Quantcast
Ebay question: should i be worried? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ebay question: should i be worried?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Default Ebay question: should i be worried?

****UPDATE!!!Still no Ipod as of the 16th....should i be sweating this yet?****
    Sorry bout this guys, but all of the other items i have bought in the past, i never had to wait this long, nor have i ever seen a relisted item with the same exact problem before like this. I am starting to sweat this now.

***Original story following***
    So I bought an IPOD off of ebay, Link to ipod

paid for it, and the day after I paid for it i see this from the same seller the other IPOD

Was a little worried, but he told me it shipped june 21. Sent him an email yesterday, and this was the email :
    Hi, I purchased an Ipod from you, not received as of july 4th. Was
    wondering if you could provide a tracking number for me. this is the
    3rd request for a tracking number of some sort of confirmation that
    this has been shipped.

your earliest responce to this email is greatly appreciated

this was his responce:
    Hello, I sent your item out a while ago and it was returned to me. It said that you had an "undeliverable" address. I double checked that I had the correct address from ebay and I did. So, I went to the post office to ask what the deal was. They said that it was probably marked undeliverable simply because I did not write Canada at the bottom. I thought that words like "Calgary, AB" with an odd zip code like "T3B2R1" would be a no-brainer to which country it's going to. Obviously not. I recieved this returned package on July 3rd, post office was closed on the 4th, so I resent your item today. The 5th of July. The postmaster asured me that it was labeled correctly. I sent this item through the US Parcel Service, which does not give a tracking number but they do insure the package. I've insured your iPod for the full amount you paid for it. You should recieve it within a week. Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patients.

In this situation, should I be worried, and contacting paypal and my credit card company? or should I wait this out a bit more?

Thanks guys,
    Chris
    Last edited by spikerS; 07-16-2007 at 06:57 PM.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

That sounds like a pretty legit expl. to me but I guess it's hard to say for sure. I'd give it till the end of next week for sure.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

if he sent it USPS, I would wait 3 weeks before doing anything.

My Ride
    04 Acura TL

ask for a scanned copy of the shipping receipt. Otherwise just wait.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

B.S US postal does give confrimation numbers. When I ordered my phone off Ebay guy sent it via US post the tracking number he gave me for http://www.usps.com/ worked on http://www.canadapost.ca/segment-e.asp I seriously doubt this guy. Start looking into a refund.

My Ride
    04 Acura TL

It likely depends on the type of shipping just like canada post. For something as small as an Ipod, you could almost get away with a letter package.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

He has a feedback score of 49 @ 100% which indicates that he has completed 49 transactions without any complaints. I would definitely give him the benefit of the doubt given his feedback score and explanation.

My Ride
    This and that.

If he is a legit seller then u shouldn't be worried. How is his feedbacks and stuff? I am sure you aren't shopping on the ebay for the first time, so surely you know how to look out for the frauds.
    EDIT: From teh above post, seems like a legit seller to me as well.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

his feedback is fine at 49 and 100%, but what worries me, is the description between the 2 items is pretty much identical, and the second one sold for more. it seems like he re-listed the same item....
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Sounds like an honest mistake. Give him some time to make it right, if he doesn't, initiate a charge back from your CC co. asap.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

My Ride
    2014 Tundra 1794 + 2016 X1

Originally posted by spikers
    his feedback is fine at 49 and 100%, but what worries me, is the description between the 2 items is pretty much identical, and the second one sold for more. it seems like he re-listed the same item....

He likely has more then one of the same item, no need to take picutres of the same item over and over. Ebayers do it all the time.

My Ride
    Memories...

The good news is that you paid paypal. If you don't get it in a few weeks contact them. They have a great system that would get you your money back.

But it sounds like a legit reason and people often have a few of the same items they are selling. According to his feedback he mostly sells ipods.

My Ride
    03EP3, 97 Laredo, Soon GEE TERTY FIVE

yeah dont worry about this dude, but for next time tell him to give you a discount

My Ride
    11 STI

i wouldnt worry bout it, he seems on the ball

HABS...road to 25

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by spikers
    Hey may simply be a wholesaler who is selling more than one iPod...

Yeah dont frett at all. He sounds legit. with a 100% positive feedback, its a pretty safe transaction. USPS doesn't give tracking no's on regular delivery. You'll get it, dont worry. Many sellers sell multiple items so he just uses the same standard webpage to list each sale.
    I've been using Ebay for a few years now...I have better success rate on ebay than the average store I deal with here in Calgary in person!!

My Ride
    Nissan Hardbody

Ok i would be kind of carefull with this seller!

the same thing happend to me accept I bout 4 12" JL audio subs that cost alot more than that ipod!

I emailed him sevral times and he kept telling me that he had sent it and it got returned to him and to confirm my adress! by doing this hes hoping that you will wait for more than 60 days and then ebay will not help out recovering your money!

The guy that did it to me had me going for about 70 days and then I was fucked casue ebay wouldn't do anything!

then when i went to email the guy he was no longer a registered user on ebay! and I am out a bunch of money.

I emailed ebay and everything and its a long process to even try to get my money back! i have contacted police and internet fraud agenceys and its just a mega pain in the ass!

I am not saying that this is the same thing, but it just sounded familair and I wanted to say something!

My Ride
    TLX

Originally posted by 1990nismo
    Ok i would be kind of carefull with this seller!

the same thing happend to me accept I bout 4 12" JL audio subs that cost alot more than that ipod!

I emailed him sevral times and he kept telling me that he had sent it and it got returned to him and to confirm my adress! by doing this hes hoping that you will wait for more than 60 days and then ebay will not help out recovering your money!

The guy that did it to me had me going for about 70 days and then I was fucked casue ebay wouldn't do anything!

then when i went to email the guy he was no longer a registered user on ebay! and I am out a bunch of money.

I emailed ebay and everything and its a long process to even try to get my money back! i have contacted police and internet fraud agenceys and its just a mega pain in the ass!

I am not saying that this is the same thing, but it just sounded familair and I wanted to say something!
    What was that seller's feedback like though? The feedback system is a very good thing to go by. The seller for that IPOD has been an ebay member since December 2005, wouldn't make much sense for him to screw that up over a few hundred dollars on something small like an IPOD.

And then again, you have those scammers on ebay who make a new account, buy really small items to get their feedback up and then screw people over on big items.

Originally posted by 1990nismo
    ... accept I bout 4 12" JL audio subs ..

...sevral times ....casue ebay......agenceys
    Graduate of Evelyn Wood's Sped Reddin' course????

Sorry Nismo..just bustin yer balls.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast