Quantcast
mice - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: mice

My Ride
    2009 Forester

Default mice

So i found some mouse droppings in my basement last week. My wife is freaking out because of the possibility of contracting the hanta virus.

I put a bunch of traps around with peanut butter on them but so far i haven't caught any mice. it's been about 4 or 5 days since I put the traps out initially.

Any tips on how to trap these bastards? I was thinking of getting rat poison and putting it in the dark corners of the basement, but i don't want the mice to eat it and then die somewhere in the ceiling or in the walls.

is it exterminator time?
    Tim

Get a big angry cat.

My Ride
    MK7 R

i know that there are those big-ass adhesive sheets that you could get so that when the mouse goes over them, they ain't going nowhere cuz they just get stuck on it. put one of those in the area that you suspect they run around in i guess

yeah use the glue boards witha little cheese or peanut butter in the middle but make sure you run them along the walls of the basment. Mice usually travel against the wall.

With that siad, clean all the droppings and bleach or toss out whatever you can. mice are dirty...

Buy at least 4 of those snap traps and place them in a corner along the wall two right beside each other with the bait facing in. Cheese is the best bait but make sure you push the cheese into the bait box so they have to pull hard to get it off. Should work within a day.

My Ride
    HPI Savage X w/mach 4 engine

I had mice a few months ago and thats all that I did was a mouse catcher with some peanut butter on it. Once the mouse goes in there the door closes and you don't have to worry about blood and seeing the dead mouse.

The other posters are right the mice run along the walls and don't like light.

My Ride
    Avalanche/Nightrod

I had a similar problem last year, I ended up calling an exterminator, quite expensive but worth it, I think around $300, but he guarantees that there is no mice after a month. Also he mentioned if you happen to actually see a mouse its that your house if full, not sure if its true, but makes sense. I would call an exterminator before you get too many.

ditto on putting them against the wall. i was setting up a trap once and a mouse popped out of nowhere. we trapped it, and it was strange when we followed it because it would only run beside the wall, we block off the way it turns right around and back along the wall.

i don't like the idea of poison, cuz then they die and you don't know where they are.

oh yeah forgot to add - put the traps against thew all yes and also close to where you found the droppings or anything with evidence there's a mouse ie. scratches, droppings, blah blah.

My Ride
    w163

I would call an exterminator for dirty ass shit (literally lol) like that!

My Ride
    RX300

any recommended exterminators? i seem to have a mice problem too i tend to see one pop up every 4-6months so i think there might be a larger problem lurking

any one that has dealt with exterminators know roughly the costs and if the exterminator carries any guarantees that if after they came and took care of the problem that if more mice are seen that the exterminator will come back and take care of it free of charge?
    trying is the first step towards failure

We has mice this year to, but they solved themselves. First one drove me crazy scratching in the garage, and i pulled out everything only to find it got stuck in a 4L milk jug, so all I did was put the lid on. The otherone I found when I went to dispose of a pail of a liquid driveway detergent. I found him hairless and bloated in the bucket. I tried to roll him down the driveway with my foot, hoping to releave some of the pressure in a place i would not care about, but he exploded about 1/2 way down, and I had to make use of the rest of the detergent.

But somehow none of them fell for, were affected, of caught by a large assortment of humane, and inhumane traps, and 7 or 8 flavors of poison
    jordanturbo is like herpes... Always coming back for more

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Unless you find out how they got into your house, an exterminator won't fix the problem.

My Ride
    2000 Maxima GLE

I had this problem last year and bought a box of mice poison (they come in little blocks) from home depot and put them around the garage and basement of the house. Havent seen any mices around for about almost a year now. They have a black plastic box the poison goes into for the mice to eat out of and they die with one feeding.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

You need to get the mouse poison that dehydrates the mouse so that it dries up after it dies. Otherwise you will end up with rotting mice between your walls.

Originally posted by benyl
    Unless you find out how they got into your house, an exterminator won't fix the problem.
    I cant remeber the people we called out, but they came did a walk around the house pointing out the problem areas where mice could be coming through. The fixed the spots and then set boxes through out the house. The only one problem area they did not fix was the garage door, but that has now been replaced.
    I will see if I can dig up the work order, the amount was around $300 give or take. I will post a name

My Ride
    CALGARY TRANSIT SUPERBUS

I was watching motoring 2007 and they were talking about mice and the damage they can do, and mice, (if anywhere near your garage or car) can climb up your tires and into an engine bay, chew through wires, air filters or anything else for that matter.

My Ride
    00 JeeChe

Originally posted by benyl
    You need to get the mouse poison that dehydrates the mouse so that it dries up after it dies. Otherwise you will end up with rotting mice between your walls.
    dawt

My Ride
    01 Integra SE / 07 Lexus GS 450H

When we had mice my dad bought mouse poison and put the poison in the trap. They would go into the trap and then die

Originally posted by GabrielE
    I was watching motoring 2007 and they were talking about mice and the damage they can do, and mice, (if anywhere near your garage or car) can climb up your tires and into an engine bay, chew through wires, air filters or anything else for that matter.
    Yup, one day my radiator overheated and white steam came out everywhere. I got home, opened the hood, and found a nasty dead mouse (which I picked up because I didnt recognize it at first). I guess it chewed through my radiator fan wire, killed that, and then my radiator cracked.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast