Quantcast
Best Pizza I Have Ever Had in Calgary - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Pizza I Have Ever Had in Calgary

^ Nope, he's closed on Sundays... I made the drive down and drove home disappointed

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

I decided to try Vogglio's for the first time as my birthday meal yesterday. My gf picked up a Supreme and a Mexicana on her way to picking me up from work. This pizza has received a lot of hype and praise here, and it deserves it. Really excellent stuff, although not as filling as people have been saying. I wasn't really hungry and I ate 3/4 of a pizza (medium). I didn't have time to pack up the leftovers for work this morning, but oh well, I'm looking forward to my dinner tonight already!

FYI, the Mexicana was quite spicy, too spicy for my gf to enjoy. There were jalepenos on it but that wasn't mentioned on the menu so order that one carefully if you're not a fan of hot stuff. So freakin tasty though!

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Tried ordering for pickup at noon today, no one picked up the phone at both numbers, aaaaaaaaaahhhh!

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

I've succumbed to the weakness of some Beyond Hype!

1 Medium Vogglio Supreme being picked up in 30 mins.

I will post back!
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Originally posted by lilmira
    Tried ordering for pickup at noon today, no one picked up the phone at both numbers, aaaaaaaaaahhhh!

Hours have been discussed a few times in this thread.

Sorry to hear you teased your stomach into an ulser!!

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Default .

I have returned. Although I only had two pieces thus far (late for plans) I wanted to post this up before I left.

I read all 4 pages at once for the first time today. I got home from a couple drinks after work and just started reading Beyond. I noticed this thread but never looked at it until tonight.

My parents have had a few pizzarias while I was growing up. I have had my fair share of pizza!! The first place I really started liking thin crust pizza again was here in Calgary at Gondola Pizza (SW Killarney to be precise) I ended up having too much of it and stayed away for while. Then this beaut' of a thread was created.

As my previous post states that I called in my order, I drove down to pick up my pizza. The place was not as bad as I figured it would be, judging by previous comments. Perhaps they did some work. Although the place definitely did not look finished, I was not bothered by being in there (for the exception of the heat) I stayed outside most of the time as I am off to see a girl and I didn't want to reek like a fry vat. The walls were semi painted. The waiting room had efforts of painting a kids waiting area. The cieling tiles looked brand new.

Before I left the house I was contemplating a hat. I rummaged through my hats and low and behold I found one of my Photo Shop Contest prizes from Beyond.......A whilte Beyond hat in wich I never wore due to the fit. ( Sorry Gail )

After reading all this I thought I would be random and take Luis the hat as a token of Beyonds Love for Luis Vogglio and his Pizza chef mastery. I have to apologize as the settings were quite off when I snapped the pic. I didn't want to make a career out of it as I somewhat felt like a dork even though I was the only one in the waiting area.

Luis was very happy to have the hat. He put it on right away and told me he gets his youngest ( 8 maybe 10 yrs old) son to get him on Beyond to read all the comments. This little guy was slicing meat when I first arrived. This family is a Team.

Anyways, long story short. You can trust every word on this thread regarding the authenticity and true pizza name that is built into every single Vogglio Pizza. This is what pizza is and should be. Have just one pizza and you will see just how commercialized places like Dominos, Pizza 73 etc really are. Zero quality in those pizzas. You will never see fresher toppings than Vogglio Pizza in my honest opinion!

2 Thumbs up for Vogglio PIzza!!

Last edited by Kona9; 08-24-2007 at 09:21 PM.

My Ride
    Subaru wagon

haha you mustve got there before i did. cause when i ordered he didnt have it, but when i came back he had the beyond hat.

amazing pizza too
    my mom and dad also enjoyed it.

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

The girlfriend and I were just down there picking up some pizzas. You might have just been leaving as I was coming in because when I got there he was rockin' the hat (which was cool as hell to see) and said that he had just been given it. Must get a bunch of his business from beyond members because just as I was in there another guy came in with a beyond t-shirt. I talked to him (Luis) for a while as I waited for my pizzas and everything is true, he does have a hell of a passion for what he makes. Nice guy too.

As for the pizzas, there ain't a word of a lie in this thread. Dammmnnn they were good. You can really taste the difference that the high quality of ingredients contributed, as opposed to big pizza chain places (pizza hut, dominos, 73). The mexicana was awesome and the meat special was just as good. I'll definitely be going down there again.

Last edited by Benny; 08-25-2007 at 01:16 AM.

Luis is wearing a beyond cap!!!!!!!! Too funny!

My Ride
    is hella cheap.

Haha wow, Vogglio's is lucky to get a ton of support. Anyhow, I phoned in at 8PM. Luis said my order will be ready in 30-45 mins. I got there around 9PM and it wasn't ready yet. I waited for about 5 more minutes, got my order, booked it home and man, after two slices, I barely scarfed down the 3rd. I guess I'll be buying from Vogglio's from now on. His pizza is top notch.

My Ride
    2014 Mustang GT DIB track pkg 2010 GMC Terrain SLT

"Kona9" I have to give you some mad props for that kind gesture of giving him the hat. Luis is a very gracious guy and I know he appreciated that so much. Nice pic too! My wife and I were in there from about 5:00 to 5:30 waiting for our pizza and another dude and his girlfriend? came in to get some pizza. I asked him where he heard about it and he said from a forum. I was like Beyond, and he said yeah how did you know. Well because I started this thread.

Not sure which dude that is on here or if he has posted yet, but hopefully he does. I am not sure how many questions any of you have asked of Luis, but he has 2 jobs which he works 7 days a week. His wife has 3. I want you all to keep posting your comments on here and tell everyone you know about his place. He is still new and getting things figured out, but he is going to have the most popular pizza joint in Calgary one day. Like a Peters Drive Inn of Pizza joints, although I am not a big fan of Peters.

Lets make Luis, Maria his wife and there kids more successful so that they don't have to work two or three jobs, and they can concentrate on doing what they do best, making pizza! I don't even know how they have energy to work like that. I am 27 and I couldn't work from 4:30 till 12:30 or whatever, then go to another job afterwards. Mad props to Luis and his family and all of the Beyond members who have supported his business venture.

We ordered 2 extra large pizza's, and 3 smalls tonight. 1 extra large was Chingoncita (my creation of black olives, feta cheese and pepperoni), one was hawaaian which half was topped with feta, another small Chingoncita which we gave to our friends in Airdrie to try, a small with pepperoni, bacon and xtra cheese for my daughter and a small fruit festival. They were all soooo good! We are going to be eating pizza all weekend long now!

The end for now!

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Originally posted by Kona9

Hours have been discussed a few times in this thread.

Sorry to hear you teased your stomach into an ulser!!
    I was starving. I didn't have the energy to read several pages of messages. I was lucky enough to find the menu with the phone numbers.

My Ride
    01 Integra SE / 07 Lexus GS 450H

I was so close to this place then i had to go do something. Ill probably be trying this place out on the weekend.

My Ride
    Subaru wagon

Originally posted by Benny
    The girlfriend and I were just down there picking up some pizzas. You might have just been leaving as I was coming in because when I got there he was rockin' the hat (which was cool as hell to see) and said that he had just been given it. Must get a bunch of his business from beyond members because just as I was in there another guy came in with a beyond t-shirt. I talked to him for a while as I waited for my pizzas and everything is true, he does have a hell of a passion for what he makes. Nice guy too.

As for the pizzas, there ain't a word of a lie in this thread. Dammmnnn they were good. You can really taste the difference that the high quality of ingredients contributed, as opposed to big pizza chain places (pizza hut, dominos, 73). The mexicana was awesome and the meat special was just as good. I'll definitely be going down there again.

haha that was me, you were the two sitting on the bench in the corner below the tv?

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Me and 3 friends picked up 4 pizza's tonite and just like advertised the best pizza we have had in a long long time.

I have to mimic everything that was said in this thread as luis is a great guy and has an extreme passion for what he does.

This has now become a weekly trend for us and it will continue, everyone should go by this place and try it out you wont be dissapointed.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

haha fawk, got there at 12:30 and they said the ovens were off already. Dammit I wanted some tonite, didn't realize how late it was already haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

Originally posted by CivicTunr

haha that was me, you were the two sitting on the bench in the corner below the tv?
    Yup, that was us. Nice shirt.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Luis knows a lot about F1, was talking to him tonight about tomorrow's race. Being Columbian, he knows a lot about Montoya and Alonso too haha. He thinks Montoya needs to use his head more .
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    GTI

I came on here to print off the menu, it has been downloaded 300 times! Man, talk about support. I need me some of this pizza.

My Ride
    U Don't Want To Know

Finally i got one yesterday..I order the personal and he gave me small steak pizza with no charged..It was super good..

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast