Quantcast
Electric razors..is there a difference? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Electric razors..is there a difference?

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Default Electric razors..is there a difference?

So its time to get an electric razor.. i hate the normal blade razor im using.. the blades last about a week and a half and i I had how long it takes to shave. What do I look for in an electric razor, whats the diff between a $50 razor and a $100 razor.. thanks
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Have you ever used an electric before? I hated using one cause it never got very close and irritated the skin. That being said I tried one of the Braun ones that cleaned itself after using it. They offer a 30 day trial so if you don't like it you send it back and they give you your money back. Keep in mind it will take a month or so for your skin to adjust.

My Ride
    GTI

Mine misses hairs all the time, it takes me 10 minutes with electric if I want to get every hair, some hairs seem impossible to catch.

My Ride
    MDX

Takes longer to shave, and it can give you a nasty rash.

My Ride
    stakes into the hearts of vampires

i hate electric razors. have tried 3 different brands now and every single one gave me a HUGE rash all across my neck and i dont think I'll ever try one again. Just use shick quatros, sooo much better

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by dropdat
    Just use shick quatros, sooo much better
    those are handle (the ones with the AAA batteries)

Works way better (smoother run, I think...) than electric razor IMO.

My Ride
    2012 GTI

i used the braun one, it was alright at first, the only good thing about it is that it cleans itself, it was good around my face, but chin down and around the neck was a bitch, missed spots and it would take several times to go over to get them

electric shaver = waste of money

im basicly with everyone else on this one. i get the rash and missed hairs and i was using some high end stuff. in the end i just went back to my fusion
    1995 Talon Esi - 1989 Lebarron - 1991 Mr2 Turbo - 1991 Accord - 2005 Corolla - 2005 R6 - 1993 Talon Tsi - 2013 Mustang Coupe - 1997 Grand Prix GTP

My Ride
    Grimace

yah, i got an electric, but have gone back to my fusion time after time. faster, better shave.

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

i agree with everyone ... electric razors miss hairs and its easy to get in grown hairs. I go with the fusion only now.

but check out ...
    www.shaveeverwhere.com

its a full body groomer. kinda pointless but super funny

FTW:

Merkur razor blade handle

Merkur Platinum Stainless blades

Last as long as a regular mach 345643 blade (times 2 for both sides of a blade being usable, and they cost 8$ for 10 blades

Everything else shaves like absolute SHIT in comparison (besides a straight razor, which is just scary haha) but you will need to pay attention to the direction your hair grows to avoid razor burn....once that is figured out, the uber expensive pussy blades are crap.

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    FTW:

Last as long as a regular mach 345643 blade (times 2 for both sides of a blade being usable, and they cost 8$ for 10 blades

Everything else shaves like absolute SHIT in comparison (besides a straight razor, which is just scary haha) but you will need to pay attention to the direction your hair grows to avoid razor burn....once that is figured out, the uber expensive pussy blades are crap.

My dad uses something similar to this. Once I was about to use something like this, and he told me not to, since he said they are harder to use and are more likely to cut your skin if you haven't used them before.

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by wintonyk
    i agree with everyone ... electric razors miss hairs and its easy to get in grown hairs. I go with the fusion only now.

but check out ...
    www.shaveeverwhere.com

its a full body groomer. kinda pointless but super funny
    That body groomer thing does look impressive, but I don't think it's meant for shaving the beard and stuff though?

My Ride
    sw20, E46 m3

lol watch the body groom history thing haha, so funny
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

I've tried all types of electric razors. I was on a trip and forgot it do I bought a cheaper Braun unit. It works great! No missed spots and no ripping of the flesh.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    FTW:

That thing just put the fear of god in me.. it looks freaky man
    Click here to check out my racing sim...

Originally posted by GQBalla
    tictactoe2004 you are scary

My Ride
    '98 Oldsmobile Intrigue

Braun foil shaver (5775). It works amazingly if I use it every day and I don't have a problem with missed hairs or burn. If I don't use it everday there are missed hairs but it's still useful since it shaves the thick stuff a lot quicker than a razor, then I just jump in the shower and use the razor on my neck and do a fast pass on my face.

Electric shaver + cheap Bic disposables ftw. Like this I can shave everyday or almost everyday with very little irritation plus the disposable lasts me a bit over a month

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

For me 'manual' shaves too close and I get ingrown hairs. Shaving with an electric every other day (braun) works perfect. Razor lasts about 8 - 10 years (more if you don't go camping or care about cordless) just have to change the headevery year or two. Trick is to shave every other day the hairs seem to be the perfect length for a quick easy shave.

Mine is about 10 years old so the actual model is different but it uses the same replacement head.
    Last edited by alloroc; 07-18-2007 at 08:09 PM.

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

haha the phillips body groom probably isn't meant for face at all but i had to throw it in cuz its soo funny

And electric razor may work if you have very fine and soft facial hair. Ill buy my son an electric when he hits puberty.

For thick coarse facial hair an electric is shit. I cant get a close shave with it, it misses hairs, pulls hairs, and just over all sucks. If i shave at 6am, Id have to shave again at lunch time if I was using an electric.

Get a good blade and youre good to go. Shaving is something a man has to do - accept it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast