Quantcast
Pricing Errors - retail industry standards? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pricing Errors - retail industry standards?

I needed some security torx drivers a few weeks back so I went in and got a multi set, said 19$ or something on the sticker, and I think I picked up some other small item, cant recall what it was, but it was less then 10$.. So she scans it, 9bux for that one thing and then like 40 came up for the bits.. I said that isn't right, sticker said 19.. so shes screw around then she has two items showing 9$, ha.. she ended up scanning the 1st thing twice, and then says no its wasnt 19 it was 9.. I was like.. cool... So I jus tkept quiet and was about to pay when my gf goes, NO THAT ISNT RIGHT, YOU SCANNED THAT TWICE..

wtf..!..you're staying in the car next time.. ha..

so she scans it again, and it was 40.. So I was like whatever I need them, But I only needed it for 2 seconds, so I just unscrewed what I needed and took it back.. screw paying 2x what the sticker says.. I don't feel bad about that one at all..

http://www.frugalshopper.ca/links/article.php?n=5

sums up the SCOP in a nutshell... so for every item in error you get the first free (or up to $10 off) and have the option to purchase as many quantity at the scanned price.
    Last edited by JJLuke; 07-27-2007 at 10:55 AM.

My Ride
    2001 BMW 320i

Why would you buy airsoft guns from Crappy Tire?

Thanks for the input so far. Since the SCOP is voluntary, I guess its up to how diligent the store management is at maintaining the good customer service.

Originally posted by Dayclone
    Why would you buy airsoft guns from Crappy Tire?
    I havent had much time to run around the city to check out all the army surplus or hunting stores. The only store i checked out was Russell sports by work, and didnt like any of the pistols there. they were more expensive, slightly too hardcore and the friend i'm buying this present for just wants something to dick around with at camping...

I should have asked the manager i was arguing with about the store's adherence to the SCOP.

My Ride
    Mom-van

Originally posted by szw
    google "scanner code of practice"

Not all stores adhere to it. What the guy said earlier about how stores HAVE to sell it to you at the lower price is wrong, some will not saying it is an error and the price at the till is correct.

The Scanning Code of Practice does not apply to individually ticketed items. People have tried that one on me too many times too… it’s more for grocery stores and such.

I would recommend filing a formal complaint with both the Competition Bureau and the Better Business Bureau.

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/i...index.cfm?lg=e
    www.betterbusinessbureau.ca/

I know this from working in customer service for a company who was famous for apparent misleading advertising, and people threaten this all the time when they don’t have a case. Obviously you have a very good case, and you were treated extremely poorly by the highest up person at that store. If you really want your complaint to be heard and dealt with, I highly recommend going both these routes.
    ~*Leah*~

Originally posted by frozenrice

I find in general, most Canadian retail chains suck for service. ie. Rona, Zellers, Superstore..........

Home Depot, Walmart, Safeway (all U.S. chains) know how to do it right.
    I've never had a problem doing a return anywhere because I've always treated the people behind the counter with respect.

I've seen people take items back to CT that are no longer stocked by them for a refund, and they are accepted (For instore credit) because of the way they presented themselves and how they treated the people who make the decisions.

The service the stores provide is always adequate - I'm not one who needs my hand held when purchasing an item so everything works out fine it seems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2