Quantcast
The Gallery Of Fine Cars... Worst Experience Ever... - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gallery Of Fine Cars... Worst Experience Ever...

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by Rocket1k78
    This is the problem with society now, leave your common sense at the door and then when everything fails just run to the news.

Gotta love the line where they say to start the finance to find out more about the vehicle history lol Fuck these guys are shady.
    You have missed what's what its about. Its about dealerships with continually bad business practices not being governed at all by AMVIC (Minister of Service Alberta), which is of course funded by the dealerships such as House of Cars.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

I heard this story in the AM on CBC Eyeopener. This is sad news to hear that this guys are still in business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by BokCh0y
    I heard this story in the AM on CBC Eyeopener. This is sad news to hear that this guys are still in business.
    It doesn't matter. If not GoFC, it will be someone else or some other names. There is nothing illegal about buyer doesn't do their homework and think a salesman's word is worth anything. At least new car dealers has manufacturer constraints to keep most customer happy. Used car dealers will continue to operate like this.

My Ride
    14 fit, 11 Ridgeline, 12 outlander

The reason gallery of fine crap is still in business is because of people just like this guy, to naive or uneducated to know better just sees a vehicle with some cool wheels and probably a sound system for a great price and they are all "shut up and take my money" sadly allowing these garbage cars to keep getting sold by con men at GoFC. Sidenote: Every time I see a GoFC sticker on the back of a car i wonder what horror stories lie in its history.
    Originally posted by Unknown303
    Everything makes me upset.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    Nonsense. You've all got slanty eyes, play Starcraft, speak Chinese and eat nothing but sushi and ginger beef.

DON'T TRY AND CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE

My Ride
    1.8GHZ of V-TECH

Originally posted by Xtrema

It doesn't matter. If not GoFC, it will be someone else or some other names. There is nothing illegal about buyer doesn't do their homework and think a salesman's word is worth anything. At least new car dealers has manufacturer constraints to keep most customer happy. Used car dealers will continue to operate like this.
    I worked in the used car dept for a Toyota dealership and also worked a mud lot similar to Gallery (mudlot/dirtlot is what some people refer to as dealers that aren't a franchise).

Both places required us to show the CarProof and also get the customer to sign off on the physical copy of the CarProof and date it. I also got the customer to initial by the damage records in the event there was any.

My Ride
    '05 Saabaru 9-2X

Note to self: I should start a shady used car dealership and sell to the millennials who knows nothing about cars.
    The real ticket is in overpriced repair financing.

Hmmm, so shady. I am still trying to figure out how these clowns got my information when I was purchasing a truck last summer. I received a random text from someone that works for GFC saying that they received my online application and that I was approved. I only gave my info to a local dealership that is not affiliated with them or so they said. When I spoke to GFC, they insisted that I did an online application, I told them that I know about their reputation and would never do business with them, but they would not tell me how they got my info.

My Ride
    1.8GHZ of V-TECH

Originally posted by Clever
    Hmmm, so shady. I am still trying to figure out how these clowns got my information when I was purchasing a truck last summer. I received a random text from someone that works for GFC saying that they received my online application and that I was approved. I only gave my info to a local dealership that is not affiliated with them or so they said. When I spoke to GFC, they insisted that I did an online application, I told them that I know about their reputation and would never do business with them, but they would not tell me how they got my info.
    Gallery may do financing for other smaller dealerships. newer dealerships that aren't established won't have many lenders, so places like gallery will do their financing for them

My Ride
    bus

Suckers are born every minute and these types of dealerships thrive on them.

Originally posted by NRGie

Gallery may do financing for other smaller dealerships. newer dealerships that aren't established won't have many lenders, so places like gallery will do their financing for them
    I was dealing with a well established Chrysler dealership. I even brought it to their attention and they said they made inquiries with GFC but nothing really came out of it.

My Ride
    1.8GHZ of V-TECH

Originally posted by Clever

I was dealing with a well established Chrysler dealership. I even brought it to their attention and they said they made inquiries with GFC but nothing really came out of it.
    Sales guy you were dealing with could have passed your number on to a buddy at Gallery to follow up with you, and he could get a referral? It's weird though how they got your info

Originally posted by NRGie

Sales guy you were dealing with could have passed your number on to a buddy at Gallery to follow up with you, and he could get a referral? It's weird though how they got your info
    I thought that as well, however everyone I dealt with at the dealership knew me by my nickname, but when I received the text from GFC they addressed me by my real name, which I only used for signing documents.Seems like they somehow had access to my credit application.

Originally posted by Neil4Speed

You have missed what's what its about. Its about dealerships with continually bad business practices not being governed at all by AMVIC (Minister of Service Alberta), which is of course funded by the dealerships such as House of Cars.
    I totally agree they're a shitty business and need to be shut down but when a but when a buyer is that naive you cant put all the blame on the dealer. He signed the paperwork acknowledging the vehicle report so he has no right to go back and say otherwise.

There is nothing illegal about buyer doesn't do their homework and think a salesman's word is worth anything.
    Exactly, yeah gofc is shady as fuck but the moron buyer is just as much to blame on this. Even my wife knows any joe blow can do a vehicle search and this guy thinks only dealers have that access?! Carfax/car proof are so heavily marketed you'd have to be living under a rock to not know about it.

Delete, didn't read!
    Last edited by J-hop; 11-08-2016 at 04:29 PM.

My Ride
    bus

Originally posted by redblack
    The reviews say it all

http://www.dealerrater.ca/dealer/The...-review-43186/

lol, I love how fake the 5/5 reviews look.

Very interesting that not a single person rated it "ok". They essentially couldn't put in any fake reviews that were mid range reviews because their average was abysmal so they had to go 5/5 on all their fake reviews...

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by J-hop

lol, I love how fake the 5/5 reviews look.

Very interesting that not a single person rated it "ok". They essentially couldn't put in any fake reviews that were mid range reviews because their average was abysmal so they had to go 5/5 on all their fake reviews...
    That site need to display a curve instead of average much like Amazon.

My Ride
    '04 Civic, '07 Element SC

I feel bad for the guy. Can't believe they dupe people over and over.
    Scum of the earth these sales people. People need to eat, I get it. But they're just shady.

are they the same owners as House of cars?

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

They are selling a lot of cars that are almost write offs so you can understand how lucrative the used car business is as they are buying these salvaged cars for next to nothing and selling them at market value.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast