Quantcast
Need more guitar discussion - Page 42 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 42 of 119 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Need more guitar discussion

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Guys, can you recommend some popular songs, that aren't too hard to play that aren't composed of powerchords? lol... i've only been playing punk and i think its time i branch out. Thanks.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Come Out and Play by the Offspring has some power chord & some nice twiddling bits in it

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by b_t
    Come Out and Play by the Offspring has some power chord & some nice twiddling bits in it
    I can already play that one lol. Anything thats all other chords?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”

Muse

My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Originally posted by Seanith

I can already play that one lol. Anything thats all other chords?
    Might as well kick it up a few notches. The Trooper by Iron Maiden. Do it up!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

That's still mostly power chords (minus the solo bits). Bark at the Moon, Crazy Train has some neat chords.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by b_t

Might as well kick it up a few notches. The Trooper by Iron Maiden. Do it up!
    Haha there's no way mang

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I never thought I could play the Trooper. Now I can play the retarded fast live versions. Practice! Practice! Practice!!! You gotta play hard shit that u can't play to get better.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Try Walk Don't Run by the Ventures. It's a really nice E based barre chord progression and a lot of fun to play. And it's awesome practice for barre chords as well.

Get a Haircut by George Thorogood is really good as well, nice G-C-D blues progression. Good practice for switching around.

Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

new guitar in progress like this one...

mine will be similar to this, it is a cross between a telecaster deluxe and a jazzmaster. this one is basically just an offset telecaster custom, mine will have...

-jazzmaster neck pickup
    -telecaster bridge pickup with bigsby bridge plate
    -modified mustang bridge
    -1970 jaguar trem
    -maple neck with black binding, black block inlays, and a colour matched headstock
    -paint will be olympic white, slightly aged hopefully, and an red tort pickguard.

my inspiration...

cbs era styles y0

not sure if i'll go warmoth for the neck, or fretworks, but i'll probably go with a profile similar to my sg classic, massive as hell.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

^cool cat man

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

not my cat, lol

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Got a question, I'm going on a trip to Florida and I kinda want to bring my bass guitar with me so I can jam with my bro.

Should I bring my bass on a softcase or a hardcase?

I kinda gearing toward bringing a softcase so I can back pack the thing but just worried it may get damaged by baggage handlers.

Thoughts?

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

I'd say hardcase...

My Ride
    1977 CB550

I work at westjet, and I'm going to tell you right now to bring a hardcase. I wouldn't bring a $100 guitar in a softcase on a flight.

Loosen all the strings before you fly as well.

My Ride
    '15 GTI

bought an ibanez s320 today...beginning to understand the hype...chances are seymour duncans are going in it

My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Just picked up another guitar. Figured I would give Ibanez another shot and managed to be bag a REALLY rare 7 string baritone, 2077XL, on eBay for about half their normal going price.
    One thing I don't get is why on a guitar was $1500ish new, it still has the really, really, really shitty Ibanez brand pickups in it. These things are complete garbage.

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Ok so probably a silly question, a baritone guitar is different because it has extra frets and a longer scale length, making it somewhere between a bass and a regular guitar?
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
    Ok so probably a silly question, a baritone guitar is different because it has extra frets and a longer scale length, making it somewhere between a bass and a regular guitar?
    not necessarily extra frets, but it is longer, and usually tuned to C instead of E.

so.. i usually never post on beyond, but then i came across this thread. we have this reward site at work we can order stuff off of and i chose to get a guitar, acoustic. i finally received it today, high in anticipation and realized, i no nothing about music! or guitars for that matter. can someone guide where to start? a DIY website or a youtube subscription would be nice. its frustrating not knowing how to do anything, but then u realize, guitars are fucking cool.
    thanks

Page 42 of 119 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast