Quantcast
The Gallery Of Fine Cars... Worst Experience Ever... - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: The Gallery Of Fine Cars... Worst Experience Ever...

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    I don't understand how someone can take pulsation brakes as ABS.
    I once watched a person pour fuel injector cleaner into the oil filler of their MB 500 series.

I read how a person locked themselves in their car and call 911 because they couldn't open the drivers door from the inside (didnt try any other ones).

Once you realize how DUMB, the average level of intelligence really is, none of this surprises you anymore.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by revelations

I once watched a person pour fuel injector cleaner into the oil filler of their MB 500 series.

I read how a person locked themselves in their car and call 911 because they couldn't open the drivers door from the inside (didnt try any other ones).

Once you realize how DUMB, the average level of intelligence really is, none of this surprises you anymore.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    M3P

They're back as "Exteme Auto and Truck Sales"

Same type of slimy advertising

Originally posted by hurrdurr

Can anyone confirm this? Websites seem to have a similar build (probably just a generic template) but there are google reviews from 3 years ago (although a lot are within the last 2 weeks) . Different location as well. BBB say Xtreme has been in business for 7 years

http://www.xtremeautosales.ca/

https://www.bbb.org/calgary/business...lgary-ab-76386

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

When you're in the fly by night, disposable business name kind of shady practices... wouldn't you keep a couple shelf companies on standby?

My Ride
    bus

Yup, looks like a name change. Same locations listed on the website.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by redblack
    Yup, looks like a name change. Same locations listed on the website.
    Xtreme is on Meridian Rd, GOFC isn't there. I don't think these are the same place.

My Ride
    E93 335is, F32 435xi, '16 Denali 1500

Gallery of fine cars is now xtreme I drive by the south store off 42nd daily sign changed pretty much over night, 17th ave se location is empty with most signs down now tho.

My Ride

Originally posted by JohnnyHockey

Uhhhh isn't House of Cars and Goc owned by the same group of salesbros/dbags?
    Nope, Justin Klee originally was gallery. Him and the current sleaze bag split now he is solely house of cars.

Originally posted by italianstylez

Nope, Justin Klee originally was gallery. Him and the current sleaze bag split now he is solely house of cars.
    Shiiitttt. Justin Klee from GoFC is now HOC...shiiiittt. Guess that's another place to stay away from. Thanks for the info, didn't know this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Gallery of fine cars is now xtreme I drive by the south store off 42nd daily sign changed pretty much over night, 17th ave se location is empty with most signs down now tho.

Ok something isn't adding up here.....

xtreme has been on meridian road for a while.

Could it be that Xtreme just bought the 42 GOFC location as they could get it at a steal? Have you been in? Is Adriano still there?

From what I can find the owner of Xtreme has no connection to Adriano (could be wrong thoug).

Just don't want people to start dragging another company's name through the mud without proper research.

Edit: after more searching I'm now 99% sure that it's not the same guys......
    Last edited by J-hop; 01-11-2017 at 07:52 AM.

My Ride

Originally posted by J-hop

Ok something isn't adding up here.....

xtreme has been on meridian road for a while.

Could it be that Xtreme just bought the 42 GOFC location as they could get it at a steal? Have you been in? Is Adriano still there?

From what I can find the owner of Xtreme has no connection to Adriano (could be wrong thoug).

Just don't want people to start dragging another company's name through the mud without proper research.
    Very well possible, but with these small dealers you never really know, they could be unofficially connected, or yes as you said they could have bought it,
    I haven't gone in so i couldn't say for sure.

I am sure one way or another it'll come out if they're operating under a different name or whatever.

My Ride

Originally posted by BokCh0y

Shiiitttt. Justin Klee from GoFC is now HOC...shiiiittt. Guess that's another place to stay away from. Thanks for the info, didn't know this.
    I used to work beside house of cars, from what I saw they were fine, and my experience was good.
    I was handed a car proof report upon viewing the car that was fresh within a day or 2, finance etc was all simple and reasonable (5.29%), upon delivery we noticed a DRL bulb was out so they quickly ran out and got a bulb and changed it.
    We had the vehicle for over a year with no issues at all aside from a common issue with the model so i can't say anything bad about them or the vehicle/service.
    This was the Macleod location, as with all of these used dealers I'd just say do your diligence, my experience was fine there vs gallery and Barlow motors.

