Quantcast
Best Pizza I Have Ever Had in Calgary - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Pizza I Have Ever Had in Calgary

My Ride
    2014 Mustang GT DIB track pkg 2010 GMC Terrain SLT

"Has anyone tried the fruit pizza or the guava "dessert" pizza?"

If you read above and look for my comments, you will see that I ate the fruit one on Friday and the Guava paste one previously. They are both very good, but I like the fruit one better. Give em a try and you won't be dissapointed.

My Ride
    49cc Honda bicycle/89 Accord SE-i/59 Impala/93shaq

No love for Pizza Plus on Bow 45th

Had the pizza last night and it definitely live up to the hype!

The owner came a spoke with me for a few minutes and told me the quality that goes into the pizza. A guy that takes a lot of pride in what he does is something I can definitely respect.

For those who have not tried it yet, Here is the menu

for the mexicana
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by redrooster; 08-12-2007 at 04:16 PM.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by redrooster
    Had the pizza last night and it definitely live up to the hype!

The owner came a spoke with me for a few minutes and told me the quality that goes into the pizza. A guy that takes a lot of pride in what he does is something I can definitely respect.

For those who have not tried it yet, Here is the menu

for the mexicana
    Great job posting the menu !
    This place is sucking the money out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    NC1

Wow major props to this guy. 7 days a week and those are crazy long hours!

Tonight will be Pizza night for me.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by lewdvig
    maybe I wil just smell it, rub it on my face and eat the toppings
    Maybe you should stop trying diets that don't work in ways that are long term and sustainable, and just resolve to proper exercise and moderation of your junk intake.

you should post the back of the menu as well, I would be my scanner is acting wonky

My Ride
    10 psi of potato pressure

Originally posted by msouther
    "Has anyone tried the fruit pizza or the guava "dessert" pizza?"

If you read above and look for my comments, you will see that I ate the fruit one on Friday and the Guava paste one previously. They are both very good, but I like the fruit one better. Give em a try and you won't be dissapointed.
    sorry, must have missed your post.

Would you say they are dinner pizza's or more something you would have for dessert.

My Ride
    2014 Mustang GT DIB track pkg 2010 GMC Terrain SLT

The fruit one is more of a dessert pizza, but it goes good in between a few spicy pieces. It is a good combo and definitely creative. The Guava one is good too, but I like the fruit better definitely! Keep on asking questions if you got some, and post your comments when you have some.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

Well, I just ordered a medium greek, and a medium buffalo.

45-1hr to have it made kinda sucks, but hopefully it's worth the wait!
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

well that took forever, but it was worth the wait

guy was super nice and we chatted for 10 minutes while the pizzas were finishing off, told him I found his place via this thread.. and he was happy to hear the word was getting around.

gave me 1/2 off the second pizza as a token of appreciation!

highly recommended
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    Integra

God damn sounds awesome. Wish I wasn't in Red Deer now LOL... Next time i'm in Calgary I'll have to stop in. The mexicana pizza sounds delicious!!!

My Ride
    W213

went there after i went to amsterdam rhino on saturday
    was glad to see it was still open
    i guess he just started to sell it by slices too so my buddy and i were lucky since we didnt want to buy a full pizza at the time

really nice guy and the pizza was great. had a slice of this pepperoni, sausage, mushroom etc one. he was trying to gauge an opinion on if his pricing his fair and such. it was $5 for one slice (a quarter of the pizza...probably the large pizza) and a can of pop

will definitely go back

Originally posted by adamc

gave me 1/2 off the second pizza as a token of appreciation!

highly recommended
    It says 50% off 2nd pizza on one of the blue sheets. Sorry, but you're not special

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

How the hell did I miss this thread!?

Anyways, I will try this place this week/weekend! Can't wait!

My Ride
    2000 Acura TL - Black on Black baby-

Before we get into... i am one of those overweight foodlovers who eat their lives away and end up on reality tv shows. my intention is to let you guys know how this pizza store sets a standard for all the pizza joints in calgary. You know the feelin u get when ur watching iron chef? u look at the screen and ur like fukk how can i get some of that...and how much is it gon cost?
    see i ran into this thread about a week ago and made it a up point to check this place out.. so tonite i did...
    the ppl that own the store are great..very warm and welcoming... and they guy who i spoke to (i guess he designed the menu) seemed to know alot in culinary arts.. not so much on an academic standpoint (cuz i wudnt no) but more on a cultural aspect... very knowledgeable in terms of taste..how ingrediants compliment each other and how they often conflict.... how to compensate for different flavours when strong ones dominate. I dont eat pork and i had a "just came from the gym" situation so I ordered the Sirana supremme (its a veggie pizza with onions green peppers zuchinni brocolli etc) on whole wheat thin crust...i talked to the store owners while i waited and discover how he came about opening up his shop... kinda one of those stories ud here on a documentary about 5 yrs fromnow when he atakes over the pizza industry..a futurama flashback... anyhow.. he showed me some of the sauces he uses on the more exotic selection and i swear i jus wanted to taste it by looking at it... they were in tupper ware that had magarine and other brand logos on em so i already knew that these were al homemade...
    when he pulled out the pizza i cud smell the pizza and my plans to wait til i got home to eat it were dismissed so by the time i got to the car i was already takin generous bites...being in a hurry, ud figure that i would be eating fast but the flavour of eat ingrediant lingered in my mouth and the sublt aroma of the zuchinnie and green pepper filled my nostral as i reached the crust.. now u remember the cheese that would kinda burn up a bit when i make those cheese sandwiched in the sandwiche maker? u no that taste that slightly burnt cheddar has?? the smell it has..the rst tastes just like that and as you bite throu u can taste the softness of the bread welcomin ur gums rather than chafing ur mouth like most thin crust pizzas do.. he gave me an upgrade on the size and after debating on the whole ride home i relutantly gave a few slices to my sister... u guys need to go there asap and just pick a pizza and let me no how it went...

Originally posted by brownskind
    Before we get into... i am one of those overweight foodlovers who eat their lives away and end up on reality tv shows. my intention is to let you guys know how this pizza store sets a standard for all the pizza joints in calgary. You know the feelin u get when ur watching iron chef? u look at the screen and ur like fukk how can i get some of that...and how much is it gon cost?
    see i ran into this thread about a week ago and made it a up point to check this place out.. so tonite i did...
    the ppl that own the store are great..very warm and welcoming... and they guy who i spoke to (i guess he designed the menu) seemed to know alot in culinary arts.. not so much on an academic standpoint (cuz i wudnt no) but more on a cultural aspect... very knowledgeable in terms of taste..how ingrediants compliment each other and how they often conflict.... how to compensate for different flavours when strong ones dominate. I dont eat pork and i had a "just came from the gym" situation so I ordered the Sirana supremme (its a veggie pizza with onions green peppers zuchinni brocolli etc) on whole wheat thin crust...i talked to the store owners while i waited and discover how he came about opening up his shop... kinda one of those stories ud here on a documentary about 5 yrs fromnow when he atakes over the pizza industry..a futurama flashback... anyhow.. he showed me some of the sauces he uses on the more exotic selection and i swear i jus wanted to taste it by looking at it... they were in tupper ware that had magarine and other brand logos on em so i already knew that these were al homemade...
    when he pulled out the pizza i cud smell the pizza and my plans to wait til i got home to eat it were dismissed so by the time i got to the car i was already takin generous bites...being in a hurry, ud figure that i would be eating fast but the flavour of eat ingrediant lingered in my mouth and the sublt aroma of the zuchinnie and green pepper filled my nostral as i reached the crust.. now u remember the cheese that would kinda burn up a bit when i make those cheese sandwiched in the sandwiche maker? u no that taste that slightly burnt cheddar has?? the smell it has..the rst tastes just like that and as you bite throu u can taste the softness of the bread welcomin ur gums rather than chafing ur mouth like most thin crust pizzas do.. he gave me an upgrade on the size and after debating on the whole ride home i relutantly gave a few slices to my sister... u guys need to go there asap and just pick a pizza and let me no how it went...
    it sounds like you and your pizza got a lil too friendly in your car haha.

but wow...very descriptive review with your experience and this guys pizza.

right down to the very last ingredient haha.

Im going there ASAP! ill report back after im done!

My Ride
    2000 Acura TL - Black on Black baby-

im doin the fruit festival next time and then the gauva one

My Ride
    NC1

The pizza is fantastic. So good.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast