Quantcast
PS3 or XBOX 360? - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: PS3 or XBOX 360?

Originally posted by heavyD
    Actually all new 360's should have the new cooler running 65nm chips so hopefully all the problems are behind them. This thread has turned stupid. sony fanboys will defend their console to the death as evidenced by treg50. No use arguing with him. The games do the talking and the 360 owns the PS3 for the forseeable future.
    But it's the same argument with you, Mitsubishi fanboys will defend their car over the Subaru to the death...some people have good points sometimes though that are worth thinking about, like you did with the EVO > STi deal.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Default Re: Don't be fooled by 360 price drop ;)

Originally posted by treg50
    $1 billion in damages to Microsoft which equals a few MILLION defective Xbox360 consoles. Millions of poorly built consoles knowingly sold to customers --- all in the name of beating Sony to the market. Instead of rushing, Microsoft should have put it throught some qualty assurance testing first.
    It's a good strategy. I don't think any Japanese developer will jump on the 360 train if it wasn't for the extra 10M 360s on the market compare to PS3.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by arian_ma

But it's the same argument with you, Mitsubishi fanboys will defend their car over the Subaru to the death...some people have good points sometimes though that are worth thinking about, like you did with the EVO > STi deal.
    WTF are you talking about? I don't go on and on and I may prefer the EVO over the STI but I still like the STI and respect its capabilities. Unlike Subaru fanboys I don't go into every thread that is 'should I get this car or that car?' and say 'You should check out the Subaru XXX instead'. In fact I'm surprised no Subaru fans have yet mentioned in this thread that people looking for an Xbox 360 or PS3 should also check out the new Impreza.

I have a PS3 and like it but I use my 360 much more because of a better selection of games and the fact that mot games look and run better on the 360.

My Ride
    I like. :)

Actually all new 360's should have the new cooler running 65nm chips so hopefully all the problems are behind them. This thread has turned stupid. sony fanboys will defend their console to the death as evidenced by treg50. No use arguing with him. The games do the talking and the 360 owns the PS3 for the forseeable future.
    Was it my Neon comment?

"Defend it to death" you really have nothing better to say do you? You fail to point out the dozens of Xbox360 fanboys here (eblend, ZEDGE, etc.) who are bigger fanboys than I'll ever be (or want to be no offense) defending 360 to it's death (please see 360 ring of death). I'm barely a fan compared to these guys, lol.

This thread has "turned stupid" according to heavyD simply because of me? Because I stated some reasonable arguments and, more importantly, facts which make PS3 look good? You assume I'm a fanboy, based on me saying something good about PS3 once in a while? I'm supposedly a Sony fanboy yet... I like my old Xbox over PS2, DC over PS2, MacBookPros over VAIOs, Panasonic A/V over Sony A/V, you get the picture. Heaven, fore-fucking-bid I like PS3 over 360.

To believe the 360's in stores now "should" have the new 65 nm chip in them... so what are you saying, people should just roll the dice with Microsoft and hope their 360 doesn't shit itself? Hope Microsoft isn't lying to you and screwing over new customers. Wait a 6 months to a year to get a 360 with the 65 nm chip in it.

Charted has produced 90nm and the upcoming 65nm processors for the Xbox 360. Those on the fence about picking up an Xbox 360 might want to wait until 2009. Maybe they'll even stop crapping out all the time by then.
    Full article: New NEW Xbox 360 Chip Incoming!! Not Yet!!!

The 65's only at starting in late Q1/Q2 of this year and the 360 problem is international, meaning millions of 360's outside of Canada, let alone Alberta. Look forward to overheating 360's until 65 nm's trickle into Calgary or wait for the the 45 nm chip... in 2009.

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Hope Microsoft isn't lying to you and screwing over new customers.
    I just found this one comment really funny. Microsoft does the right thing by taking a multi-billion dollar hit to give customers support for the red ring problem, and it's still not good enough for you.

Sony hasn't lied at all to their customers. They're very up front about the fact that the PS3 will screw you over. They are very open, saying that you will be ripped off (price tag), you will not have anything to play, and that Sony is going backwards (software emulation).

The thing is, you can see quite clearly the directions MS and Sony are going. MS is adding features, dropping prices and increasing warrantees on their systems. Sony is dropping the price but not really, adding a useless amount of HD space, increasing the price and going backwards emulation-wise. Those are all facts.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

The 65's only at starting in late Q1/Q2 of this year and the 360 problem is international, meaning millions of 360's outside of Canada, let alone Alberta. Look forward to overheating 360's until 65 nm's trickle into Calgary or wait for the the 45 nm chip... in 2009.
    See you are wrong and this is why the thread went to shit. 65nm are in the new 360's with HDMI and Elites manufactured in July or later not Q1/Q2. 65nm chips didn't even come out in the Elites as this is just recent. They just started working on a 45nm chip after the 65nm chips because the smaller they get, the cheaper they are to produce as well as cooler running. If you have the old system and it craps out in a year Microsoft will send you a refurbished 360 most likely with the 65nm or even 45nm chip for free. I don't really see a problem in this as you are getting updated hardware for free. Buy a new 360 knowing that you are garenteed not to have to buy a new one in three years is a plus IMO. You only get one year with a PS3 then you are stuck having to pay out another $550 if it craps out later. 360 is a safer bet for consumers.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14186/...ium-Gets-HDMI/

You are coming off as juvenile with your misinformationt and over the top statements.

My Ride
    2010 Mazda 3

Already own a 360, and almost picked up a PS3 on impulse a couple of days ago. Then I realized I'd have to buy the component cables on top...

Out-of-the-box HD ftw!

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Was it my Neon comment?

"Defend it to death" you really have nothing better to say do you? You fail to point out the dozens of Xbox360 fanboys here (eblend, ZEDGE, etc.) who are bigger fanboys than I'll ever be (or want to be no offense) defending 360 to it's death (please see 360 ring of death). I'm barely a fan compared to these guys, lol.

This thread has "turned stupid" according to heavyD simply because of me? Because I stated some reasonable arguments and, more importantly, facts which make PS3 look good? You assume I'm a fanboy, based on me saying something good about PS3 once in a while? I'm supposedly a Sony fanboy yet... I like my old Xbox over PS2, DC over PS2, MacBookPros over VAIOs, Panasonic A/V over Sony A/V, you get the picture. Heaven, fore-fucking-bid I like PS3 over 360.

To believe the 360's in stores now "should" have the new 65 nm chip in them... so what are you saying, people should just roll the dice with Microsoft and hope their 360 doesn't shit itself? Hope Microsoft isn't lying to you and screwing over new customers. Wait a 6 months to a year to get a 360 with the 65 nm chip in it.

Full article: New NEW Xbox 360 Chip Incoming!! Not Yet!!!

Are you completely oblivious to the fact that MS has extended their warranty to 3 years to address the issues?? Not to mention this is apparently costing them a billion or so... wow.. what a shitty company...

Take off your Sony blinders for a second so you can breath.

My Ride

LOL about the EVO vs. WRX thing because it's so true.

http://...<br /> <br /> http://new...ium-Gets-HDMI/

You are coming off as juvenile with your misinformationt and over the top statements.
    Nice. The thread got juvenile the moment you posted. I like teamxbox but seriously, you're quoting from an Xbox FANBOY site? Did you expect an 360 fanboy site to tell you that 360 should have been QA'd for another year and built properly? Oh and thanks for the lesson but I know 65 is better than 90 and 45 is better than 65, why do you think i said wait for the 45's coming in 2009?

I said the 65's only started production in Q1/Q2. The 360's with the 65's only starting shipping in July. I was saying good luck in finding a store with only 65's in it because stores will continue selling off their stock of 360 units with the 90 chip. They aren't pulling the 90's off the shelf, they are still going to sell them off to people.

If you bothered to read my post --- which is a big problem with many Xbox360 fanboys, they're so blind with rage I guess they can't even see my post --- you would have noticed that quoted Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing. Chartered is the company that makes the chips for Microsoft, I didn't quote a biased fanboy site.

Chartered Semiconductor says:

Chia said the design of the 45nm video-game processor is not yet complete, and hinted that production of the CPU - as well as other products designed for the 45nm process - is not likely to begin until late 2008 or early 2009.

"As 65nm just started production in the last two quarters, you would expect 45nm to come on stream about 18 months from that timeframe," said Chia, referring to when Chartered expects to begin production with the 45nm processor.
    Let's see now: words from the chip maker? or from a fanboy site? Hmmm...

Don't take my word for it read it for your self (please, actually read it this time): http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=10265

games for ps3 are being delayed left and right .. strangelhold has been delayed with no new release date .. and blazing angels has now been delayed also

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by beecue
    games for ps3 are being delayed left and right .. strangelhold has been delayed with no new release date .. and blazing angels has now been delayed also
    GTA IV delayed as well because Rockstar has a clause with Sony that they won't release it first on other platforms.

Why would anyone want to deal with Sony? Rockstar has to miss the Christmas season because of hard to program hardware and limiting contract? BS. I want my GTA!

That said, Treg50, it's not hard to see you have a grudge. I think you want Billy Gates to suck your cock for apology? The only thing you can bitch about is the reliability of 360 but nothing else.

Sony definitely got better PR and fanboys because nobody seem to remember DRE: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news03/playstation.html that plague PS2 ever since it was out and Sony took the "not our fault" stance until settlement 2006.

What MS did is way classier than Sony ever did.

Fact: More exclusive titles are coming to 360 than PS3. Every other big titles are multi-platform.

Fact: Both Sony and MS are improving the console and cutting cost and leave old/new customer pissed off.

If you have a working 360 right now, there's no point to own the PS3 until summer 08 when people finally understand how to program the PS3.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 08-09-2007 at 10:45 PM.

^^ oh ic .. its 100% delayed cuz they couldn't finish it for ps3 .. i read a few weeks ago that gta was on schedule for 360 and 3 weeks behind for ps3

See you are wrong and this is why the thread went to shit. 65nm are in the new 360's with HDMI and Elites manufactured in July or later not Q1/Q2.
    The processors were manufactured in Q1/Q2, and began shipping in the 360 in early July.

Buy a new 360 knowing that you are garenteed not to have to buy a new one in three years is a plus IMO. You only get one year with a PS3 then you are stuck having to pay out another $550 if it craps out later. 360 is a safer bet for consumers.
    You are exactly who companies that offer really long warranties target. Slap on a really long warranty on a defective product while releasing a fixed version. The 3 year warranty gets all the buzz, but in reality most people wont even take advantage of the warranty as they will be buying a new console in 2 years time (let alone 3). By 2009 there will probably be a version with an integrated HD-DVD (or whatever is standard by then) drive and every xbox360 fanboy will want to upgrade to it.
    ---

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

my buddy bought a ps3 half a year ago.. i asked him yesterday what game he's currently playing? he says he just plays resistance now and then...

i asked another friend who got an x360 a few months ago, asked him? Guitar Hero2, Forza2, GOW, Rainbowsix vegas...

why buy a ps3, when there's no "GOOD" games out for it yet? Maybe once some of their better titles come out, I will consider it. But $600 for a bluray dvd player (which might become obsolete if HDDVD wins the format wars), and a couple games? no way.

My Ride
    RSX Type-S, 335i Coupe

I just picked up the elite 360 yesterday, so far no problems *knock on wood*

funny thing is everyone talks about how the 360 heats up like an oven, but after playing for a couple hours straight yesterday I was surprised that it remained pretty cool actaully.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by MilanoRedTeg
    I just picked up the elite 360 yesterday, so far no problems *knock on wood*

funny thing is everyone talks about how the 360 heats up like an oven, but after playing for a couple hours straight yesterday I was surprised that it remained pretty cool actaully.
    Ditto. I've got mine in an enclosed area too
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

lol Stuntman Ignition got canned for ps3 and Juiced 2 has been delayed

My Ride

Originally posted by Xtrema
    GTA IV delayed as well because Rockstar has a clause with Sony that they won't release it first on other platforms.

That said, Treg50, it's not hard to see you have a grudge. I think you want Billy Gates to suck your cock for apology? The only thing you can bitch about is the reliability of 360 but nothing else.

Sony definitely got better PR and fanboys because nobody seem to remember DRE: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news03/playstation.html that plague PS2 ever since it was out and Sony took the &quot;not our fault&quot; stance until settlement 2006.

What MS did is way classier than Sony ever did.

Fact: More exclusive titles are coming to 360 than PS3. Every other big titles are multi-platform.

Fact: Both Sony and MS are improving the console and cutting cost and leave old/new customer pissed off.

If you have a working 360 right now, there's no point to own the PS3 until summer 08 when people finally understand how to program the PS3.
    Nope, no grudge, I'm just not impressed by Microsoft's lame business tactics and absorbing their blatant shortcomings with deep pockets of cash. It's a known fact PS3 and Wii have less exclusives (as well as total number of games at the moment) than 360, I never argued that. But PS3 and Wii have only been out 9 months approx., 360 has been out for more than twice as much time and yes there's diff. programming methods needed for PS3. I'd say there's no point in getting 360 until 2009 when Microsoft launches the properly functioning 45nm chip version they should have launched in the first place.

You said earlier on that Microsoft selling people millions of defective consoles just to beat Sony to the market was "good business". Sure, it was good for MS's bank account but not for me or you or someone buying a poorly built 360. I wouldn't call MS "classy" for extending a warranty. They should have launched a properly working console from the get go or at least a version that didn't have millions of failures within it's first year and a half.

360's reliability is the one thing I'll keep mentioning because MS knowingly screwed millions of people and that's dirty pool, any respect I had for MS took a big hit with that news. Millions is a lot. I remember the PS2 DRE problem. It affected "thousands" as it says in the link you give. Millions of 360's is significantly worse than thousands no matter how you look at it and we're talking 360 vs PS2 here, now compare that to PS3.

About that "clause" that you mentioned about GTA 4: Sony isn't forcing Rockstar to do anything they don't want to do. Rockstar made a business agreement with Sony. Rockstar said, "Hell yes, Sony! You got a deal!" Rockstar agreed. That's what I call good business.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/...n-nfl-08_N.htm

Madden NHL 08 is crippled on Sony's powerhouse console. Ign gave the 360 version an 8.5 and PS3 a 7.7 because the slowdowns hamper gameplay. This isn't just one game, it's all games on Sony's console. It takes too much time and resources to make games run as well as they do on the 360. This is bad news for the Sony camp as Madden is one of the best selling games and the fact that major news outlets are touting the 360 version as superior will sway sales.

I still remember when Sony touted "the next gen doesn't start until they say so". Sure Killzone 2 and MGS4 look good but they have been in developement for 3 years and still won't be out until 2008 at the earliest. COD4 on the 360 already has better graphics than those games and it took less than two years to make. The PS3 really has nothing going for it at this point.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

I'd say there's no point in getting 360 until 2009 when Microsoft launches the properly functioning 45nm chip version they should have launched in the first place.
    Shouldn't buy a PS3 either then, since its 90nm right now eh.

PS3 should have been lunched with 45nm in the first place too i suppose?

You do realize that to make a higher margin, they need to shrink the die to fit more chips onto a single silicone wafer. So I guess only buy a PS3 when it becomes 45nm too? That should take prolly 3-4 years...should be a few decent games out by then
    Last edited by eblend; 08-15-2007 at 02:18 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast