Quantcast
FS: Class D Amp, Dual 10" subs, and capacitor - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: FS: Class D Amp, Dual 10" subs, and capacitor

My Ride
    EM1

Default FS: Class D Amp, Dual 10" subs, and capacitor

Posting for a friend, selling as a whole, not willing to part anything out unless the price is right.

Hard hitting system, never tested but probably clears 140 - 150 dB. Package includes amp, subs, box, capacitor, and variable bass control.

The subs have about 1 and a half years warranty on them from Future Shop, the cap has just under 3 year manufacturer warranty left on it, and the amp has no warranty on it any more.

Everything works great and sounds awesome, it was in his car for 8 months and sat in his garage for the rest of the time.

I vouch for this fucking loud system, asking price is $1200 obo

MTX TC8001 Amplifier Class D - 800 Watts RMS

MTX MXS 10" x 2 Subwoofers 400 Watts RMS each, 800 watts total

Stinger SCSK1 Capacitor - 1 Farad, looks like a NOS tank

Last edited by xLostx; 07-24-2007 at 08:05 PM.

My Ride
    EF ZC-T, EK-T, Blazer, EF

How much for just the amp?

My Ride
    EM1

pm'd
    Last edited by xLostx; 07-16-2007 at 08:30 PM.

My Ride
    92 Civic-t, 01 VW Golf TDI

Default Re: FS: Class D Amp, Dual 10" subs, and capacitor

Hard hitting system, never tested but probably clears 140 - 150 dB. Package includes amp, subs, box, capacitor, and variable bass control.
    Sorry to hate but theres no way with 800 watts you clears 140-150 dbs. Check out the 2 strokers for sale one 18" at 1500 watts does 96 dbs. 10"+10"+800watts=140-150 dbs+?.... haha
    Last edited by forced_eg; 07-20-2007 at 04:46 PM.

^^^ what have you been smokin?

My Ride
    EM1

Default Re: Re: FS: Class D Amp, Dual 10" subs, and capacitor

Originally posted by forced_eg

Sorry to hate but theres no way with 800 watts you clears 140-150 dbs. Check out the 2 strokers for sale one 18" at 1500 watts does 96 dbs. 10"+10"+800watts=140-150 dbs+?.... haha
    I couldn't find the thread you're talking about but are those strokers rated at 1500 watts peak or rms? Cause these are rated at 400 watts rms each the peak on them is 1200 watts each...10"+10"+1200 watts+1200watts= 2400 peak, better known as 800watts rms. And as earlier posted it was never tested but was an approximation from a friend who has a lot of experience with car audio.

My Ride
    92 Civic-t, 01 VW Golf TDI

Default Re: Re: Re: FS: Class D Amp, Dual 10" subs, and capacitor

Don't be confused by "peak power" and "RMS power" ratings. Simply put, RMS wattage ratings are a measure of continuous power — while different manufacturers will use somewhat different methods to come up with these figures, it's usually a more "real-life" rating of your equipment's capabilities. Peak power, on the other hand, doesn't try to reflect realistic operation. It's simply a measure of how much power can be generated or handled for very short bursts.

SO, you say it is a hard hittin system but never tested? Correct?
    Yet you claim that it can probably clear 140-150 db right?
    How can u clear 140 dbs with 800 watts, then you state:
    Cause these are rated at 400 watts rms each the peak on them is 1200 watts each...10"+10"+1200 watts+1200watts= 2400 peak, better known as 800watts rms.
    WRONG

2400/800=3 , so you would need 3 of your amps to reach the peak of those subs... And Then maybe you will get 140-150 bd out of them but you won't get that out of them with your 800 watt amp you will only reach 1/3rd of your peak power so what is that like 50 dbs? It's only simple math son...

Originally posted by rahim
    ^^^ what have you been smokin?
    No, I don't have any crack for you to smoke... Get a job!

I couldn't find the thread you're talking about but are those strokers rated at 1500 watts peak or rms?
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/182985/fs...on-misc-audio/
    1500 rms watts but the peak of the sub is 2400 watts eachor so Cerwin-Vega says and people have tested them at 1800 watts it producing 150 dbs.

And as earlier posted it was never tested but was an approximation from a friend who has a lot of experience with car audio.
    Where does he work? Future shop??? hehe. Doesn't he know the difference between rms and peak? glad I didn't buy subs off him.... Anyways good luck with the sale.
    Do your homework before you sell falsely advertised items.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: FS: Class D Amp, Dual 10" subs, and capacitor

but you won't get that out of them with your 800 watt amp you will only reach 1/3rd of your peak power so what is that like 50 dbs? It's only simple math son...
    you need to go back to school, normal talking will usually clear 50db, most stock stereos will go over 110 db, and it would take some serious skill to put 1500 watts to a stroker and only get 96db

My Ride
    EM1

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: FS: Class D Amp, Dual 10" subs, and capacitor

Don't be confused by "peak power" and "RMS power" ratings. Simply put, RMS wattage ratings are a measure of continuous power — while different manufacturers will use somewhat different methods to come up with these figures, it's usually a more "real-life" rating of your equipment's capabilities. Peak power, on the other hand, doesn't try to reflect realistic operation. It's simply a measure of how much power can be generated or handled for very short bursts.
    WHAT!??! really???? do you think I'm fucking retarded? when i bust out words like peak power and RMS, I actually know what they mean dumb ass. The first post made, stated only info about RMS, not peak power because I didn't want anyone to get confused.

SO, you say it is a hard hittin system but never tested? Correct?
    Yet you claim that it can probably clear 140-150 db right?
    How can u clear 140 dbs with 800 watts, then you state:

WRONG

2400/800=3 , so you would need 3 of your amps to reach the peak of those subs... And Then maybe you will get 140-150 bd out of them but you won't get that out of them with your 800 watt amp you will only reach 1/3rd of your peak power so what is that like 50 dbs? It's only simple math son...
    ... 800 watts(RMS) = 2400 watts Peak power ... you are dumb

Maybe you should read this over, if it's not too complicated for you.

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products...ers/TC8001.cfm

Where does he work? Future shop??? hehe. Doesn't he know the difference between rms and peak? glad I didn't buy subs off him.... Anyways good luck with the sale.
    Do your homework before you sell falsely advertised items.
    I'm not selling falsely advertised items, everything I posted is correct, you sir are a dumb ass, gtfo out of my thread until you have some real knowledge

my my. lets not talk about comparing those subs to a stroker because they aren't even in the same ball park.

what we should do is bump! for this guy so he can get his stuff sold.

BUMP!
    Wherever you go there you are

My Ride
    04 Acura TL

dude...you can buy all this new for 1200.

decibels work on a log scale...check out here so you can learn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decibel

50db is slightly louder than talking..likely a light yell..

you are NOT making 140-150 db...this kinda of level is reserved for much larger stereos working in semi-purpose built vehicles..I would recommend not making assumptions.

for a persective...140db is the sound of a jet engine from 100' away.

My Ride
    EM1

Originally posted by JGerke
    dude...you can buy all this new for 1200.
    you cannot buy this stuff for 1200 brand new... the amp is just under $800, the subs are both $300, the box was close to 200 i think, dont remember, and the cap is close to 300. that doesn't equal 1200, that looks a little more like 1900. plus the extended warranty on the subs means you can basically blow them and get brand new ones anyways.