Quantcast
PS3 or XBOX 360? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 or XBOX 360?

My Ride
    Skyline Gts-t

Default PS3 or XBOX 360?

Now that the ps3 is cheaper, which one would you guys buy?
    Whats good about the 360 and whats good about the ps3?

360 = more games and xbox live

My Ride
    Bicycle

Poor showing for Xbox in this year's E3 kinda make me want to buy a PS3.

BTW , if you read any game news or this site, you'll know that the lower price is only until the 60GB stock runs out. Once it's gone, only expensive 80GB will be available. Still, I would wait for killer games to come out before jumping into a PS3.

Buying an 360 last year is a simple decision. Buying a console this year seems a bit harder as both system got exclusive contents and kick ass games.

i got a ps3 and i love it games arent an issue there are still some good ones and the ones to come are gonna be sick

id get a 360.
    just for forza 2 but then again theres gt5 for ps3. to bad i have a freaking wii haha.
    theres like no good games for that except super smash bros.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by GenerationX
    id get a 360.
    just for forza 2 but then again theres gt5 for ps3. to bad i have a freaking wii haha.
    theres like no good games for that except super smash bros.
    i don't think people realize that gt5 is not coming out until late 2008....

as for whoever said ms had poor showing at e3.....i don't know, but last time I checked, a FUCKTON of awesome games before the end of the year is pretty amazing to me. MS did not concentrate on 2008 as they showed you what they have now, Sony was all about what they will have in the future, so whats the point of buying a ps3 now

Also, with all the changes happening with the ps3, i don't know why anyone would want to buy one now at all. They are wokring on a new controller with rumble and all of that, and can't seem to make up their mind on what hdd space is going to be where, and canceling moddels left and right....yah no thanks

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by eblend

i don't think people realize that gt5 is not coming out until late 2008....

as for whoever said ms had poor showing at e3.....i don't know, but last time I checked, a FUCKTON of awesome games before the end of the year is pretty amazing to me. MS did not concentrate on 2008 as they showed you what they have now, Sony was all about what they will have in the future, so whats the point of buying a ps3 now

Also, with all the changes happening with the ps3, i don't know why anyone would want to buy one now at all. They are wokring on a new controller with rumble and all of that, and can't seem to make up their mind on what hdd space is going to be where, and canceling moddels left and right....yah no thanks
    Very true. MGS4 probably gonna use rumble, so wait for PS3 to update their package with rumble before buying one.

MS at E3 did show a bunch of games. But they did lose the PR battle this round. No ground breaking announcement like FFXIII/MGS4 coming to 360. Plus they just lost Peter Moore to EA.

http://gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=7252 ... ps3 is way behind .. good thing i have a 360 and a wii

As soon as GT5 comes out, PS3 is going to sell like hot cakes.

Too bad that isn't happening for another year haha.
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I have a 360, PS3 and a Wii.

I don't play the Wii.

I only play Forza 2 on the 360 cause all my other games freeze.

I only play Godfather on PS3 cause PS3 has no games.

I play CC3 online on my PC... hahahaha

Get a 360. No need for extended warranty as it comes with a 3 year warranty now. I am sure that Sony will follow suit.

I haven't had any problems with my PS3.

The HD-DVD drive on the 360 has trouble playing regular DVDs.

My Ride

360 is the only way to go for a couple reasons:

They're saying that this christmas will be record setting for software sales because of Halo 3, the new Grand Theft Auto and Madden 08. They have a shit load of other crazy titles cominging out before christmas and MGS4 is only sony exclusive for 2007, it's coming to 360 early 2008.

PS3 online is a joke compared to 360's live, you can also use your 360 as a media extender to watch all your stuff.. warranty has been bumped to 3 years now for red ring of death issues..

Check out some of these:

Click here to check out my racing sim...

Originally posted by GQBalla
    tictactoe2004 you are scary

My Ride
    2008 Honda Civic

Blockbuster signed exclusive rights to Blueray DVD rentals so keep that in mind. HD-DVD is gonna take a hit on that move, so if you watch a lot of movies (especially rentals) a PS3 would be the wiser choice in my opinion. As far as games go, I only have a Wii so I will let other speak from that perspective.

My Ride

Originally posted by eur0
    Blockbuster signed exclusive rights to Blueray DVD rentals so keep that in mind. HD-DVD is gonna take a hit on that move, so if you watch a lot of movies (especially rentals) a PS3 would be the wiser choice in my opinion. As far as games go, I only have a Wii so I will let other speak from that perspective.
    Blockbuster doesn't mean shit nowadays. It represents such a small number of actual people that it is insignificant. Alot of people have moved to online based retailers. I haven't been in BB for like 7 years, I am surpriced that place is still around

My Ride
    2008 Honda Civic

Originally posted by eblend

Blockbuster doesn't mean shit nowadays. It represents such a small number of actual people that it is insignificant. Alot of people have moved to online based retailers. I haven't been in BB for like 7 years, I am surpriced that place is still around
    Umm, Blockbuster is actively competing against Netflix and is creeping up on market share with their similar program. While they only have half the number of subscribers they are still slowing the growth of its competitors.

So I wouldn't exactly say that they are 'insignificant'. Not sure if they have the program in Canada yet but I'm sure it is coming.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...LINE000585.htm
    http://www.businessweek.com/investor...ndex_investing

My Ride

Originally posted by eur0

Umm, Blockbuster is actively competing against Netflix and is creeping up on market share with their similar program. While they only have half the number of subscribers they are still slowing the growth of its competitors.

So I wouldn't exactly say that they are 'insignificant'. Not sure if they have the program in Canada yet but I'm sure it is coming.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...LINE000585.htm
    http://www.businessweek.com/investor...ndex_investing
    I didn't look at those links yet, will a little later, but if Blockbuster is competing with Netflix, then the point is even more null, since Blockbuster said that they are still renting HDDVDs from their online outlet.

Besides....a game console should be about playing games...besides what Sony wants you to believe (in order to drive their proprietary shit on all of us)

My Ride
    Skyline Gts-t

haha wow
    i didnt expect this thread would have so much interest.
    in my mind the ps3 is worth buying because it does have a blue ray player and those go for quite a bit by themselves.
    i really want a 360 mainly cuz of forza 2 and guitar hero.
    thanks for your responses

My Ride
    E90 335i

has everyone forgotten about how epica halo 2 was and how epica halo 3 is going to be!

xbox 360 ftmfw, all though ps3 does get GT4 which is gonna be sick.

Originally posted by LUCKYSTRIKE
    has everyone forgotten about how epica halo 2 was and how epica halo 3 is going to be!

xbox 360 ftmfw, all though ps3 does get GT4 which is gonna be sick.
    GT5!!!!
    Was Halo 2 as good as Halo?
    Also, what's "epica"

yeah wtf is epica rofl.
    maybe he means epic?

My Ride
    Ev0

Don't forget the XBOX Live Marketplace. right now it's paltry in comparison to what's available for US residents but I remember reading somewhere awhile back that Canada is supposed to be getting access to TV shows and Movies over Live. Hopefully that pans out... Someone suggested just to create a US based Silver profile/account and it would work.

As far as games that PS3 offers over Xbox, I only wish for an F1 based game. I enjoy Forza alot, still I imagine GT5 will be awesome when it comes out and a part of me will want it, but Forza 2 will keep me occupied for some time to come and there's a TOCA game coming for 360 I think too. Can't wait to get back to Halo when 3 comes out too.

I think if you're a Sony PS fan then that's fine and those people have made up their minds but if you're on the fence I don't think it can be argued that the XBOX360 can simply do more things than the PS3 but then again you may never touch any of those additional functions... .02

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast