Quantcast
LED Light bulbs? - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast

Thread: LED Light bulbs?

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 08:28 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Exploded.

Right, just like a 220V->110V transformer. My mistake.

Have any of you that converted the entire house to LED noticed a big difference on power consumption?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Not sure if this is a pricing error, $5.50 for Philips 60W equivalent LED.

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/105w...old-a19/822307
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by supe
    Try the Cree bulbs, I think they're superior. To me the light looks a bit better, the bulbs feel more substantial and they use less power.
    I know supe is pretty opinionated when it comes to his brands, but I decided to give the Cree's a try today to convert my new basement to LEDs.

They have 60W equivalent and 100W equivalent at Home Depot, in both Soft White (2700K) and Daylight (5000K). I did a light pattern and temperature comparison to the Philips and they were identical in terms of light pattern. I did find that the Cree's were slightly warmer than the Philips Soft Whites, both rated at 2700K. It's borderline TOO warm for the Crees. The Daylight 5000K version was dead on in both pattern and color.

I ended up returning a couple of the Cree's because 2700K was too warm, and 5000K was too cool for my tastes. Unfortunately, Cree does not make the 3000K Bright White bulbs. Only Philips has 'em (and not in A19 sizes only in PARXX sizes ), and that's what I ended up going with. Thankfully, the fixtures are hiding the odd shape, and diffusing the flood patterns nice and even. On the 2 bulb fixture where I couldn't get away with the floods, I went with a Cree 60W Daylight and a Philips 60W Soft White, and the combination resulted in the perfect color that I was after at around 4000 color temp. Now why can't people make an inbetween bulb color like that? haha

Anyways, the Cree's are great bulbs for the money, same priced as the Philips, so they're a good option if you want something even warmer than the Philips color temp. supe gets a point back in my books.

Anyone baller enough to try these guys yet?

$60 for a 60W equivalent bulbs, wifi connected, choose any color from 2000-6500K.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

Originally posted by rage2

Only Philips has 'em (and not in A19 sizes only in PARXX sizes ), and that's what I ended up going with.
    Hey Rage, they have them in A19 size but non dimmable. I have them in my office for the 3k bright white.

Edit: found it

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips-1...0240/203248902
    Last edited by BigDL; 08-03-2014 at 08:22 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Sweet thanks! Going to hoard them before they're gone!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

My Feits that I raved about early on in the thread are slowly dying. Terrible reliability but the color (I estimate at 3300K) is top notch. My dead soldiers:

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

Sweet thanks! Going to hoard them before they're gone!
    I have also seen them at London Drugs. Best part if you don't need them to dim they are a bit cheaper then the other bulbs.

Originally posted by BigDL

Hey Rage, they have them in A19 size but non dimmable. I have them in my office for the 3k bright white.

Edit: found it

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips-1...0240/203248902
    Not a fan of these. I have four and they don't provide omnidirectional light.

The Philips A-line ones are far better for light direction but they hum even on regular switches.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I don't mind the directional of the lighting, they sit in a fixture anyways and the lighting is diffused fairly evenly.

I got super horny over flood lights this weekend. Redid my kitchen, garage and my part of my office with PAR20 Philips. The garage looks like a showroom now, just need to paint the ugly walls and add some flooring. The cars looks so pretty under the new lights!

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

As I mentioned earlier, the 3000k PAR20 Philips Bright Whites are slightly warmer than the 3000k Feits. Still waiting on someone to make some ~3300k LEDs.

My Ride
    2009 Acura TSX tech

have you guys tried the new philips Slim light lights?
    advertising that they have 360 light distribution and look pretty snazzy as well.

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/led-...4-bulbs/864403

TIA

edit: sorry just read the other pages. has anyone tried these on non-dimmable switches, do they still hum?

Thanks again
    Last edited by Prelude_dude; 08-05-2014 at 11:44 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I have. They look good.

For anyone using these, how are they holding up for you?

I only have one but I wished I'd bought more. I was waiting for the price to drop but they seem to be no longer available.

The one I have is in a room that is infrequently used so its not a good test of its longevity.

Originally posted by Prelude_dude
    have you guys tried the new philips Slim light lights?
    advertising that they have 360 light distribution and look pretty snazzy as well.

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/led-...4-bulbs/864403

TIA

edit: sorry just read the other pages. has anyone tried these on non-dimmable switches, do they still hum?

Thanks again
    I have one, I'll try to check tonight if it hums on a regular switch.

Originally posted by Inzane

I only have one but I wished I'd bought more. I was waiting for the price to drop but they seem to be no longer available.

The one I have is in a room that is infrequently used so its not a good test of its longevity.
    I'm going to replace mine. The color temp totally screwed up a few weeks ago - it emits orange light now.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Inzane

I've got one broken one, but that's from dropping it onto concrete during basement renos, so it doesn't count. All the other ones in the house have been flawless.

These bulbs are discontinued now, and were replaced with these guys @ $14:

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/led-...t-white/828844

Those are being discontinued as well but stock shows they're still readily available, and they're being replaced with these guys @ $12:

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/led-...t-white/861191

The color is the same with all 3 bulbs. I actually had all 3 lit up this weekend during testing. I have mostly the first gen ones you posted in my house, with a handful of the 2nd gen $14 ones and 1 of the cheapest 3rd gen.

I really like the 2nd gen ones when used in an open fixture, such as storage rooms and walk in closets. Its the most aesthetically pleasing model.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Bought three of the FEIT Performance LED 15W PAR30 Natural Daylight bulbs (listed as 5000K) from Lowes yesterday to try out in my kitchen potlights. I have had Halogen Sylvania "daylight Plus" 75W Par30LN's (supposed to be 2950K) in there, which have a nice color, but aren't cheap, and just don't seem to last for me.

For sure, these are cooler than the already slightly cool color of the Halogens. My kitchen is all done in darker/warmer tones, so this might be a nice change.

The real test will be to see if my wife complains about them. They were not quite twice what I have been paying for the sylvanias, so if we like the look, I'm hopeful they will last well and I can stop changing them.

Also picked up a couple of the FEIT 9.5W 5000K bulbs as well for the couple of fixtures that never seem to be turned off.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Anyone baller enough to try these guys yet?

$60 for a 60W equivalent bulbs, wifi connected, choose any color from 2000-6500K.
    I got 5 of them. Positives are I like how they are on when I get home and wake up in the morning. And how I have them turn to a night color. Negative is that they aren't bright enough. Good for mood lighting but when I need to do work that requires a lot of light they don't cut it.

Here's CR's latest ratings:

I am very curious about the Samsung bulb.

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast