Quantcast
I need to gain weight - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to gain weight

Default I need to gain weight

Yes i do need to gain weight im almost 18 and im about 6'2" 135 and im way to skinny. I one need to gain weight and hopefully muscle mass somewhere in there. My only problem is im really lazy and id have to get into a routine that i could stay commited to. Any suggestions like how many meals i should eat or time periods of eating or protein shakes or good weight gaining food will help me. Thanks.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Lazy is not an excuse. Eat EVERYTHING.

with your body type (Extreme Ectomorphic) you just need to focus on food and training but not over training. Eat eat eat.

People who thing they eat a lot eat like chicks lol. Log onto Fitday.com and fill in a typical week of food and go from there. Get 2x per pound of bodyweight Grams of protein. In your case 270G and depending on the Fitday numbers I'd say you might have to increase to 4500-5000Kcal a day.

www.t-nation.com - Amazing resource.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

damn your from the states it cant be hard at all to put on weight, all that deep fried shit...

and your large mc dicks is our super sized

ok thanks, one of my problems is sometimes i cant truly feel when im full or not. like my stomach and my mind juust dont work together when i eat its kinda weird. But im just gonna have to buckle down and eat more, im thinking bagles and peanut butter to help??...

My Ride

Originally posted by UniquE WhiP
    ok thanks, one of my problems is sometimes i cant truly feel when im full or not. like my stomach and my mind juust dont work together when i eat its kinda weird. But im just gonna have to buckle down and eat more, im thinking bagles and peanut butter to help??...
    Whole wheat pasta, LOTS of oats, Fruit/veggies All you can eat all the time (always have an apple or banana in hand), Eggs, Meats, fish. Eat as much cleanly as you can.

If this still doesn't work which is doubtfull if you eat enough, eat calorie dense foods like fastfood. Go get a Carl's JR double 6 dollar burger and CHUG IT.

EDIT: Don't eat fast food to REPLACE clean foods, only eat fast foods as a level breaker. Saturated and Trans fats are deadly for you. Drink a gallon of milk a day too.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

well if i was in philly i would just be eatting philly cheese steak sandwiches 4 or 5 times a day

and with peanut butter, and bagels it sounds good tons of protein and carbs

Eat and have a good weight training program. Don't be the skinny guy with a spare tire.

alright well i just got my wisdom teeth pulled so im loosing weight so hopefully once i can eat again i think this will all give me the drive to gain weight.

My Ride

Originally posted by UniquE WhiP
    alright well i just got my wisdom teeth pulled so im loosing weight so hopefully once i can eat again i think this will all give me the drive to gain weight.
    Lol, you buy a tub of weight gainer and drink whey shakes. You can get lots of calories while not eating solid food.

FYI, If you think a thread on the internet is going to Motivate you to gain weight, you don't want it for yourself. When you want it you will do it.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
    Eat and have a good weight training program. Don't be the skinny guy with a spare tire.

Represent!

My Ride
    Bicycle

Dang... 135lbs is a good weight for someone who's 5'5" -5'7".

^ yea and im 6'2"

My Ride
    07 civic!

135lb 5'7" is me, and i hate it! im starting to eat more, i have whey protein i drink it when i wake up and when i go to bed, i eat like 2000cals a day, in a week i gained close to 5 pounds ( now im 135 lol) good luck man im in the same boat... kinda

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by 240SX17
    135lb 5'7" is me, and i hate it! im starting to eat more, i have whey protein i drink it when i wake up and when i go to bed, i eat like 2000cals a day, in a week i gained close to 5 pounds ( now im 135 lol) good luck man im in the same boat... kinda
    Two years ago I was 6'2, 140, I ate a lot, started going to the gym and started eating healthier, not more calories, just real food instead of junk. I gained 25 pounds in about 4 months. You say you're lazy, and that might be true, but if you make the effort to go to the gym a couple days in a row, you could get addicted. There were days when I would go to the gym twice, and 8 or 9 times a week. Once you get into a routine you get more energy and you'll want to go to the gym more.

Get a membership or start doing push ups and bicep curls at home with chairs or buckets of paint or whatever you can find if you don't have weights.

A couple months ago I hit 180, now I'm back down to about 172 or so since school is out and I haven't been going to the gym as much and eating as much. I feel great, just hit the gym, you're tiny, you will make HUGE gains.

My Ride
    07 civic!

oh ya lol and i do push ups and bicep curls.. DRINK LOTS OF WATERRRR

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Darkane
    Eat EVERYTHING.
    Yes.
    Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
    Yes. Yes.
    oh ya lol and i do push ups and bicep curls..
    NO.

You want to do real exercises that punish your whole body hard. Working your tiny biceps and doing a few puny pushups won't do shit. Start with bench, deadlifts, and squats. Add in weighted dips, military press, and a variety of pullups. A hard 1hr workout with punishing compound movements will make you hungry for the next 48 hours. Feed yourself as much as you can and you'll be making good gains. If you're that deathly skinny, then you should make some really good n00b gains. You might not notice anything in the first month, but keep the shit up and you'll notice changes soon enough. With a body like that, it'll be tough to be 200+ lbs unless you have no life and devote every waking moment to bulking...but if you stay consistent with eating and working out, the gains will slowly come.

My Ride

Don't take whey at night unless you take it with Casein or another slow digesting protein. Whey is absorbed into the body to fast for a night time protein. Save the whey for pre and post workout and eat cottage cheeseor something like that before bed. Also man 2000kcals a day is nothing. You want to gain? At your size you could do 3500kcals a day with 250G protein or more. Try it for 6 weeks and see what happens.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Originally posted by GTS Jeff

Yes.

Yes. Yes.

NO.

You want to do real exercises that punish your whole body hard. Working your tiny biceps and doing a few puny pushups won't do shit. Start with bench, deadlifts, and squats. Add in weighted dips, military press, and a variety of pullups. A hard 1hr workout with punishing compound movements will make you hungry for the next 48 hours. Feed yourself as much as you can and you'll be making good gains. If you're that deathly skinny, then you should make some really good n00b gains. You might not notice anything in the first month, but keep the shit up and you'll notice changes soon enough. With a body like that, it'll be tough to be 200+ lbs unless you have no life and devote every waking moment to bulking...but if you stay consistent with eating and working out, the gains will slowly come.
    100% correct. Why would you train biceps for mass gain? Deads work 70-80% of TOTAL lean body mass.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Yeah, like Darkdane said.

I use a time release 8-10hr protein shake before bed to absorb and deal with it properly as I sleep and a regular whey for post workout and supplementation. There is also meal replacements with carbs and protein if you want to gain....

Do cardio too, of course.

My Ride
    a wrx.

And yeah, another thing about eating's importance. I've been slacking on eating properly for the past couple months (life has been busy) but I've still been going to the gym. My strength gains are still moving up just as fast, but my weight has stayed the same. It's kinda cool to be stronger than some way bigger people at the gym, but at the same time...it kinda sucks. So eat.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast