Quantcast
Microsoft Plagued with Xbox 360 Failures - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Microsoft Plagued with Xbox 360 Failures

My Ride
    I like. :)

Default Microsoft Plagued with Xbox 360 Failures

Here's a thread that doesn't kiss and lick Microsoft's ass with regards to them extending their warranty: MS is extending the standard warranty on Xbox 360s because they sold hundreds of thousands probably millions of faulty, low-quality, "unacceptable" Xbox 360 units.

Xbox 360 users call it the "red ring of death" - a crippling hardware malfunction signaled by three flashing lights on the front of the video-game console.

Microsoft Corp. acknowledged Thursday that the problem had reached "unacceptable" levels and announced a solution that requires it to experience some financial pain of its own - a charge of more than $1 billion.

Microsoft declined to say how many consoles have experienced the problem. Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices Division, said the majority of Xbox 360 owners haven't been affected.

Based on the cost of the game console, analysts said the size of the charge implies that hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of Xbox 360s might be prone to the problem.
    "Unacceptable" is right. They might give you a 'new' unit or repairs but WTF? Maybe in a year or two they admit this 'new' unit and these repair parts are faulty as well. These are smart MIT boys, I'm pretty sure they knew about this from the start but in order to capture people's $$$ they waited until they were firmly rooted in millions of people's homes with 10-20 games already bought.

"I'm glad we're getting this behind us and out of the way," said Peter Moore, who heads Microsoft's video-game business as its Interactive Entertainment corporate vice president.
    Wow, spoken like a true corporate, 11 to 4, Mon-Thurs, white-collar, country-club, ignorant suit who drives an AMG V12: Bury the past, rob us blind, and leave nothing behind.

Applaud MS for 'acknowledging' this? I'll give MS a cookie and punch it out their ass. Do we applaud car manufacturers when they admit errors and conduct recalls/repairs? MS is even less trust worthy.

I'm thinking "class-action lawsuit"...

Articles:
    Game over: $1B Xbox 360 hardware error, Xbox 360 warranty extended

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

WTF are you talking about? You want to sue microsoft for extending their warranty because they admited that there was a problem? I don't get why you're so angry.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by rage2
    I don't get why you're so angry.
    Ring of death as avatar, and non stop complaining about busted 360s. I believe he probably busted a few.

My 1st one lasted 30mins but 2nd one has been good for years since.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-09-2007 at 08:40 AM.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

WOW you need to get out more

not really sure how they made a ton of money of all of us when they make almost nothing on hardware sales and now are spending a billion on fixing it up. Shit happens, let it go, go outside or something

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

let us know when you develop a better console treg?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

haha I have 3 xbox360's, all are fine. Hell they're literally on 24/7 too. I'm too lazy to turn it off cuz I have to enter "Hyperspeed" again in Guitar Hero lol!
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    TLX

haha I have 3 xbox360's, all are fine. Hell they're literally on 24/7 too. I'm too lazy to turn it off cuz I have to enter "Hyperspeed" again in Guitar Hero lol!
    3 360s

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Ya, they great HD media centers. Plus nothing like rocking out to Bark at the Moon while getting head in bed.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

So its bad that MS acknowledged the problem and did something about it....

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by ZEDGE
    So its bad that MS acknowledged the problem and did something about it....
    For Sony fanboys... YES!

My Ride
    Grimace

Yah, I dont understand the hate. Microsoft is manning up to the problem as this is the second time they have extended warrenties. They are trying to fix the problems and make the consumer happy. I have had mine almost since launch with no problems ever so I am fine with that.

My Ride
    03EP3, 97 Laredo, Soon GEE TERTY FIVE

Ya, they great HD media centers. Plus nothing like rocking out to Bark at the Moon while getting head in bed.
    fuckin guy