Quantcast
Hockey and Monster Trucks??? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Hockey and Monster Trucks???

Default Hockey and Monster Trucks???

So last night I take my youngest to the biggest "mullets and monster truck" gathering at Race City.
    Quite entertaining ppl watching, I might add.

So imagine my shock when right in front of me sits This Guy (<- linky) and all his family, wife and 5 kids.

No one here recognizes him at all and I'm still not sure. So finally I sit beside him and say "Excuse me, dont mean to bother you but are you Barry?"

Long pause and a bit of a smile "...yes I am"

"I THOUGHT it was you!! lol...what are you doing up here?"

He is visiting his sister and up for the Stampede. We chatted about all the FA signings this month. He's lost all his major players (Vokoun, Kariya, Forsberg etc) and says his player salary is now down to 23 million.

I mentioned the Flames signing Nolan and he just says..."nah...that guy's done..no longer a force. All those big name FA's are past thier prime"

I guess he's going to start rebuilding with younger guys.

He was nice, I welcomed him to Calgary and wished him a good vacation. I mentioned golf and beer drinking and he says "Im more of a wine drinker myself"... Oh...la te da!! lol.
    So it was quite a surprise to see him sitting amongst all the mullet-wearing rednecks of southern Alberta at a monster truck show! lol

Last edited by Maddog55; 07-08-2007 at 01:53 PM.

cool shit
    2001 celica pro mod project, in progress
    87 fox hatch,[email protected] skating, stock 5.0 shortblock,91 co-op pump gas, 11 lbs boost

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Good eye, there's no way I would have recognized him!

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
    Good eye, there's no way I would have recognized him!
    My Dad was unbelievable at spotting celebrities in real life. You'd be surprised at how hard it is, if they're not surrounded by a bunch of autograph seekers.

Living downtown Vancouver I've run into many celebs..and most times ppl didn't recognize them.
    (Steven Tyler & Joe Perry buying wine at Granville Island, Claude Van Damme, Lindsay Wagner, James Woods, Kurt Russel/Goldie Hawn, Ahhhrnold...although everyone recognized him, AC/DC...they walked into a hot stripper club and asked for a table up front...bouncer scoffed and said "good luck"..until he said "uhh..we're AC/DC".....OH right away Mr Young!! LOL.

The minute I saw Barry I said "wow that looks like Nashvilles Coach" but thought I was probably mistaken. He lives in Nashville for pete's sake! and home town is Winnepeg. And I'm not the type to ask for autographs..never have. A good family friend of ours is a famous guitarist (Gordon Lightfoot's main guitarist for 15 yrs) and he HATES it when ppl recognize him. He often denies who he is. So I've never liked bringing attention to to celebs when I see them.

Im more into just saying hello and quietly shaking thier hand. Even last night, I was discreet so even after chatting and shaking his hand, no one knew who I was talking to.

yeah, that is cool

my last experience was seeing the president of Estonia :P

it's not something big, but , still , that was cool
    http://www.hot.ee/ford1967

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by Maddog55

My Dad was unbelievable at spotting celebrities in real life. You'd be surprised at how hard it is, if they're not surrounded by a bunch of autograph seekers.
    LOL, no kidding. When I was in high school I worked at sport chek for a bit and sold some winter coats to Lanny Mcdonald for his sons. I was talking to Lanny and his wife for about 40 mins while the kids were checking out jackets. Then they went to the checkout to pay and some other guys came up to me and said "Dude, is that Lanny Mcdonald?" Then I realised it was, he had the mustache and everything.

Only celebs I've met or sighted have been hockey players, only two that I recognized on my own was Theo and Vincent Lecavalier, Vincent is surprisingly HUGE. I thought he was a skinny pussy until I met him.