Quantcast
Best Pizza I Have Ever Had in Calgary - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Pizza I Have Ever Had in Calgary

My Ride
    GTI

Perkele! Hot damn that is some good pizza! I had Vogglio's Meat special and it was mighty fine. I also tried some of the margarita that I bought for the fam. I hate the toppings, but the pizza looked so good I decided to try it anyway. It was fantastic!

These are great pizzas! 3 slices filled me up as much as a full Panago pizza usually does.

He was wearing the Beyond hat that somebody gave him, but he had to wear it backwards to keep it from falling off. He thinks everybody that goes in is from Beyond now or something.

Anyway, I highly recommend his pizza.

I went there the other day, the guy working there was picking his ear while asking me what i would like to order. after i saw that i kinda lost my appetite so i just left.

They wanted $14 for delivery to SAIT! I was going to order a few pizzas tonight but after i heard that i changed my mind.

I am on the fence wiether i will order there or not. Looks like good pizza tho
    Last edited by spike98; 08-26-2007 at 07:43 PM.

Anyone know what the difference between Personal and Small is? It seems to be a lot cheaper despite being only 2 inches apart.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

ordered there on saturday night, pep and mushroom, and an all meat one for lactose challenged friend. One regular crust, one thick and both super good! Will definately order again when in town!

Spike, the delivery charge was so high because they don't do it themselves, they just use a delivery service.

Oh, and when I went in he was wearing a beyond hat! He was very appreciative of the forum support!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

picked up a mexicana and a ponderosa last night. these pizzas are amazing! I was thinking "yeah right" when people were saying they were full off a few slices, but I was stuffed after 4 slices of a medium. the cust was perfect and maintained it's crunchiness on the 20 min car ride home. this guy has my pizza business from now on!

I finally said fuck it and ordered tonight. The delievery was only $7 this time which was nice. I got the mexicana and a pepperoni.

The pizza was good. The cust was excellent and stayed crunchie even after the delivery. I dont have a e-wood like some guys on here about it but its definatly very very good pizza.

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Originally posted by Hakkola
    He was wearing the Beyond hat that somebody gave him, but he had to wear it backwards to keep it from falling off. He thinks everybody that goes in is from Beyond now or something.
    I be the Hat giver! I want some pizza now!

Originally posted by msouther
    My wife and I were in there from about 5:00 to 5:30 waiting for our pizza and another dude and his girlfriend? came in to get some pizza. I asked him where he heard about it and he said from a forum. I was like Beyond, and he said yeah how did you know. Well because I started this thread.
    That was me and my girlfriend! That was such a surprise when you told us you were the creator of the thread. Thanks for introducing us to this pizza place. I don't what to say because everyone has already said it before. The pizza was simply that good. Anyways I got to ask, how exactly did you find this place? It really isn't the most eye catching place around.

My Ride
    YZ250

I just had the pepporoni and mushroom, and to describe, it was like tiny angels dancing on my tongue wearing pizza shoes.

Their slogan should be:
    "The place is a dump but the pizza's great!"

My Ride
    B8 A4/MKV GTI

Just went down and got a mexicana, and vogglio special... no words to describe.

Fuck any other pizza anywhere ever... nothing else will cut it after this

My Ride
    2014 Mustang GT DIB track pkg 2010 GMC Terrain SLT

"Anyways I got to ask, how exactly did you find this place? It really isn't the most eye catching place around."

An Italian buddy of mine just so happens to like pizza. He buys donairs periodically from that neck of the woods. I think one night he saw it, went in and ended up giving it a try. The next weekend after he discovered it, I was in town drinkin a bit with him and all he was talking about practically was how good this pizza was. We bailed from the local watering hole and grabbed some. The rest is history and I have been going every Friday at least since. Glad you liked it man, and other than the finger in the ear comment which I don't believe, everything on here is super positive. Luis is clean and is always washing his hands if he does anything other than touch the pizza or toppings. Provecho amigos!

My Ride
    2014 Mustang GT DIB track pkg 2010 GMC Terrain SLT

"it was like tiny angels dancing on my tongue wearing pizza shoes."

Should have addressed this in my previous post but oh well. That is so hilarious and for anybody who hasn't ate there yet, you do want tiny angels dancing on your tongue wearing pizza shoes don't you?

Well said!

Originally posted by msouther
    Glad you liked it man, and other than the finger in the ear comment which I don't believe, everything on here is super positive. Luis is clean and is always washing his hands if he does anything other than touch the pizza or toppings. Provecho amigos!
    Hey thanks for bringing this place to our attention. The best part is that Luis is a really nice guy! I've been there a few times, and I've always noticed him washing his hands after handling change or taking orders. I don't trust that bacon-strip poster one bit.

I'm going to get fat because of this and the spam thread.

My Ride
    Ef

Hey what's the hours for this place on friday, saturday and sunday? I want to check it out on my days off with a few buddies. Anyone know? Thanks in advance guys.

the menus on page 3 of this thread somewhere with the hours

omg.
    that pizza was delicious, along with the lasagna. the lasagna may not look that good but oh man. it was AWESOME.
    we ordered a mexicana and my brother thought that it was a little spicy .

there was soooo much things stuck on to that thin piece of crust. wonder how he does it.

My Ride
    '99 Honda Civic SI

Tried it out with delivery. My comments

Pizza was excellent. Me and the wifey loved both the Mexicana and the other one we got (name escapes me right now).

Problem was the delivery. We ordered and then waited close to 1.5 hours.
    Called them back and they appologized saying it was going right out the door..
    Waited over another 45 minutes before the pizza arrived (live in Mayland Heights which is central Calgary). From google maps it shows as being a 9.5 KM drive between there and my house.

Delivery charge was $9 bucks.. What do they charge $1 per km with this service??

Pizza was of course cold by the time it arrived so we had to nuke it for a while to get it back to at least warm..

Again the pizza was good and we would love to order more often but with an infant at home it makes it a little more difficult to drive over to pick up the pizza. Hence we probably won't be eating their pizzas nearly as much as we would like to.

Need to fix the delivery (or possibly sign up with someone like Waiters En Route so that its a flat fee instead?) As it is right now $9.00 for a 9.5 KM drive is WAY too much.

Hoping the initial delay was just a miscommunication or something.

Originally posted by str8jkt
    Again the pizza was good and we would love to order more often but with an infant at home it makes it a little more difficult to drive over to pick up the pizza. Hence we probably won't be eating their pizzas nearly as much as we would like to.
    It takes both of you to watch one child?

Originally posted by sputnik

It takes both of you to watch one child?

Im gonna get some delivered tonight, im suprised i havent tried it yet

Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast