Quantcast
Ting and Rotti - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ting and Rotti

I think I'll stop by around 5:15ish. No biggie....say hi to the asian guy in the caribbean store haha.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

That works for me I'll prolly hit it up around 5-ish... look for the large-ish white guy chowing down on oxtail soup and roti
    Geek

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Roti can also be made into desert by putting caramelized fruits (ie lightly sautee'd bananas) inside with a lil shake of condensed milk on top with a tap of icing sugar
    Originally posted by Trini

dude you for real? I've never heard of roti being eaten like this,and I've lived most of my life in the Caribbean(trinidad) where this kind of roti was born and i never seen it eaten like this.sounds some how tasty though
    There were carts selling it like this on the street all over the place in Laos and to a lesser extent in Thailand, it was tasty!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Okay... I had a goat curry roti and some ting at Joycee's Caribbean Foods. The roti was a soft shell (vs the semi-crunchy one had in antigua), but it was still massively yummy. Downside is it did cost a LOT (probably cuz goat meat is rarer to come by than beef or chicken), but it was worth it. It was delicious, they had some nice soft reggae playin on the speakers, the owner was dancing around to it behind the counter, it almost felt like being back in the caribbean The Ting really sold it, it was just like I remember it... cool, sweetly sour, refreshing I paid $12ish for a roti and ting, but that also includes a nice little salad to go with the roti. The curry isn't so much hot as really flavorful, which is again exactly how I remember it. It was lovely

Oh, and they DO sell Ting by the case there, I asked. You have to give her a week's notice, I think, but it's $45 for a case (A case being 24 bottles, **I THINK**.)
    Geek

will have to pay them a visit for some ting did they have curry duck?

They don't have duck, only chicken, shrimp, and goat for Roti. $10.99 for the goat and shrimp, $9.99 for the chicken. It's a little pricey, but quite delicious.

I was there at around 6 for the goat roti and a mango drink. The owners are pretty nice, and the roti was delicious. I will probably be back. The patties are $2/ea or 6 for $9 iirc.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

They also have.... SALTFISH! It's in a standing cooler in the back, $5.50 for a bag
    Geek

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2