Quantcast
Best Pizza I Have Ever Had in Calgary - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 40 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Pizza I Have Ever Had in Calgary

My Ride
    2014 Mustang GT DIB track pkg 2010 GMC Terrain SLT

Default Vogglio's is the Best Pizza I Have Ever Had in Calgary

Hey Folks,

I have no affiliation with this company other than I am a satisfied customer who wants to get the message out about this company. It just opened up on July 1st, 2007 and it is called Vogglio's D'Pizza which is just located off of. The physical address is. The phone number is. I work in advertising and I know how crucial it is to include it as part of your business plan off the start especially. I wanted to give Luis the owner free advertising by mentioning this. I will never go anywhere else. I live in Airdrie and I drove out of my normal path home just to get some last night.

If you do go in there, please tell Luis that you read this on Beyond.ca because I told him I would do this for him. Thanks everybody and if you have any questions let me know. If you try the pizza, you will agree with me 100% that this is the best.
    Last edited by msouther; 09-22-2008 at 05:22 PM.

Will try out this weekend!

Let's get Luis' business rolling
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

How about some details about why it's the best pizza you ever had? Sauce, toppings, price, crust, hot waitress with big hooters etc etc.
    heloc that shit

Do you know region of Italy Luis is from?

La Pulcinella has a lock on teh Napoli style pizza. Yummy!

I wish I was not on Atkins.

Originally posted by lewdvig
    I wish I was not on Atkins.
    Sucks to be you.

My Ride

Well the pizza is Napoli style pizza which in my understanding is thin crust. The toppings are so fresh, the dough is delicious, the way he cooks it is great as well. The place isn't fancy at all and if you blink while walking by, you will miss it. It is next door to a donair place. No hot waitresses or big hooters yet.

Luis isn't from Italy actually, he is from Colombia actually. I don't think a person has to be Italian to make good pizza though. The reason you asked though lewdvig is because I assume that is where you or your ancestors are from. Try him out and you will be satisfied. Again, please mention you saw this here. He also has exotic pizza's which contain all fruit and a bunch of other varieties. Check it out!

Originally posted by sputnik

Sucks to be you.

+1

maybe I wil just smell it, rub it on my face and eat the toppings

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Originally posted by lewdvig
    maybe I wil just smell it, rub it on my face

My Ride
    is Invisible

Will check it out...he got by the slice or only whole pizzas?

My Ride

Pizza comes whole only. Prices are cheap though. You can get two small 6 piece pizzas for just under $20. He has a special on right now. There is another one on as well for like 2 medium pizzas, 2L of coke and wings for under $30.

Everyone check him out and after you have let me know if I am full of shit or what! Thanks.

Meh, showed up at 5:20 to get a pizza and they were closed. Hours on the door read 4:30pm - _____ and they were locked.

Too bad.

My Ride
    '05 Acura TL

Originally posted by eb0i

Originally posted by edde
    its called sarcasim you fucking idiot

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Originally posted by msouther
    Pizza comes whole only. Prices are cheap though. You can get two small 6 piece pizzas for just under $20. He has a special on right now. There is another one on as well for like 2 medium pizzas, 2L of coke and wings for under $30.

Everyone check him out and after you have let me know if I am full of shit or what! Thanks.
    haha what a ripoff! For $20 it better be 2 large pizzas or there better be a hell of a lot of toppings!
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

Okay we just got back from this place! Wings are nothing to write home about. The pizza on the other hand was terrific. I would say hands down the best I have had in 20 years.

We got a pepperoni for the kids, which is real pepperoni, great cheese. 2nd pizza was the Mexicana. tortilla chips, ground beef, tomato, avocado, lettuce, chili, red beans cheddar cheese. All top of the line ingredients

Owners are fabulous. Very friendly. Instead of getting the 2 mediums he made our Mexicana a large, and we got thick crust. It was outstanding.

Lots of variety in the pizza's you can get thin or thick, white or whole wheat crust as well.

Also have Lasagna, salads, shakes and pasta's.

They are right beside Shawarna King on 14th.
    It used to be Rio's Pizza, before that for us oldies it was a used record/tape/cd store.

Best of all I told them that we are talking about them on beyond...and they should expect some more people to come in.

I think he said he is open at 3 pm, they are just renovating now. No tables to eat at...but it's worth the drive!

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

thats close to my place.. gonna check it out.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    2001 BMW 320i

Aww man your making hungry now.... crap... I gotta go get some pizza from this place! Sounds goooood!!

Originally posted by Kritafo
    Okay we just got back from this place! Wings are nothing to write home about. The pizza on the other hand was terrific. I would say hands down the best I have had in 20 years.

We got a pepperoni for the kids, which is real pepperoni, great cheese. 2nd pizza was the Mexicana. tortilla chips, ground beef, tomato, avocado, lettuce, chili, red beans cheddar cheese. All top of the line ingredients

Owners are fabulous. Very friendly. Instead of getting the 2 mediums he made our Mexicana a large, and we got thick crust. It was outstanding.

Lots of variety in the pizza's you can get thin or thick, white or whole wheat crust as well.

Also have Lasagna, salads, shakes and pasta's.

They are right beside Shawarna King on 14th.
    It used to be Rio's Pizza, before that for us oldies it was a used record/tape/cd store.

Best of all I told them that we are talking about them on beyond...and they should expect some more people to come in.

I think he said he is open at 3 pm, they are just renovating now. No tables to eat at...but it's worth the drive!

Yes we loved the Mexicana pizza!

That will be breakfast soon...

My Ride

Well I went in there last night again. I live in Airdrie and my wife and I decided at 11:15 last night that we should pick some up so we did. It was awesome once again. I now have leftovers for breakfast today too, and the coolest thing about this pizza is you can put it in the fridge, pull it out cold and the crust is still crunchy.

I spoke with the owner and he is thankful for everyone on here who has went by his shop. I encourage you to all go there and give it a try and you'll go back! Also, after you go feel free to post up on here because I told the owner about this page so he will check it. It will help him with his business too. The owner told me he had about 6 people come in yesterday from seeing this so that is fricking awesome.

em2ab, I guess if you are looking for tons of pizza with tons of toppings you should try out Chicago Deep Dish or Verns pizza. Vogglio's is more of a classy type of pizza I would say. I get ample toppings on my pizza whenever I order it. It's like going into a fancy restaurant, ordering your dish and being surprised when you see the portion size. You pay for quality, not quantity. I am not trying to rip on you either. I guess that isn't the best comparison, but I have found that the pizza is just perfect for toppings, crust etc. Thanks for trying it out though, and hopefully you'll go back one day.

Take care everybody and have a great long weekend!

Page 1 of 40 1 2 11 ... LastLast