Quantcast
XBOX Elite Information - Help - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: XBOX Elite Information - Help

Default XBOX Elite Information - Help

Hey,

So its about time for me to sack up and get a 360. I figure for the extra 50 bucks, I might as well get the Elite. I know all about the elite, but I am having some trouble finding info regarding availability. I know they've been released, but what is the current status? They seem to be sold out everywhere, has Microsoft released any information regarding further shipments or expected releases, or were these simply a limited run? Any info anyone can provide would be much appreciated, Im a tad of a noob when it comes to gaming info.

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

as of now, they are sold out.. much like the wii situation in the past
    you're just gonna have to wait a bit for them, thats all

but when they FIRST got shipped to the stores, most places had them for a good 2 weeks.
    the toys r us I worked at had 8 of them for a good solid 2 weeks before people found out about em.

My Ride
    LCI E90 :-)

make sure to grab that extender warranty...

Originally posted by mekeni
    make sure to grab that extender warranty...
    are you being sarcastic? cause microsoft extended their warranties for 3 years.

My Ride
    LCI E90 :-)

Originally posted by BigDannyCool

I didn't know that.. good for the consumers.

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

Originally posted by BigDannyCool

speaking of that, is that warranty only applicable to those who buy their xbox's after that was announced or does it apply to those to bought their xbox's... say... 1 month before it was announced?

cause when I got mine about a month ago, it crapped out the first time I booted it up and I just got a new one... hoping for the best on this one.

Originally posted by riced
    as of now, they are sold out.. much like the wii situation in the past
    you're just gonna have to wait a bit for them, thats all

but when they FIRST got shipped to the stores, most places had them for a good 2 weeks.
    the toys r us I worked at had 8 of them for a good solid 2 weeks before people found out about em.
    Is there huge back log for them, meaning will there be a shipment in the next month, or is it gonna be quite a while?

Furthermore, I had intended to get the extended warranty through FS (normally I would NEVER do this, but Ive seen it work for my friends a number of times when their 360's died), but since Micro extended warranties for 3 years, is it still necessary? What does the standard Microsoft warranty cover, and how is replacement handled?

Don't bother with an extended warranty. Microsoft's warranty covers hardware failure for 3 years from date of purchase. It is really good too, they send you a box and you send your xbox in, dont pay a dime for shipping or anything.

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

well I'm not sure what the release date was for it, but its been about a good month and a half to two months and the toys r us I work at STILL doesn't have em. I'm not sure how long the wait is.

The futureshop warranty is a good idea and something to think about... if something happens to your xbox and they can't fix it, they give you a NEW one.

compared to xbox's warranty, they send you a box you send it in completely for free, and they try to repair it... however if they can't repair it, you get a refurbished system which is not the greatest thing in the world. You get a working system, but refurbished.

So, FS's warranty may be something to keep in mind especially if the refurbished system thing gets to you.

A word of advice from personal experience... Don't buy the system somewhere where return's aren't accepted on systems.
    EB games is a prime example, I had the 360 for the first day, it crapped out and I wanted a refund just cause I didn't wanna deal with another 360. They don't allow it, only exchanges. As well, EB games warranty is similar to Microsoft's, if they cannot fix it, you get a refurbished system.

I just thought I'd let you know on the refund situation in case you get into a situation where you WANT a refund. Wal-mart for example is a good place because they give 30 days, pretty much no questions asked refund.

hope that helps

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Buy it at Costco if possible, warranty there is the best. Heard FS warranty sucks as they just ship it for you to MS to get fixed and not a new one on the stop. And as someone asked about 3 year warranty, if you bought yours long ago, ur still covered from date of purchase until 3 years later

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I already made a post looking for Elites. It looks like Canada hasn't got any since the original shipment and it appears we may not have any until the fall.

Originally posted by riced
    well I'm not sure what the release date was for it, but its been about a good month and a half to two months and the toys r us I work at STILL doesn't have em. I'm not sure how long the wait is.

The futureshop warranty is a good idea and something to think about... if something happens to your xbox and they can't fix it, they give you a NEW one.

compared to xbox's warranty, they send you a box you send it in completely for free, and they try to repair it... however if they can't repair it, you get a refurbished system which is not the greatest thing in the world. You get a working system, but refurbished.

So, FS's warranty may be something to keep in mind especially if the refurbished system thing gets to you.

A word of advice from personal experience... Don't buy the system somewhere where return's aren't accepted on systems.
    EB games is a prime example, I had the 360 for the first day, it crapped out and I wanted a refund just cause I didn't wanna deal with another 360. They don't allow it, only exchanges. As well, EB games warranty is similar to Microsoft's, if they cannot fix it, you get a refurbished system.

I just thought I'd let you know on the refund situation in case you get into a situation where you WANT a refund. Wal-mart for example is a good place because they give 30 days, pretty much no questions asked refund.

hope that helps
    You are a complete moron, i dont know where you got your info from, but wow just wow.

Nobody should ever buy a FS warr - all they do is ship it for you, as if their workers are authorized and trained to handle 360 hardware repairs If you are willing to pay for FS warr you minus well give that money to a bum off the street and get him to ship it for you since FS wont give a damn anymore than a bum would.

I dont know how many times this has to be repeated, you send a unit into MS you will get a refurb one back every single time. That is how their repair cycle works - yours goes in, goes in the line for repair and to cut down times and speed up the process they just send you one that has been sent in earlier from another customer and already repaired.

EG games warr is the best - over the counter for a brand new one. Why would EBG repair yours? But then again you were stupid enough to believe FS fixes them too
    Last edited by copynpaste; 07-13-2007 at 02:21 PM.

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

Originally posted by copynpaste
    You are a complete moron, i dont know where you got your info from, but wow just wow.

Nobody should ever buy a FS warr - all they do is ship it for you, as if their workers are authorized and trained to handle 360 hardware repairs If you are willing to pay for FS warr you minus well give that money to a bum off the street and get him to ship it for you since FS wont give a damn anymore than a bum would.

I dont know how many times this has to be repeated, you send a unit into MS you will get a refurb one back every single time. That is how their repair cycle works - yours goes in, goes in the line for repair and to cut down times and speed up the process they just send you one that has been sent in earlier from another customer and already repaired.

EG games warr is the best - over the counter for a brand new one. Why would EBG repair yours? But then again you were stupid enough to believe FS fixes them too
    name calling ALREADY? haha wow some of the people here make this place look like garbage.

futureshop warranty is expensive, but in no way is it useless. I bought my old school iPod way back when they were huge and bought a 3 year warranty, up until last year it broke and I brought it in with the receipt, they tried to fix it and couldn't and gave me a nano with no questions asked.

Even if they did ship it for you to MS and they can't fix it.. futureshop supplies the new one for you. In the end, you get a new system.

As for Eb game's warranty, I'd like you to please confirm that with any employee working there. I was there when my 360 broke the first day I bought it 3 weeks ago and wanted a refund, as previously stated, if you buy their warranty, they "claim" to try and fix it, whether they ship it to MS or not is unknown to me, I'll admit it... HOWEVER, they clearly state, if they (or microsoft) can't fix it.. you get a refurbished one in the end. No where, no way, and no how do you ever get a new one from EB games, I guarantee it.

Do you know your facts or are you just in here trying to be smart because of what you heard? I've been to both futureshop and EB games and had experience with BOTH their warranties. As I've said, it's best to think about what you want in the long run, FS's warranty is by no means cheap, but if you are buying a product that has a HIGH known failure rate, and they are willing to give you a new one if they can't fix it, then in my opinion and many others, it is worth it.. which is why warranties are still being sold by FS....

My Ride
    2010 Mazda 3

For Canada, Microsoft doesn't bother trying to repair your 360. As soon as they receive yours, they just send you another one that works (whether it's brand new or not, I don't know). It literally only takes 2 weeks for the functional one to arrive.

No need to waste money on a Future Shop warranty when the turn-around from Microsoft is so quick and easy (imo) - bonus now that it's extended to 3 years.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by riced

name calling ALREADY? haha wow some of the people here make this place look like garbage.

futureshop warranty is expensive, but in no way is it useless. I bought my old school iPod way back when they were huge and bought a 3 year warranty, up until last year it broke and I brought it in with the receipt, they tried to fix it and couldn't and gave me a nano with no questions asked.

Even if they did ship it for you to MS and they can't fix it.. futureshop supplies the new one for you. In the end, you get a new system.

As for Eb game's warranty, I'd like you to please confirm that with any employee working there. I was there when my 360 broke the first day I bought it 3 weeks ago and wanted a refund, as previously stated, if you buy their warranty, they "claim" to try and fix it, whether they ship it to MS or not is unknown to me, I'll admit it... HOWEVER, they clearly state, if they (or microsoft) can't fix it.. you get a refurbished one in the end. No where, no way, and no how do you ever get a new one from EB games, I guarantee it.

Do you know your facts or are you just in here trying to be smart because of what you heard? I've been to both futureshop and EB games and had experience with BOTH their warranties. As I've said, it's best to think about what you want in the long run, FS's warranty is by no means cheap, but if you are buying a product that has a HIGH known failure rate, and they are willing to give you a new one if they can't fix it, then in my opinion and many others, it is worth it.. which is why warranties are still being sold by FS....
    [/QUOTE

I have no idea why im even replying, trying to get a point across to you is like talkin to a tree stump since you seem to have the intelligence of one.

FS doesnt touch 360 repairs - so what if they did with your nano, they arent the same thing! Besides you have to bring it in 3 times before they hand you over a new one. Who wants to go through all that? FS has a bad rep for their warranties and for very good reasons.

Ill let you save yourself some face and have you just call an EBG up directly and ask about their warranty. I have their warranty and have replaced it twice - with them opening up a brand new system in front of my eyes and handing me a brand new system over the counter. Maybe the clerk just didnt like you, maybe you smelt like fish, who knows. Or maybe he was doing was I was trying to do, and get a simple point across your thick skull only to realize you have the intelligence of a turnip.

Please child, stop embarassing yourself youre just making yourself look more and more like a fool.
    Last edited by copynpaste; 07-14-2007 at 04:05 PM.

yup .. whats the point in paying FS for warranty to ship your console .. FS doesn't try to fix the console themselves

also .. some elites available right now .. http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/Pr...roduct=5818006

Well I had a nice chat with a guy at FS, very helpfull. He told me that no FS in western Canada has recieved Elites since the original shipment. They are expecting some soon, but he said it could be a week, could be a month or two.

So I decided fuck it, Ill just get the pro, they had a special on at the time anyways. As for the warranty, he informed me that the first 3 months (I think, I could be wrong), is everything, system + accessories, but after that it is just system for the first year. Then, the new extended 3 year warranty is only for the 3 red lights, in which the system goes in the shitter. The 3 year does not include disc read errors etc.

I asked the guy straight up if it was him, would he bother buying the FS warranty, and he said no, because all they do is send it in for you, and as long as you respect your system, typically the only major problem you could encounter is the 3 red lights, which is covered for the 3 years any how. I trust his judgement as FS sales people recieve 10-12% commission on the warranty or PSP (Product Service Plan), so it was very honest of him to advise me against it (I worked at FS for 2 weeks, thats how I know).

End of story, I bought the pro, 2 controllers, and play and charge kit, super happy, and I love FORZA 2! Please see this thread if you are PC savvy and provide me with further assistance!
    http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...hreadid=183523

My Ride
    1996 VW Jetta GL

Default .

I went to Country Hills futureshop after they told me that there was none left, but interestingly enough, I found one left sitting there. The girl and a couple guys that told me there wasnt any looked pretty surprised at me walking up with it. LOL

And then they tried to toss warranty on me even after I tossed at them the 3 year xbox warranty yadda yadda...he tried to save his warranty sale with..."oh but...oh but...if u have problems with the controllers etc we will....we will" lol

gotta love the effort though!

Originally posted by De Dutch
    Well I had a nice chat with a guy at FS, very helpfull. He told me that no FS in western Canada has recieved Elites since the original shipment. They are expecting some soon, but he said it could be a week, could be a month or two.

So I decided fuck it, Ill just get the pro, they had a special on at the time anyways. As for the warranty, he informed me that the first 3 months (I think, I could be wrong), is everything, system + accessories, but after that it is just system for the first year. Then, the new extended 3 year warranty is only for the 3 red lights, in which the system goes in the shitter. The 3 year does not include disc read errors etc.

I asked the guy straight up if it was him, would he bother buying the FS warranty, and he said no, because all they do is send it in for you, and as long as you respect your system, typically the only major problem you could encounter is the 3 red lights, which is covered for the 3 years any how. I trust his judgement as FS sales people recieve 10-12% commission on the warranty or PSP (Product Service Plan), so it was very honest of him to advise me against it (I worked at FS for 2 weeks, thats how I know).

End of story, I bought the pro, 2 controllers, and play and charge kit, super happy, and I love FORZA 2! Please see this thread if you are PC savvy and provide me with further assistance!
    http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...hreadid=183523
    I'd keep an eye for a price drop on the 360.

yup ... might be on august 1st .. if that is the case .. you could prolly get the difference back