the Orange. I'm planning to get the Crush 10 or 15 but L&Q and MCC told me that they're backordered till October. *tear*

Are the small Crush series any good?

They sound good.

On YouTube.

My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Default Re: Re: Re: My new toys

I see that you're rocking out the Orange. I'm planning to get the Crush 10 or 15 but L&Q and MCC told me that they're backordered till October. *tear*

Are the small Crush series any good?

They sound good.

On YouTube.
    I putzed around with one for a bit. There are alright if that is the kind of tone you are after.. British-flavored, not a ridiculous amount of gain.. definitely did not work for me I like the Blackheart a lot more but there is a pretty big price difference there.
    My favorite practice amp would have to be the Roland Cube.. definitely!! check one of those out if you haven't already.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: My new toys

Originally posted by b_t

I putzed around with one for a bit. There are alright if that is the kind of tone you are after.. British-flavored, not a ridiculous amount of gain.. definitely did not work for me I like the Blackheart a lot more but there is a pretty big price difference there.
    My favorite practice amp would have to be the Roland Cube.. definitely!! check one of those out if you haven't already.
    Where can I test-drive/get a decent-priced Cube? Mother's doesn't carry Roland...

My Ride
    2003 MB E320

Any bassists out here interested in joining a RNB/Neo-soul/Jazz and Grunge/Rock/Reggae fusion band? I know it's weird but you gotta hear it!

My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My new toys

Where can I test-drive/get a decent-priced Cube? Mother's doesn't carry Roland...
    Music Center Canada has Roland if I remember right.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My new toys

Originally posted by b_t

Music Center Canada has Roland if I remember right.
    Thanks! The Cube is ~$300 bucks but I'm gonna see if it's cheaper to make an amp myself.

... This could be fun.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

on special for $999 at musicians friend, $1299 for 360's. any colour, 6 string only, sale on until july 25th. they ONLY ship ups ground due to manufacturer agreements (NO other companies for shipping, and you CAN'T upgrade to ups air), so you might want to rebound ship it.

i'm grabbing a jetglo 330 soon

$58 to ship to canada via usps...
    http://ircalc.usps.gov/IntlMailServi...&P=23&O=0&sd=1
    Last edited by finboy; 07-02-2009 at 09:17 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Page 57 of 119 FirstFirst ... 47 56 57 58 67 ... LastLast