Quantcast
X-Files movie - Anderson and Duchovny onboard - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: X-Files movie - Anderson and Duchovny onboard

My Ride
    I like. :)

Default X-Files movie - Anderson and Duchovny onboard

Mulder, Scully, X-Files... I wasn't ready for it to end when it did, good to know that another movie is planned. Will Scully finally admit she's at least seen an extra-terrestrials with her own eyes already?!

======================

Gillian Anderson will reprise her role as an FBI agent for a new film based on the smash hit TV series 'The X files'.

Anderson, who played Dana Scully, starred in the cult science-fiction series for almost 10 years alongside David Duchovny, who played Fox Mulder, till it ended in 2002.

The film will begin shooting in November this year and is scheduled for a summer release.

"Gillian is on board and I'm on board. It's November for a summer release," the Daily Express quoted Duchovny, as saying.

However, the plot for the film, which will be directed by Chris Carter, hasn't been revealed.

"I've been talking to Chris and he's been giving me some progress reports. He actually called yesterday and said: 'Next week you should have something to read.

In 1998, the series produced a feature length motion picture, The X-Files, also known as The X Files: Fight the Future.

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Yes! I've been watching every episode in sequence for the last year, downloading them a season at a time. Saw most of them already but missed a few. This was my favourite show.
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

nice, i havent seen an episode of x-files for a long ass time - im gonna have to pick up a couple dvd seasons...

My Ride
    2000 Acura TL - Black on Black baby-

Whhooaa was not expecting that hey em2ab u think u cud hook those episodes up? Trade for some other downloaded material?

i wonder if theyre goin to build on the ongoing alien with the knife shit and mulders all emo cuz his sister was abducted shit... Im hoping for a new twist on the plot... I never did follow that aspect of the show... I just liked the random freaks.... I also heard that in real life, davids more of a skep than gillian...go figure

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I've been wanting to get those DVDs for a while. My sister said at Walmart they're really cheap. I really enjoyed the earlier part of the series when there was less emphasis on the government conspiracies/aliens/Mulder's sister/etc.... I pretty much stopped following right around the time the movie came out.

^ Same here. I didn't miss a single episode in the first few seasons. The writers who started with the whole government conspiracy theme killed the show.

I stopped watching after Mulder left and T1000 came on

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

I have seasons 1 and 2 if you want them but they're huge, not sure how you'd get them. Just go to www.torrentspy.com and you can downloads seasons of any show. I've decided to stay at home all day watching The X-Files now!

Originally posted by brownskind
    Whhooaa was not expecting that hey em2ab u think u cud hook those episodes up? Trade for some other downloaded material?

i wonder if theyre goin to build on the ongoing alien with the knife shit and mulders all emo cuz his sister was abducted shit... Im hoping for a new twist on the plot... I never did follow that aspect of the show... I just liked the random freaks.... I also heard that in real life, davids more of a skep than gillian...go figure
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

My Ride
    2000 Acura TL - Black on Black baby-

Originally posted by em2ab
    I have seasons 1 and 2 if you want them but they're huge, not sure how you'd get them. Just go to www.torrentspy.com and you can downloads seasons of any show. I've decided to stay at home all day watching The X-Files now!

external hard drive homie!
    How big r we talking...i download too much telus is getiing pissed at me hence y i think a trade would be beteer...plus my sister had a crush on david back in the day and her birthdays in aug...i think it woould be a good joke present..u no? Let me know if we can arrange something....

yea T1000 sucked.... Didnt david and gillian have beef with the producers or some shit?

My Ride
    Bicycle

David left pulling a Caruso, thinking he's big time movie star and don't need a TV show.

The show sucked since the movie. Dragged it out for too long.

The movie is rumored to be just a single outing for the agents. Think MiB.

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Originally posted by brownskind

external hard drive homie!
    How big r we talking...i download too much telus is getiing pissed at me hence y i think a trade would be beteer...plus my sister had a crush on david back in the day and her birthdays in aug...i think it woould be a good joke present..u no? Let me know if we can arrange something....

yea T1000 sucked.... Didnt david and gillian have beef with the producers or some shit?
    The videos are 576x432 which isn't too bad and the 2 seasons are a total of 6.2 gigs. So sure, if you want to bring your drive over I can copy them for you no sweat. I'm free all day every day, just let me know.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

about time, i still have to snag season 9 on dvd, i would have bought it sooner but lets be honest, nothing good really happened in season 9 anyways
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride

Haha, I liked T1000. It was finally good to see someone with a hard-edge who wasn't afraid to kick asses while Mulder was gone --- it was almost like they said 'act like T2 again.' I was getting a little bored of Mulder's jadedness and Scully being so meek.

The whole alien/government conspiracy was actually central to the X-Files from Season 1. I think it started with the informant character "Deep Throat."

i actually enjoyed seasons 4-7 the most when they started full out with the government conspiracy angle. It was great because it gave continuity to the show. It made you not want to miss any episodes as to risk missing important plot lines. Before you could miss episodes without worry because most episodes were just individual stories with zero continuity. One episode they investigate a real vampire, then the next they forget about it like it never happened. That pissed me off and it made a lot of episodes meaningless. The government conspiracy made the show have meaning and it someone made it believable like "hey, this might actually happen". It gripped me much more than some of the silly pointless episodes early on.

As for why are they doing this now? Umm, because Chris Carter found both Gillian and David turning tricks one night on Santa Monica Ave to supplement their coke addictions and said “Hey guys, you’re both washed up with no careers, want to make another X-Files movie? I’ll give you each ˝ a key”.

But hey, I’ll watch it, I used to love X-files (until David left and the show turned to nothing more than a money milking train for whomever was still employed)

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    I've been wanting to get those DVDs for a while. My sister said at Walmart they're really cheap. ..........
    Picked up the seasons 1 and 2 at Wallmart for $19 each (funny thing is, the $119 sticker was still on it). Those ones were the original fat cases. Costco has the later seasons for $20 /each which are the newer slim cases.

$180 will get you the entire show. I remember when the DVDs first came out, it was like $130/season and thinking WTF and never thought about them until I saw them at Wallmart the other day.

My Ride

I remember buying Season 1 from Costco for $130 + tax the winter right after the show ended because I was suffering from withdrawl. Luckily my thinking at the time was 'don't open it, it will be a collectors item someday'... the only good thing I got from not opening it was being able to return it for a full refund a year later.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

Picked up the seasons 1 and 2 at Wallmart for $19 each (funny thing is, the $119 sticker was still on it). Those ones were the original fat cases. Costco has the later seasons for $20 /each which are the newer slim cases.

$180 will get you the entire show. I remember when the DVDs first came out, it was like $130/season and thinking WTF and never thought about them until I saw them at Wallmart the other day.
    Thanks for the tip. Which Walmart did you go to? A couple I went to didn't have them anymore (assuming you picked them up recently).

Originally posted by Pihsiak
    I stopped watching after Mulder left and T1000 came on
    so true. so true

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Thanks for the tip. Which Walmart did you go to? A couple I went to didn't have them anymore (assuming you picked them up recently).
    I picked them up a few months back. It was at the Shawnessy location, basically McLeod Trail by 22X...way south. I'll check it out next time I'm there.

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Individual seasons of the X-Files series are on for $19.99 at Futureshop. They had seasons 1-9 but I couldn't find season 10 though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast