Quantcast
Chinese making knock off buns! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese making knock off buns!

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Default Chinese making knock off buns!

Hahaha, is there anything we don't do to make a dishonest buck?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070712/...6QR_OKRjYDW7oF

Beijing steamed buns include cardboard

BEIJING - Chopped cardboard, softened with an industrial chemical and flavored with fatty pork and powdered seasoning, is a main ingredient in batches of steamed buns sold in one Beijing neighborhood, state television said.

The report, aired late Wednesday on China Central Television, highlights the country's problems with food safety despite government efforts to improve the situation.

Countless small, often illegally run operations exist across China and make money cutting corners by using inexpensive ingredients or unsavory substitutes. They are almost impossible to regulate.

State TV's undercover investigation features the shirtless, shorts-clad maker of the buns, called baozi, explaining the contents of the product sold in Beijing's sprawling Chaoyang district.

Baozi are a common snack in China, with an outer skin made from wheat or rice flour and and a filling of sliced pork. Cooked by steaming in immense bamboo baskets, they are similar to but usually much bigger than the dumplings found on dim sum menus familiar to many Americans.

The hidden camera follows the man, whose face is not shown, into a ramshackle building where steamers are filled with the fluffy white buns, traditionally stuffed with minced pork.

The surroundings are filthy, with water puddles and piles of old furniture and cardboard on the ground.

"What's in the recipe?" the reporter asks. "Six to four," the man says.

"You mean 60 percent cardboard? What is the other 40 percent?" asks the reporter. "Fatty meat," the man replies.

The bun maker and his assistants then give a demonstration on how the product is made.

Squares of cardboard picked from the ground are first soaked to a pulp in a plastic basin of caustic soda — a chemical base commonly used in manufacturing paper and soap — then chopped into tiny morsels with a cleaver. Fatty pork and powdered seasoning are stirred in.

Soon, steaming servings of the buns appear on the screen. The reporter takes a bite.

"This baozi filling is kind of tough. Not much taste," he says. "Can other people taste the difference?"

"Most people can't. It fools the average person," the maker says. "I don't eat them myself."

The police eventually showed up and shut down the operation.

That reporter is dedicated to his job! Saw the whole thing from start to finish including the cardboard off the floor into the chemicals and he still took a bite!
    ---

^Where did you see the video?

Originally posted by Impreza
    ^Where did you see the video?
    I didn't. I just read the article.
    ---

Godamn that makes me sick. They are really taking it to the next level to save some cash aren't they.

I'd say executing the owners is in order.

Originally posted by nos_efx
    I agree, and thankfully there isn't a whole lotta red tape between the owner's head and a bullet over there in China.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

What next, start making fake chinese people?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

They have fake marlboros in China made mostly from cardboard and old newspapers dipped in tar or some shit . It's pretty fucked up.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    w163

I dont know why but....

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

We already have fake chinese people. They act like your friends, but as soon as your back is turned, they show their true colours. You can usually spot them pretty easily because they're often referred to as gold digging bitches

My Ride

Originally posted by kenny
    That reporter is dedicated to his job! Saw the whole thing from start to finish including the cardboard off the floor into the chemicals and he still took a bite!
    LOL he sure is, cause if I saw something like that I wouldn't touch it even if they paid me to do it

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by nos_efx
    Godamn that makes me sick. They are really taking it to the next level to save some cash aren't they.

That'd be genocide of a billion people. A lot of mainlanders are in the business of making knockoff stuff. I've heard about knockoff mainlander table salt before too.

My Ride
    V167

I don't know shit all about Chinese people and/or how the Chinese rate each other (ie: by locale/caste/occupation)....but I do know that I can expect a post from GTS Jeff with the term "mainlander/mainlanders" in any thread regarding Chinese people.

Haha yeah what's with all the hate on the mainlanders, Jeff... I turned out ok!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    We already have fake chinese people. They act like your friends, but as soon as your back is turned, they show their true colours. You can usually spot them pretty easily because they're often referred to as gold digging bitches
    !!!
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    This and that.

hahahah that's taking duplication to a whole other level! damn

Originally posted by nismodrifter
    I don't know shit all about Chinese people and/or how the Chinese rate each other (ie: by locale/caste/occupation)....but I do know that I can expect a post from GTS Jeff with the term "mainlander/mainlanders" in any thread regarding Chinese people.

mainlander = china

honger = hong kong

2 different countries even though we are under chinas order, we like to think we're not...soo dont get us mixed up!!! HAHAHA

mainlanders make the shit and sell the shit, us hongers just sell it =P...its not our fault! HAHA

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

no you have it all wrong, its the white kids running around with stunna shades and suicide bangs, with pants that are too tight and all the same diesel t-shirts on.

jeez get it right.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by snowboard
    no you have it all wrong, its the white kids running around with stunna shades and suicide bangs, with pants that are too tight and all the same diesel t-shirts on.
    You mean Redlyne_mr2?

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

Originally posted by rage2

You mean Redlyne_mr2?

hahaha
    cussssss, i dunno im not in with beyond crowd.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast