Quantcast
Need more guitar discussion - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 119 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Need more guitar discussion

Talking Need more guitar discussion

It would seem that our 3-4 previous guitar related threads have all fallen by the wayside.

Can we revive something here? Can we talk about guitars and related subject matter?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

sure...

Gibson Les Paul Studio. Man are they ever cheap in the states! Saved $600 each compared to buying here.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Sweet.

I remember you posting that in your car buying thread, but I forgot to comment at the time. (I still think you're a wuss for buying an auto. ) But those are nice guitars!

I don't know if I ever mentioned but I settled on a Roland Cube 30x for my first practice amp. It has more than enough features for me for now. I know it won't be my last amp. But in the meantime I still find I'm grabbing my acoustic for most of my learning/practicing right now.

My Ride
    ACR/EG/FJZ80/DC4/DC2/22RE

Pretty
    haha I want one as well... lol

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by rage2
    sure...

Gibson Les Paul Studio. Man are they ever cheap in the states! Saved $600 each compared to buying here.
    vintage mahogany's, good guitar from what i hear. do yours rattle at all? there have been a few complaints that gibson forgot to remove all the wood pieces when doing the weight relief on a few of them
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

No rattles at all. I haven't done a full setup on it yet, and it plays really nice as is so far. Action is so low from the factory!

Originally posted by Inzane
    (I still think you're a wuss for buying an auto. )

Post that in the auto vs manual thread and we'll have some fun arguing haha.

But those are nice guitars!
    Yea, my first gibson... I didn't like the other Gibson Les Pauls cuz they were so heavy, these ones are lighter than my Epiphone Les Pauls, prob cuz there's no paint on them.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

I was looking for a Les Paul-ish guitar, but I didn't want to pay Les Paul money and wanted something that played more like a Soloist... so I got this

Mahogany neck and body with a real flame maple cap... they did natural masked binding along the cap just to prove it ahahaha. Real Seymour Duncans too, with great quality hardware, and it was under $700. Wicked deal and damn does it ever sound good.

Also got another 7 string...

I really don't like it. Ibanez S7320. The trem is totally awesome, I love the trem, but the neck just feels like junk with a cheap fretboard and a crappy finish maple that reminds me of my $100 Squire. I put a Lundgren M7 in it ($205usd on its own) and it sounds NICE, so brutal, but it plays like junk so I am selling it...

When are we having another jam sesh?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I was looking at Epi's (again! lol) to see if I can find myself a spare guitar for cheap and stumbled upon those Gibson LP Studios. For the money, I couldn't refuse! (neither could kerry haha).

I'm up for another beyond jam session. Can't do sundays no more tho, since I practice with another band on sundays now.

Originally posted by b_t
    That green music man looks like a Petrucci guitar.. is it from his signature line?

My Ride
    is probably sh*tier than urs

heres my axe.. a little old but does the trick...just love the floyd rose on it.. as u can c im not too into traditional guitars

course this guitar sucks for one thing.. the case is so fucking big its ridiculous.. they dont make gig bags for it well ritter does but i cant seem to import one from overseas!.. take a les paul case multiply x 3 1/2 and theres the size of my case

You can technically get a ticket for each window that's illegally tinted. So as above, if you're being an ass to the officer (or if he's just an ass to begin with), he can give you two. (or three tickets if you're dumb enough to tint the windshield of your BMW... but if you own a BMW you can't be stupid right?)
    Originally posted by RoseLover

Any penny you have to work hard to get, you will consider as "cheapness"...if you hate people from overseas...why you stay in North America!

My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

That green music man looks like a Petrucci guitar.. is it from his signature line?
    Yup that is definitely the John Petrucci 7 string made by Ernie Ball Musicman. It is a great guitar, but I have a hard time even touching it because it was just so much money. I might return it to Long and McQuade soon and get something else, cheaper. It also changes color with the light too.. the finish was $200 extra plus $200 for piezos so I could have bought a nice set of 19" rims for how much that thing cost. It definitely plays really nicely, but I've had Jacksons before that were $1500 less that played just as well and sounded a bit better. I don't like the wood the body is made out of - basswood makes for a really neutral sound, great for solos, but crappy for the kind of riffing I do (metal!)

I was looking at Epi's (again! lol) to see if I can find myself a spare guitar for cheap and stumbled upon those Gibson LP Studios. For the money, I couldn't refuse! (neither could kerry haha).

I'm up for another beyond jam session. Can't do sundays no more tho, since I practice with another band on sundays now.
    You joined a band? Hahaha bitchin' Do you play GnR covers or what?
    We could jam on a Saturday afternoon some time because the next long weekend is a ways off and I will be going camping that weekend anyway... how would something like the 14th or 21st work for you?

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

a lot of gibsons new LP lineup has weight relief holes, the lightest seems to be the BFG which has a HUGE chamber cut into it, really its more like a semi-hollow without an f-hole. If you want to check out some other sweet LP'ish guitars that are lighter, i've heard Edwards can't be beat, and they have a killer jimmy page relic model

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by b_t
    You joined a band? Hahaha bitchin' Do you play GnR covers or what?
    We could jam on a Saturday afternoon some time because the next long weekend is a ways off and I will be going camping that weekend anyway... how would something like the 14th or 21st work for you?
    haha kinda... a bunch of us at work kinda got together and started playing so we can play company parties .

Thanks to kerry, my speed has improved 10 fold, so I can actually manage lead now haha.

14th works for me in the day (work in the evening), 21st would be better if we plan on doing some drinkin' too!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by finboy
    a lot of gibsons new LP lineup has weight relief holes, the lightest seems to be the BFG which has a HUGE chamber cut into it, really its more like a semi-hollow without an f-hole. If you want to check out some other sweet LP'ish guitars that are lighter, i've heard Edwards can't be beat, and they have a killer jimmy page relic model
    Ya I played the BFG too, actually was shopping for one, but the LP studio played way nicer. The kill switch on the BFG isn't a momentary switch which kinda sucks, and the arrangement of knobs is quite a bit different than normal LP's so I settled for the Studio.

My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

haha kinda... a bunch of us at work kinda got together and started playing so we can play company parties .

Thanks to kerry, my speed has improved 10 fold, so I can actually manage lead now haha.

14th works for me in the day (work in the evening), 21st would be better if we plan on doing some drinkin' too!
    Sure lets do the 21st then. Drinking, maybe not, but I would hope to make use of your volcano. I'll bring my own weed this time though for everybody interested, I would say its my turn ahaha

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Ya I played the BFG too, actually was shopping for one, but the LP studio played way nicer. The kill switch on the BFG isn't a momentary switch which kinda sucks, and the arrangement of knobs is quite a bit different than normal LP's so I settled for the Studio.
    i'd still love one because of the pickup configuration (probably just install stock electronics, and some minor dress up parts like beauty rings, new knobs, truss rod cover, etc.) but 1000 for an unfinished les paul doesn't seem like such a good idea since i already have 3 guitars with neck p90's, and could snag an edwards for around the same price that looks 10 times better.

congrats on the new band

My Ride
    '15 GTI

man, you guys have way too many guitars

nice LPs rage, is there a price difference between those and ones with finish?

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

vintage mahogany:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...tar?sku=517536

studio:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...tar?sku=517030

the studio's were at 1g for a while, but they went back up, the difference between the two is the finish choice, and with the studio the cap is maple, where the VM is all mahogany

Here's a picture of my axe:

My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

The 20th anniversary RG550? Sweeeet

Page 1 of 119 1 2 11 ... LastLast