Quantcast
C-Train Accident - Page 18 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: C-Train Accident

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by Jay911
    So I hear that her lawyers say she was treated unfairly during the trial because of her race.

Just how exactly should a murderer be treated? Should we be lenient because she's had a rough life due to her lifestyle?

Or should we throw the book - or maybe the pamphlet, considering how weak our justice system is - at her, and hope that it gets through the next person's skull so that they think about the consequences before they decapitate someone on a C-Train? (yeah, I know.. people thinking.. not a strong point)
    its a good sentence IMO, but one has to ask why you don't see more like this?
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

The native family is claiming racism. I did not see that coming.
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Originally posted by Toms-SC
    Well don't forget, pushing someone to a certain and gruesome death is not nearly as bad as punching someone once. It's just racism

Doesnt matter if she got 2 years or 12 years... at the end of her term shes just going to go back to being a junky / homeless piece of trash walking downtown again
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Fuck her.

Originally posted by Super_Geo

the downtown core is a bit safer with 2 shitheads gone.
    QUOTED FOR TRUTH.

I wonder how long a sentence Gage Prevost would've gotten for attempted murder if Karma hadn't struck him first.

I have had enough of the fucking media and Gage's father making his son look like the only victim here.....In this case, I have more sympathy for the woman. Its already low enough to be a street level crack dealer that continually feeds these people's addictions, but ripping one off too for 10 bucks? How much lower could he have gotten...oh wait, right, he tried pushing/killing her first, shoving her off the platform not once, but twice.

Originally posted by jay42w8

QUOTED FOR TRUTH.

I wonder how long a sentence Gage Prevost would've gotten for attempted murder if Karma hadn't struck him first.

I have had enough of the fucking media and Gage's father making his son look like the only victim here.....In this case, I have more sympathy for the woman. Its already low enough to be a street level crack dealer that continually feeds these people's addictions, but ripping one off too for 10 bucks? How much lower could he have gotten...oh wait, right, he tried pushing/killing her first, shoving her off the platform not once, but twice.
    Fucking word, street cleaning at its finest
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Originally posted by jay42w8
    I wonder what Gage's father would say if it was the other way around.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/La...095/story.html

So the lawyer is arguing for a new trial:

A 28-year-old woman convicted of second-degree murder for pushing a teen to his death between two cars of a moving C-Train should get a new trial, her lawyer argued on Tuesday.

Christopher Nowlin, who represents Natalie Pasqua, said the trial judge erred in his instructions to the jury related to the death of Gage Prevost being an accident during a scuffle on the platform at the 8th St. station on Aug. 1, 2007.

"Mr. Prevost began the assault by throwing Ms. Pasqua off the platform and it was continuous," Nowlin told the Alberta Court of Appeal.

"The trial judge did not tell the jury that."

Crown prosecutor Brian Graf argued that when you look at the judge's charge as a whole, "his instruction was appropriate and the verdict should stand."

Pasqua was convicted on Feb. 21, 2008, and subsequently sentenced to life imprisonment with no chance of parole for 12 years.

Court heard Prevost died instantly in the struggle over a $10 drug deal at the 8th Street S.W. platform.

It occurred seconds after a train arrived at the downtown station about 4:40 p.m. during rush hour.

Pasqua and Prevost had been arguing over a contentious crack cocaine transaction at the west end of the C-Train platform, where drug deals were then common.

Prevost first pushed Pasqua onto the tracks, then she returned and the fight continued. Either one or both of them, according to different witnesses, bounced off the just-arriving train before Prevost was pushed to his death.

The eight-man, four-woman jury, which deliberated for 2 1/2 hours before convicting her, had recommended the minimum 10 years.

Defence lawyer Andre Ouellette said outside court after the verdict he was surprised and disappointed with the verdict.

"I was always concerned that our greatest exposure was manslaughter. My client, as well, believed that her worst exposure was to manslaughter," said Ouellette.

What probably helped the jury decide Pasqua's intent was a comment she allegedly made either before or after he was tossed off the platform.

Three witnesses, all friends of the victim, told court that Pasqua said: "Do you want to get hit by a train?" moments before the fatal push.

Pasqua, an admitted cocaine addict who has a criminal record of more than 20 convictions, denied making the statement.

Ouellette at that time expressed concern over Court of Queen's Bench Justice John Rooke's complex, five-plus hours instruction to the jury and suggested it might be a ground for appeal.

Pasqua testified she didn't know the C-Train had just arrived until they bounced off the side of it during the fight, and didn't mean to kill him.

She also believed that Prevost was unaware the slow-moving train was there either.

A gruesome video, shown repeatedly during the seven-day trial, wasn't totally clear on what led to the fatal shove, but showed her standing beside the train, then on the ground.

Prevost's legs could next be seen sticking out from between the train and platform and spinning along with the slow-moving train.

Justices Marina Paperny, Patricia Rowbotham and Keither Ritter reserved their decision.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

I hope the guy who killed those 5 people with his cement truck gets 12 years as well. But I doubt he'll even go to jail.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by Aleks
    I hope the guy who killed those 5 people with his cement truck gets 12 years as well. But I doubt he'll even go to jail.
    http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/sto...tschetter.html

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Tschetter is free until his sentencing. Defence lawyer Balfour Der told the judge he intends on applying for a conditional sentence.

Like I said I doubt he'll even spend any time in jail. Certainly not 12 years.

Originally posted by Toms-SC
    And Gage's friends/family are claiming that Gage was a chill guy, not a loser dropout drug dealing piece of shit. I did not see that coming either.

New one...sad

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...-accident.html

A woman in her 20s has died in hospital Monday morning after being struck by a C-Train.

The accident occurred during the rush hour just before 8 a.m., south of the Whitehorn LRT station.

Stuart Brideaux, with Calgary EMS, said the commuter was rushed to Foothills Medical Centre in critical and life-threatening condition, but later succumbed to her injuries. She has not yet been identified and there are no other details at this time.

Northbound C-Trains were shut down at 32nd Avenue for several hours, but the line is expected to be running as normal shortly. Shuttle buses have been ferrying passengers to stops north of 32nd Avenue.

Calgary Transit officials said in September they would launch an investigation into a spate of recent LRT-related deaths.

Five people have now been killed by C-Trains within the past three months, at least two of which were believed to be suicides.
    Another suicide?
    Last edited by Merritt; 12-05-2011 at 03:36 PM.
    Does everything matter or does nothing matter?

Blame the design, right?

It seems her Monday was strikingly different than others.

Originally posted by masoncgy
    Blame the design, right?
    but obviously she would not be dead had the tracks been built below or above grade.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Originally posted by Guillermo

but obviously she would not be dead had the tracks been built below or above grade.
    Unless she jumped off the platform when the train was coming... Montreal has a billion suicides a year on their Metro. They have a crew dedicated to cleaning up the mess.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by Merritt

Another suicide?
    Who knows if suicide was in her train of thought.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Originally posted by bspot

Unless she jumped off the platform when the train was coming... Montreal has a billion suicides a year on their Metro. They have a crew dedicated to cleaning up the mess.
    true, but at least the accidents would be prevented.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Originally posted by clem24

Who knows if suicide was in her train of thought.
    If it was, she was on the right track!

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast