Quantcast
What number to call for loud party on my street - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What number to call for loud party on my street

My Ride
    04 Acura TL

bah..call teh landlord...at our school place we had the cops called on use once a week. We didn't give a shit cuz we would just shut up when the cops showed up. When they called the landlord, then we started to get in crap and just about got evicted. We would much rather have had the cops show up than them call the landlord. The worst they will get is a noise ticket and that will take you calling the cops likely at least 5 times.

My Ride
    **SEQUOIA**

Originally posted by JGerke
    bah..call teh landlord...at our school place we had the cops called on use once a week. We didn't give a shit cuz we would just shut up when the cops showed up. When they called the landlord, then we started to get in crap and just about got evicted. We would much rather have had the cops show up than them call the landlord. The worst they will get is a noise ticket and that will take you calling the cops likely at least 5 times.
    I see what you are saying, but what if both apartments were owned and not rented.

i don't suppose the condo corporation could do much could it?

My Ride
    BMW X1 35i MSport

Default Re: What number to call for loud party on my street

Originally posted by jay42w8
    the stupid bitches were screaming drunk
    i dont understand why u want to call the cops

well at least they aren't shooting off fireworks at 1 in the morning across from your house when you have to work in the morning. i've call the cops so many times on them.

i personally say we should start a beyond riot squad. this group would do the beatdowns on these parties, and drop the f&(*ers like the shit about forged check buying BLKMaxima's 240.

Default Re: Re: What number to call for loud party on my street

Originally posted by [GaGe]

i dont understand why u want to call the cops
    Women + alcohol + screaming = annoying as all fuck

My Ride
    It's held together by zip ties

by any chance is this in scenic acres???

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by canadian_hustla

I see what you are saying, but what if both apartments were owned and not rented.

i don't suppose the condo corporation could do much could it?
    It's in most Condo Associations rights to kick you out and force you to sell if you don't abide to their rules, most have this in their contracts that you sign when you buy the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

CPS generally don't respond to party and noise complaints right off the bat as all calls and emergencies are placed in a priority sequence. Noise complaints are no where near even the middle of the priority listing.

Calling 911 may sound like a good idea, as well it may even work the odd time. Calling in a domestic disturbance seems feesable, but let's not forget that your information is taken down just for placing the call. Don't make your story too far fetched as they know who you are once you have made the complaint.

House parties and loud anything sucks when trying to sleep. Don't go and try to solve anything yourself even if your intention is to be polite. You just never know what the outcome will be when dealing with "Heros," not to mention the long term BS that goes along with idiots.

It is what it is. People party. Most of us did it and still do. It is just unfortunate that some people lose all sense of consideration while drinking, let alone when sober. Make your call to 266-1234 and make notes for the landlord. It sucks but it is the legit way to do it. Bringing your big pals and looking like the "get along gang" only represents yourself as "ready for something" which really only excites the partiers to a new level of coolness.

Now if you see what these fockers are driving etc....wait until they already have you up and awake at an odd time and go lay newspaper on their windshields and break eggs on the paper/windshield. Once that shit dries it is time for a new windshield as you can not get it off. In turn they will be late for work and finding themselves in need of a job as their partying is taking priority over lifes realities!!

Good luck!
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Next time there is a loud, bumping party, give me a shout lol
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    04 Acura TL

although vanandalism does work at times, it comes right back around to you...its pretty obvious which of your neighbors dislikes you, and easy to retaliate, especially when you don't care. If they don't own the place, get the landlord or condo associations number and harass the crap out of them at random times of the night. Call incomplaint after complaint...leave messages if you must. Landlords of any sort will not handle you calling and complaingin all the time and willl eventually kick them out. In Calgary it takes about a week to find new tenents, not much of an inconvenience for the landlord.

Again, I have just gone through this except as the offending one. We felt our neighbors were unreasonable and only smartened up once our landlord threatened to evict us. We had the cops show up well over 10 times and the worst we got were threats to give us noise tickets. We had times when there were 100 people on our front lawn in the middle of the night drinking...still nothing from the cops.

Once the landlord threatened to evict....no more parties!

Default Re: Re: Re: What number to call for loud party on my street

Originally posted by l8braker

UGLY, FAT Women + alcohol + screaming = annoying as all fuck
    fixed

I think this is another one of those "what can you do" situations....calling the landlord would do dick all if the landlord could care less..all they care about is whether they are paying the rent, this isn't exactly a posh apartment building, 6 months ago, a crack dealer was living in one of the suites...good thing he moved out cuz it was bringing crackheads around my street frequently....these kids that moved in, they are loud and obnoxious...but at least they aren't into vandalism and dealing crack...so I'll just have to live with it I guess

Originally posted by zoik
    well at least they aren't shooting off fireworks at 1 in the morning across from your house when you have to work in the morning.
    If you live in edgemont, sorry dude.

My Ride
    NOYB.

If you are going to phone the 911 emergency line, reserved for crimes in progress and/or lives in immediate danger or active fire incidents, be prepared to wait to talk to an operator. 911 is regularly swamped with people calling in to complain about campfires, noise complaints, people lying on the sidewalk downtown, etc. There are only so many operators to go around, and with the city being a million strong these days, there are tons of legitimate 911 calls plus all these non-emergency calls being dealt with by 911 operators.

The city has just recently upgraded its ability to handle calls on 266-1234. There is a team of operators that specifically handle this line and its issues, instead of leaving the line to be answered by 911 operators in-between 911 calls as before. There is also a phone menu on the 1234 number which helps to direct your call and prepare the operator for your particular complaint. Be patient and let the system handle your call as quickly as it can.

Like others have said, don't expect a lights-and-siren response to a noise complaint, either. Yes, it's annoying and disrupting your peace, but the police are seriously taxed with emergency and non-emergency calls alike. And if you think you're going to be smart and get a faster response by mentioning that there's a gun involved or something like that, you will not get the response you expect, and you yourself might be spending the night away from home, at the very least.

either i have really nice neighbours or we're pretty good at keeping the noise level down.

last party i had we had a dj set up, crazy speakers, music blasting, around 12 we turned it down a BIT and closed my windows.

after the party was over there was a fair amount of people outside my house talking n shit. and when you get a big group of people outside your house talking @ 2am, and dead silence outside, it can be pretty loud.

i love my neighbours ...so far. haha

Default Re: What number to call for loud party on my street

Originally posted by jay42w8
    I have had it with my neighbor across the street...having house parties there several nights a week, a couple nights ago, the stupid bitches were screaming drunk as they left at 4 in the morning....just now a bunch of them got into a fight with their boyfriends and were screaming at each other outside...its 2:48 in the morning....what number should I call to get the police down here?....just 911? or is there a more appropiate number?...they're all gone now, but I wanna know what number to call possibly in the next few nights...
    You could call 911, and claim that you thought you heard the guy threatening to kill the girl.

My Ride
    NOYB.

Default Re: Re: What number to call for loud party on my street

Originally posted by barbarian

You could call 911, and claim that you thought you heard the guy threatening to kill the girl.
    It might be quieter in the holding cells at the Arrest Processing Unit than in your bed, but it's far less comfortable. In other words, don't do this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2