Quantcast
Best Pizza I Have Ever Had in Calgary - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Pizza I Have Ever Had in Calgary

My Ride
    2000 323i

Another vote for this pizza. Had one yesterday. Absolutely terrific. I got the Vogglio's special. Totally recommend it.
    Mike

My Ride
    MK7 R

thank you beyond for introducing this place to me. pizzas are fucking great. had a good chat with the owner too and he really takes pride in his ingredients. to this place, will definitely go back

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
    Here's the mexicana that I'm enjoying this moment.
    Just had that same pizza tonight. A few slices will fill you up, it's loaded!
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    bus

Mexicana is the best pizza ive ever had

Btw the 2nd pizza is 50% off

My Ride
    2000 SiR

this is the best pizza ever.
    i just tried it for the first time today.
    it is going to be a weekly thing now.

My Ride
    2014 Mustang GT DIB track pkg 2010 GMC Terrain SLT

I knew this pizza was the best I had ever had, but I am a little surprised how many excellent comments there are. My wife and I have made it a Friday thing where we order every week. I always get the same and we have started including the Fruit Festival or Guava in with our order as well. Enjoy everybody!

My Ride
    2.5L of Fury

second time having the pizza, wicked. even better then the first.
    The good thing is, they have very unique pizzas, unlike your regular pizza joints. =)

Now its the weekly pizza joint we order from! (and I live far from this place)
    I think I finally found a ride I like

Yeah we have been going weekly, it's no where close to our house, worth the drive. My kids look forward to it every week.

My Ride
    2019 Acura TLX

Had the mexicana and the supreme and they were great! Highly recommended!

We need to set up a weekly group buy.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Well I got sucked into peer pressure and had to try this place. My friend and I were pretty hungry so we got 2 mediums: Vogglio supreme and Buffalo. We are so damn full it's insane and we didn't even make that big of dent on either of them!

Nice things I like about this pizza:

1) As stated before, this guy takes making pizza seriously. Just talk to him for a few minutes and you'll understand.

2) He uses quality ingredients. A pizza with that much meat on it and not even "that" greasy says something.

3) The crust isn't a little soggy on the bottom like most places. Nice and crispy.

4) There is next to no crust which is amazing and noteworthy. This guy does not skimp on anything!

He's only been open for a short time but he's pretty impressed with how business has been so far. "Worth of mouth is really helping me and my children," love it! Consider me a fan, I will be back again. But that time, maybe just one medium
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by redblack
    Mexicana is the best pizza ive ever had

Btw the 2nd pizza is 50% off
    Can anyone confirm this as the menu that was scanned does not say anything about 50% off the second pizza.

I look forward to finally trying it out this weekend!

My Ride
    2019 Acura TLX

Originally posted by KappaSigma

Can anyone confirm this as the menu that was scanned does not say anything about 50% off the second pizza.

I look forward to finally trying it out this weekend!
    This is true. It says so on the other side of the blue sheet that was scanned. Don't know how long he'll be doing this for though...

I'll start with saying that I've long believed FATS Pub and Grill (right across the street from the Sunnyside C-Train Station, half priced pizza on Mondays!) to have the best pizza in town. They even won Pizza of the Year in 2006 for their Tuscan. Went there last Monday with a couple of buddies, filled up and was very satisfied as usual.

Enter the late friend, pissed off that he arrived just as the last slice of pizza was being finished. I was 4 slices under by this point and very comfortably full... almost stuffed. Definatley hit the point where food loses its appeal.

So I tell him about Vogglio's and how it had been getting rave reviews and crazy word of mouth so we went to check it out and holy shit what a hole in the wall! It's one of those places I can walk by every day of my life and wouldn't be able to recall one detail. As I walked in my first impression was: a band of crackheads must've been through here last night. There was nothing but chairs lining the walls and a sporadic, nowhere near complete paint job. I would've never stepped foot inside this place had it not been for what was being said here.

Luis comes up to take our order and from the get-go he was a stand up guy. I tell him how I heard about his store on Beyond and was stoked to try it out, he replies by telling the story behind how he ended up here, and I have to agree with everyone else... he really is passionate about his business. It's a shame that he can't put down a few tables or a raised bar by the window because there is no washroom on site.

My friend got the Supreme, I had a slice and it was sublime. I've never liked Napoli pizza much, not even when I was in Naples. Luis has it figured out though, and I like how buying pizza from him is helping a hard working guy who's taking a risk to give his kids a better future and not just some franchise opened by a dick in a suit.

Originally posted by Super_Geo
    I like how buying pizza from him is helping a hard working guy who's taking a risk to give his kids a better future and not just some franchise opened by a dick in a suit.
    Totally agree with that.

just drove 40 min there and back to try this pizza.... and it was awesome... very good and tasty

Will definately order from there again!!

We have a Mexican themed party tomorrow at work, so I went in to get a medium Mexicana and Luis made a large Mex instead on the house. Also grabbed the Vogglio house special at 50% off.

Finally had a chance to talk to Luis and the woman working there as well (it was pretty dead) and they are indead fantastic people. Very, very genuine and humble folks. I told him about beyond and he started laughing and said that he is grateful for the kind words and glad that everyone loves the pizza.

+1 for Luis and Crew at Vogglios

man, I gotta stop comin in here in the middle of the night to read this over.. For me to go to "town" right now, would be going to conklin.. haha.. For anyone who know's conklin, knows thats pretty sad.. And for those who don't know wtf conklin is, that explains it as well...

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    man, I gotta stop comin in here in the middle of the night to read this over.. For me to go to "town" right now, would be going to conklin.. haha.. For anyone who know's conklin, knows thats pretty sad.. And for those who don't know wtf conklin is, that explains it as well...
    Hahahaha ouch! We had to stop in Conklin for gas and liquor one time Even further north up the road, have you ever stopped in at The Duck Inn?! Worst/best place ever.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    NC1

I had the Vogglio Special last night, this place is so good. He must love Beyonders cause he upsized our pizza for N/C! In addition to the buy 1, get second 1 half price deal. WOW!

I just don't know how this guy keeps up. 7 days a week and long hours too.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast