Quantcast
Need more guitar discussion - Page 110 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 110 of 119 FirstFirst ... 100 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2368

Thread: Need more guitar discussion

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by finboy
    '72 deluxe, yes i still have the original pickups and am deciding what guitar to put those in, but this thing will be getting a nice set of p90's. it sounds nice unplugged, but is lighter than the 1980 i bought a couple of weeks ago, here are some pics of it with its sibling. I had to trade my SG classic plus cash, but totally worth it IMO

You will love youe deluxe...mine is a 74. I kept the origimal pick-ups. I love jhow much they cut through when I'm playing in a group. My tuning pegs were replaced.

This one is beside my Marshall beer fridge:

"if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

I loved yours when I got to play it at rage's years ago, pickups will likely find a new home in a jaguar, definitely not getting rid of them! LoL
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

it turns out these things are routed for 2 pickups, and the holes look big enough to accommodate soap bars, the more you know, i am sticking with one to keep it stock looking. under the pick guard is quite green, which makes me think refin, but the way it has faded, and worn down through the clear in some spots to original pelham has got me absolutely baffled.

anyways...

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

How it sits now, pickup pulled, new pots (ones in there were aftermarket), waiting for the pickup, any fans of william gibson might recognize the sticker

LOVE this thing

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

new pickups with temporary covers until the cream ones arrive, pickups are duncans from an edwards

It sounds great, the mini hums are going into an Edwards les Paul which will look like this....

Rotten, and pictures of the back of your deluxe? I love tobacco burst and was wondering if they treat the neck and back of the body the same.
    Last edited by finboy; 06-03-2013 at 11:24 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Black and Gold LP, my favorite color combo.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by rage2
    Black and Gold LP, my favorite color combo.
    you should give an Edwards a try, really good guitar for the money, and the come factory with Duncan's. surprisingly, the 335 has a solid maple top (as opposed to laminate), I don't even think gibson does that anymore. Shipping from Japan is pricey, but most of the guys on ebay are pretty good about it. I bought the black one "used" for $700 all in, shipping took 3 days via air mail. If you don't like it, it should t be hard to resell as a lot of people here want to try them but are afraid of shipping from Japan. There is a 3 pickup custom that I would love to grab, but money is a bit tight for that right now

Edit:
    Now my good top has p90's, and this lp has mini hums with gold covers.

click for larger version

click for larger version

It was a great deal, and after selling a jaguar that was way too heavy, I might consider another, they are really good guitars for the price!
    Last edited by finboy; 06-05-2013 at 08:30 AM.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

What does beyond recommend for an amplifier? Does a sub $500 budget get me something half decent?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I've been playing using my Marshall Micro Stacks for the last year. They're not loud enough for a jam with real drums, but for practice, they're amazing for the money. Looks badass, and sounds amazing too. I've got 2 of them, but the one I primarily use is the Dave Mustaine Megastack. For a non signature model, I see them sell for $200-$300.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2009 Forester

Originally posted by sxtasy
    What does beyond recommend for an amplifier? Does a sub $500 budget get me something half decent?

What style of music?

If you want solid state, I'd say a peavey vypyr.

If you want tube, I'd say Jet City or Bugera. Both have affordable tube amps around that price point.
    Tim

Thread revive.

Anyone pick up any new gear lately?

Question for Rage or anyone else knowledgeable on Gibsons:
    Are the LPJ 2013 entry models (link here
    http://www.long-mcquade.com/products...tin_Cherry.htm
    anything like the Studio model you were raving about back on page 1 of this thread? (Man, hard to believe that was 6 years ago)

My Ride
    2009 Forester

I've started building and selling my own pedals.

I have a few overdrives available and some high gain stomp boxes
    Tim

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Specs wise, it looks damn close. Biggest difference is the pickups, the Les Paul Studio Satin (old model) came with Burstbucker Pro's, while the new LPJ 2013 comes with 490R and 498T pickups, which IMO are slightly brighter and more definition than the Burstbuckers (I have them on my Studio Premium Plus).

Here's the official Gibson page for the 2 guitars:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Elec...dio-Satin.aspx

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Elec...n-USA/LPJ.aspx

Pretty good guitar for the money!

edit - LPJ has a rosewood fingerboard, while the Studio had a Maple fingerboard. All personal preference there. The most important is that the guitar has the 50's rounded neck, by far my favorite neck of any guitar.

edit2 - According to the comments, the original older Studio Vintage Mahogany versions that I brought back from Chicago had Rosewood fingerboards. They changed it to Maple on the Studio Satin model. Who knew haha.

edit3 - pics from the progression of the model.

The original, Les Paul Studio Vintage Mahogany, rosewood fingerboard:
    click for larger version
    The second version, Les Paul Studio Faded in Ebony Stain, rosewood fingerboard:
    click for larger version

click for larger version
    3rd version would be the Satin, which I don't own, and has a maple fingerboard, and the hard case of the 2 prior models replaced with gig bags. So the LPJ 2013 would be the evolution of the 3 prior models bringing back the rosewood fingerboard and changing out the pickups for something nicer (personal pref there too). They all look the same, and I'll bet they all play the same too haha.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Jesus, this keep changing the names on these studios. VM, then faded, now satin? Regardless, I love the look and feel of these.

You might also want to look into the 50's, 60's, and 70's tribute models.

50's fat neck, P90 pickups:
    http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Elec...s-Tribute.aspx

60's thin neck, BurstBucker 1 and 2 humbuckers:

70's medium neck, Dirty Fingers humbuckers:

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by finboy
    new pickups with temporary covers until the cream ones arrive, pickups are duncans from an edwards

It sounds great, the mini hums are going into an Edwards les Paul which will look like this....

Rotten, and pictures of the back of your deluxe? I love tobacco burst and was wondering if they treat the neck and back of the body the same.
    The back of the neck on my LP is not correct because it had a repair done to it years ago. It wasn;t a very good job either.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

Posting mine now that I have a few. My sister had a LP just lying in my dads basement. Not my favorite colour but I'll take it!!!

I had my heart set on a LP and I tested a ES339 out and LOVED the sound. Now I have both hah.

I may get a true gibson LP one day in black, for now I may just alter this one to have different pickups than the one in the 339.

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    [B]Jesus, this keep changing the names on these studios. VM, then faded, now satin?

You might also want to look into the 50's, 60's, and 70's tribute models.
    That's partly why I asked the question. I've never owned a Gibson, let alone played one. So I was very confused on the nomenclature and which LP models are what.

Anyway, thanks guys. Great info!

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Anyone pick up Rocksmith 2014 yet? It's a big improvement over the last game. Lots of tuning variations though, so multiple guitars come in handy.

Any interested in trades for a mint Jackson DK2M? Awesome guitar, but I just haven't bonded with it. I don't use a trem and I prefer chunkier necks, so I'm thinking it might not have been the wisest purchase.

Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

I've been playing Rocksmith 2014 with my bass buddy. It's been a pain to drag my PC to the TV when he comes over but its worked out.

Waaaaaaaaay better than the old one. It doesn't let you cheat bar chords anymore Stupid game lol.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Yeah I'm thinking about picking up a cheap bass just to play that part of the game.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Any learners here tried Rock Prodigy? Unlike Rocksmith and any other guitar games, this one actually teaches you how to play guitar. I bought all 4 courses for 70 bucks when they had the special. Went through the first course pretty quick, now I'm on course 2. It gets progressively harder and harder as you learn new things but you don't feel like you got thrown under the bus.

Page 110 of 119 FirstFirst ... 100 109 110 111 ... LastLast