Quantcast
Decals/Graphics = More Power - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Decals/Graphics = More Power

My Ride
    '87 RX-7 Tii

Originally posted by Scat

My opinion of rice is cars that somehow share different manufacturers due to their badging.

Gather around kids, it's Stupid Question Time: Would Lexus be included in the category of potential 'rice'... seeing as how Lexus is to Toyota as Acura is to Honda... er... sorta... ??
    "Well here's the problem. Some koot put an Acura engine in your Honda."

My Ride
    KA-T S13

No
    thats clearly not the case

Originally posted by vsmSIR
    nahhh to chochy for me, next car will be a G
    nice choice man....those are amazing cars. i am looking at one outside the office window right now.....this guy at work got one, 3 month wait when he got it, g35 coupe its that baby bluish colour with everything, the brembo brakes look soo tight.....i love that car

i'll try and get a picture one day

My Ride
    A Hobo

chix like rice .. stickers get chix .

i have no stickers . so therefor i have no chix

My Ride
    1989 Ford Mustang

Big Wing + FWD = Useless.

Decals + Car = Ugl... er, Unclassy.

Terminator Bodykits = Weird Lookin'.

Huge 19" Rimes = Once again, useless. (for a street car)

...Okay. We've already gone through this about a bajillion times. We know it already.
    -Rob, Wannabe Director
    1987 Ford Mustang 2.3L Turbo

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

I couldnt care less about rice...put as many sticker, wings, neon, and tips as you like...what pisses me off is when they all of a sudden have race cars...I hate those pricks that weave in and out of traffic and fly down crowchild at like 170 as their body kits flaps in the wind...Again, I couldnt care less about rice...its the "race car drivers" that really give us a bad name!!!

My Ride
    Porsche 944 Turbo

Big Wing + FWD = Useless
    Not true.

Front air dam + rear wing = downforce on any drive setup

Big wing + no front air dam + FWD = massive understeer
    1986 Porsche 944 Turbo

No Dyno Sheet yet but I hope to make 400RWHP @24 PSI

My Ride
    KA-T S13

Thats a very good point
    A lot of people that "rice out their cars" drive irresponsibly. I'm not saying all do, but its accurate that "tuned" cars often have drivers that drive very fast.

Irresponsible drivers are obviously a way bigger problem than automobile ignorance is. I know most of us have driven irresponsibly at one point or another. An example is me racing my friend in his '90 supra turbo. He beat me by a little bit as we were going 180km/h on anderson (80km/h limit).

It more comes down to the driver, not the car. That would be why our insurance is so high in Calgary. We have the same cars as any other city in Canada or the US, its everyones driving as well as attitude that gives us high insurance.

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

And bragging that you are 100km over the limit is getting you where? It's gonna be funny when your fines are worth more than your car. You wonder why the elderly look at the younger generation and call us punks. You sit here and say your opinion about neons and gtr emblems and how you think that is gross and whatever, but how do you think you look doing 180 in an 80 in your retro Z? Don't get me wrong your probably a great person, but hence your words if your going to start a thread like this man.
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    KA-T S13

so what?
    are you telling me you have never exceeded the speed limit?

I don't speed often, and I don't go to the street races. I don't weave in and out of traffic like an idiot and therefore I don't think I bring a bad name to young car owners.

I don't think you should really comment on my driving when you have never seen me drive. You can't base my entire driving by my higest speed reached on city roads. And this was at night with absolutely NO others cars around.

I am not some punk ass kid that drives like a maniac. I have taken my fare share of drivers ed and defensive driving courses, and I follow the rules of the road ... most of the time. Oh, and I have never had a ticket.

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

fair is fair scat, I have not called you anything nor said you suck at driving, or even gone as far as labelling myself perfect. I am saying that this is the reason, or one of many that the elderly can look down on us. I am no more innocent than the rest, and am just stating a point. Don't get me wrong I have my fair share of laughs when I see a six cylinder mustang with a SALEEN decal on it or a 3rd gen accord spray bombed white with a TYPE R emblem on it. Some people don't know how to dress, some people get off by sticking rats in there ass, thats their choice, they like it. I'm sure lots of people think that my stock lowered 96 civic looks like ass, but I don't care. It's within my means and opinion of what I want my car to look and handle like. So cheers to your Z your clean record, the drivers ed to back it up, and both our opinions cause thats all they are. Nobodies opinions or thoughts are ever going to be exactly the same in unison, so deal with it, and rice will be around forever. Rice is only rice because of OPINION.
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    KA-T S13

Very nicely said
    I agree

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

don't shoot at me bastard

lol j/k

My Ride
    KA-T S13

hahaha yeah
    I'm not shootin at ya
    I just like the guns

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2