Very well possible, but with these small dealers you never really know, they could be unofficially connected, or yes as you said they could have bought it,
    I haven't gone in so i couldn't say for sure.

I am sure one way or another it'll come out if they're operating under a different name or whatever.
    Yea I bet they'll reopen under a different name at some point. But I'm now 99.999% Xtreme is not connected to GOFC. All the information I can find suggests they aren't connected and Xtreme has been in operation for a while. While Adriano has fallen off the social media map the owner of Xtreme is very open on social media so he definitely isn't looking to hide like Adriano is.

My guess is that Adriano is settling with people and to cover the settlements he's had to sell the second location. When it's all over I bet the original location will reopen under a different name.
    Last edited by J-hop; 01-11-2017 at 08:20 AM.

My Ride
    M3P

They are selling the exact same cars in the exact same format with a different name.

I was scoping out an X1 there that miraculously sold the day i went in to see it.

It was listed for sale for 2 months after as GOFC and now as Xreme Auto Sales.

The verbiage in their ads, the format and their inventory is exactly the same.

On the ads they list their location as

1305 33rd Street N.E. Calgary, AB T2A5P1

On a google search that is the same address ad GOFC.

Perhaps they purchased the inventory from GOFC? Seems a bit sketchy
    Last edited by hurrdurr; 01-11-2017 at 01:53 PM.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I thought Gallery had changed when I saw Extreme pop up.

I've been searching for a new vehicle and Gallery had a Kijiji ad for a 2014 A5 Technik with 108,000 km's.

Now that same ad is under Extreme.

So because they have the same type of advertising you figure its the same place?

I'm all for shaming a shady place but to go and accuse another place of something you're not 100% sure of is just as slimy imo

They are selling the exact same cars in the exact same format with a different name.

I was scoping out an X1 there that miraculously sold the day i went in to see it.

It was listed for sale for 2 months after as GOFC and now as Xreme Auto Sales.

The verbiage in their ads, the format and their inventory is exactly the same.

On the ads they list their location as

1305 33rd Street N.E. Calgary, AB T2A5P1

On a google search that is the same address ad GOFC.

Perhaps they purchased the inventory from GOFC? Seems a bit sketchy

It could however be that in order to pay off settlements GOFC had to sell its inventory to Xtreme. I highly doubt GOFC actually owned the building so the only thing they had of value to sell would be vehicles. So I'm not surprised about the change of hands.

Both sites are somewhat similar but I think it's because they are both using a generic template and/or the same web designer did both sites. So that doesn't surprise me either. As for wording of the adverts, compare any two used car sales ads for the same/similar vehicle and they'll be xtremely similar.

Xtreme has been around for quite a while in direct competition to GOFC and owned by someone else so I don't think that GOFC switched the name.

My Ride
    M3P

I'm not sure J-Hop, the wording of the ads is literally the exact same save for the new name.

The address and overlays on photos etc are all the exact same.

I don't know what's going on here but given that these vehicles were originally from the GOFC I would be very weary about purchasing here.

I wonder if you go in to Extreme to see a specific vehicle if it would mysteriously be sold just that day. (like the one I went to see that was sold just before I got there that is now being advertised by Extreme Auto Sales)

My Ride
    M3P

Originally posted by Rocket1k78

So because they have the same type of advertising you figure its the same place?

I'm all for shaming a shady place but to go and accuse another place of something you're not 100% sure of is just as slimy imo
    Have you read anything else that I've said?

Extreme Auto Sales is selling a car that I went to go see in October at the Gallery of Fine Cars that I was told was sold when I went to see it. (I emailed that morning and was told it was available)

I even emailed again (from a different email) in November upon seeing the ad placed (daily) to see if it was available and I was told that it was.

As i mentioned in a previous post
    Perhaps they purchased the inventory from GOFC?
    It still altogether feels sketchy that they're relisting vehicles that GOFC was listing that were indeed NOT available for purchase.

I'll be the first to admit if I am wrong. I am not in the business of besmirching a businesses good name

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast