Quantcast
LED Light bulbs? - Page 19 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast

Thread: LED Light bulbs?

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Anyone have any idea on how I can get a brighter bulb with an E12 base? Got a ceiling fan installed in the bedroom but it's only uses a single E12 bulb and the output sucks. It says 60W max, and all the bulbs are 60w equivalent but only use like 3-4W of power. If there any way to get like a 20W LED bulb, so it would provide a ton of light without passing the recommended wattage? Seems like most LED bulbs are for energy savings, I don't much care about that, I would much rather get the brightness.
    Last edited by eblend; 06-28-2015 at 06:17 PM.

I have noticed over the past month or so that the price of LED lighting is at or below the pricing of compact fluorescent and in some retailers like Home Depot, LED bulbs have pretty much become the standard as opposed to the very rapidly getting difficult to find compact fluorescent bulbs.

Even the variety of LED bulbs has been rapidly increasing - as such, we're probably at 25% of our home converted and as the old CFL's burn out, LED's go into their place. Very nice to have variety in bulb shapes as well, these 60W replacements (on the left in picture below) worked really well in some smaller wall mounted fixtures that we have.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

These are all 60W incandescent equivalent bulbs, 60W incandescent on the right, CFL second from right, the three on the left all LED..
    Last edited by speedog; 01-04-2016 at 04:19 PM.
    Will fuck off, again.

My favourite one now is the new cree 60w warm white 4flow. the lightest in weight, dimmable, best overal output in all directions and looks the same as a regular bulb. now i want them everywhere lol

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

4 years since I changed a lightbulb. I don't miss it at all.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

I would like to enjoy swapping out.. but I rent.. and on top of that my neighbors air compressor causes power surges in our place.

Originally posted by speedog
    I have noticed over the past month or so that the price of LED lighting is at or below the pricing of compact fluorescent and in some retailers like Home Depot, LED bulbs have pretty much become the standard as opposed to the very rapidly getting difficult to find compact fluorescent bulbs.
    Reno depot had a promo last month where you buy an led bulb for $10 and they gave you $10 back as store credit. I ended up with a little over $300 credit but have used over half on xmas lights already. The bulbs are now marked at $8 each so they raised the prices by $2 but either way its a smoking deal because i technically will be getting the bulbs for free.

Originally posted by rage2
    4 years since I changed a lightbulb. I don't miss it at all.
    4 years in, any pros or cons? Did you have to turn your heat up at all? Have you upgraded or changed out any of your original LED bulbs?

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

If anyone is looking for some GU10 light bulbs for pot lights, I picked up 14 bulbs from Dollarama completely by accident just last week. Installed them and they look great. Went from using 600W in my basement, to 72!

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by speedog
    4 years in, any pros or cons? Did you have to turn your heat up at all? Have you upgraded or changed out any of your original LED bulbs?
    Definitely had to turn up the heat. Very noticeable how much cooler the house was with lights on especially in bright areas such as kitchen. Only my Feit ones failed (about 20% failure rate the first year), haven't replaced any bulbs since.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

I've had my whole main floor (30 lights) on Philips PAR20 LED's for probably 3 years. Not a single failure so far.

We started converting to LEDs as bulbs burn out as well. I also converted some outdoor lights and select indoor bulbs to GE link and Philips hue LEDs as well so I can turn on and off the lights when we are out or on vacation via iphone. Basic home automation stuff has come way down and I really only wanted lights anyways.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Last edited by codetrap; 01-01-2017 at 10:40 AM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Philips > CREE

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

i had a couple philips fail recently, i cant remember when i installed them, i think it was shortly after this thread was created, recently i converted my whole house using Ikea bulbs, they had some on for $7 for a 2 pack, so i bought a couple dozen packs and replaced every bulb in my house except the few philips bulbs i already had. (i did have 1 ikea bulb DOA, and their returns process is painfully slow, sat around for an hour to get $7 back, really bullshit, if i had a complaint about ikea, that would be it)
    Last edited by Thaco; 01-06-2016 at 11:15 AM.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

What is the estimated savings per month by switching the average home over to LED? Someone once told me that it isn't very much and it isn't worth switching over other than the convenience of not changing bulbs.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by VWEvo
    What is the estimated savings per month by switching the average home over to LED? Someone once told me that it isn't very much and it isn't worth switching over other than the convenience of not changing bulbs.
    Depends. If you're on CFL already, the added ROI doesn't kick in til years later based on initial investment cost.
    Advantage over CFL is definitely instant-on and not temperature sensitive so good for outdoors.

http://greenlivingideas.com/2015/02/...-incandescent/
    Last edited by jwslam; 01-06-2016 at 11:38 AM.

Originally posted by VWEvo
    other than the convenience of not changing bulbs.
    This was my primary reason.

Power is too cheap in most of North America for it to make that much of a difference.

The other reason I switched over is because I like having more lights on when I am out of the house, so now I don't have to feel guilty burning ~100W of bulbs versus 1000W.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by sputnik
    This was my primary reason.

Power is too cheap in most of North America for it to make that much of a difference.

The other reason I switched over is because I like having more lights on when I am out of the house, so now I don't have to feel guilty burning ~100W of bulbs versus 1000W.
    Yea, if you're looking to switch to save $, you're doing it wrong.

Didn't realize the last point there, I used to care if I left lights on. Now I DGAF.

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Originally posted by JustinMCS
    My favourite one now is the new cree 60w warm white 4flow. the lightest in weight, dimmable, best overal output in all directions and looks the same as a regular bulb. now i want them everywhere lol
    i've been switching everything out to these as my lights die. they look great but yeah +1, I'm doing it so I don't have to do it again. changing some of the lights in this house are a huge pain in the ass.

got a LED dimmer bulb in the basement theater too that has been putting in good work, puts out a lot more light than the old bulb at max intensity. pricey but worth it.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Do I have any options in LED for a ceiling fan that is dimmable?

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast