Quantcast
Nice old man in a blue PT Cruiser - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice old man in a blue PT Cruiser

My Ride
    GTI

Default Nice old man in a blue PT Cruiser

On my way back from the gym I took the rd, (not glenmore), from mt royal college to crowchild south, you take a left turn to get onto crowchild and people taking the right turn onto crowchild have a yield sign, I had green and went, the PT decided to ignore the yield and went in front of me, fine, no big deal. He procedes to go 20 around the ramp, fine, no big deal. Then in the merge lane I go, and merge first since he is going slow, then he merges after me and flips the bird, so I blow him a little kiss, it was nice right?

So he turns into the lane beside me since it is a dual lane ramp onto glenmore, I slow down to slightly below limit so I can give him a little smile, and he catches up, and pulls toward my lane like he's going to run me off the road! So, being the calm easy going guy I am, I slowed down and went behind him, took out my phone and took a picture of the car, and took down the license plate.

Older guy with a big grey moustache, blue PT Cruiser, plate YZJ 668. If anyone knows the guy tell him I said hi.

I'm going to call the calgary police service and leave a complaint, anybody know the extension?

I was going to follow him and ask for an apology but I figured there were possible legal issues with that, so I took it easy. When we were beside each other on 14th st I gave him the thumbsup, he should have seen me taking pics.
    Last edited by Hakkola; 08-07-2007 at 03:10 PM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Stupid me, I actually thought it was going to be a positive comment about a good driver.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Stupid me, I actually thought it was going to be a positive comment about a good driver.
    Me Too! What was I thinking!

Like the way you handled the situation though!

TTIUWOP

i wanna see his stache

There is an old guy with a moustache and a blue PT in Oakridge. I'll check the plates for you when i'm down that way tonight.

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by l8braker
    There is an old guy with a moustache and a blue PT in Oakridge. I'll check the plates for you when i'm down that way tonight.
    Cool. I wouldn't do anything to get me in trouble with the law, I like having a clean record, but I think maybe asking for an apology and embarrasing him would be a good lesson for him.

My Ride
    a plane

sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by PINOY-X
    You telling me that if someone made a motion to run you off the road you wouldn't be upset? He came within a foot of my car, I could have reached out and touched his hood.

If you reported him could he get a stunting ticket for that move?
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Just boobs. That's how we party.

My Ride
    a plane

Originally posted by Hakkola

You telling me that if someone made a motion to run you off the road you wouldn't be upset? He came within a foot of my car, I could have reached out and touched his hood.
    dnt get me wrong .. u handled the situation very well
    ..but not everyone has common sense when it comes to driving .. i wud see why ud be upset .. but i dnt see the point of going to the police and wasting ur time and dey probably wnt do anything ..

My Ride
    GTI

I might not go to the police, I know it is likely that they will only leave a note on his file, if even, but maybe they won't be lenient towards him next time he gets pulled over.

My Ride
    2001 BMW 320i

I don't think their going to do much will they?

Cause I've seen A LOT of wreckless drivers and I'd always follow and catch liscense plate numbers... So if Calgary Police did something about it then let me tell you they'd be pretty busy cause of me lol...

Steve

My Ride
    W213

Calgary drivers these days.

Ill guess Ill go on my little rant. Its sorta similar? lol

Anyways I was heading down bow trail and on 9th ave in downtown going probably like 55km/h or so and this guy in a corolla blows by and cuts in front of me nearly clipping my front bumper. I honk and then he gives me the finger. So I thought I would go in the far left lane and see who this douche was. The nose of my car was pretty much at his door and I was about to take a look at him when he decides to move into my lane again. This guy didnt even signal or anything and he was lucky I was right by 5th st there so that there was an extra temporary lane to my left to go to the parkade beside Cowboys. Otherwise I probably woulda hopped a fucking curb and crashed. He was that sudden and quick with moving into my lane again.

So now Im pissed. I speed up and catch up to him and get in front of him by about 2nd st or so and slow down. Made sure the fucker actually stay the speed limit and boxing him in between other cars so that he couldnt cut more people off. He then proceeds to honk me from 1st st all the way to macleod which was where I was turning to go pick up my buddy at the Stampede grounds. Flips on his highbeams and keeps them on till I reached the lights by the humptys there. To my surprise its some 50 year old guy. Looked like Dr. Chandra Suresh from heroes. He starts lipping me off. But his windows were still up Finally realizes I can barely hear a thing he's saying (and likely anything I was saying back to him). Proceeds to call me 3 names: asshole, shithead, fucking shanghai. Then goes on to say 'come over here and I hurt you'

Man was that guy just a moron. I couldnt believe this was the guy that was driving like a jackass and talking a bunch of smack. After about a min waiting at the lights I had enough and just rolled up my windows and waited for the turning light

/end rant

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

If you had seen what a fat fuck in a red minivan did to me on Sunday you woulda shit. He did try and run me off the road...purposely...more than once!

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ Jesus, how did you manage to piss him off THAT much?
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

266-1234
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by spyce
    Calgary drivers these days.

Ill guess Ill go on my little rant. Its sorta similar? lol

Anyways I was heading down bow trail and on 9th ave in downtown going probably like 55km/h or so and this guy in a corolla blows by and cuts in front of me nearly clipping my front bumper. I honk and then he gives me the finger. So I thought I would go in the far left lane and see who this douche was. The nose of my car was pretty much at his door and I was about to take a look at him when he decides to move into my lane again. This guy didnt even signal or anything and he was lucky I was right by 5th st there so that there was an extra temporary lane to my left to go to the parkade beside Cowboys. Otherwise I probably woulda hopped a fucking curb and crashed. He was that sudden and quick with moving into my lane again.

So now Im pissed. I speed up and catch up to him and get in front of him by about 2nd st or so and slow down. Made sure the fucker actually stay the speed limit and boxing him in between other cars so that he couldnt cut more people off. He then proceeds to honk me from 1st st all the way to macleod which was where I was turning to go pick up my buddy at the Stampede grounds. Flips on his highbeams and keeps them on till I reached the lights by the humptys there. To my surprise its some 50 year old guy. Looked like Dr. Chandra Suresh from heroes. He starts lipping me off. But his windows were still up Finally realizes I can barely hear a thing he's saying (and likely anything I was saying back to him). Proceeds to call me 3 names: asshole, shithead, fucking shanghai. Then goes on to say 'come over here and I hurt you'

Man was that guy just a moron. I couldnt believe this was the guy that was driving like a jackass and talking a bunch of smack. After about a min waiting at the lights I had enough and just rolled up my windows and waited for the turning light

/end rant
    Your story brought back bad memories of the weekend!

I was southbound on deerfoot, I took the glenmore exit.. (I was planning to go eastbound) So, if you know that exit ramp, drivers coming off of glenmore to go southbound on deerfoot have TWO yield signs (I believe one on each side of the lane).
    I'm driving straight... probably doing 70 or so since just coming off deerfoot and this douchebag in a newer style black dakota doing roughly the same speed as me decides to run the f'n yield sign without even looking and comes very close to smoking me. I cut over and my mirror was inches away from the concrete barrier. I was sooo pissed off after that. Unfortunatly he was behind me after this so I wasn't able to get a license plate number.

Default Re: Nice old man in a blue PT Cruiser

Originally posted by Hakkola
    On my way back from the gym I took the rd, (not glenmore), from mt royal college to crowchild south, you take a left turn to get onto crowchild and people taking the right turn onto crowchild have a yield sign, I had green and went, the PT decided to ignore the yield and went in front of me, fine, no big deal. He procedes to go 20 around the ramp, fine, no big deal. Then in the merge lane I go, and merge first since he is going slow, then he merges after me and flips the bird, so I blow him a little kiss, it was nice right?

So he turns into the lane beside me since it is a dual lane ramp onto glenmore, I slow down to slightly below limit so I can give him a little smile, and he catches up, and pulls toward my lane like he's going to run me off the road! So, being the calm easy going guy I am, I slowed down and went behind him, took out my phone and took a picture of the car, and took down the license plate.

Older guy with a big grey moustache, blue PT Cruiser, plate YZJ 668. If anyone knows the guy tell him I said hi.

I'm going to call the calgary police service and leave a complaint, anybody know the extension?

I was going to follow him and ask for an apology but I figured there were possible legal issues with that, so I took it easy. When we were beside each other on 14th st I gave him the thumbsup, he should have seen me taking pics.
    Seems to me like you kept provoking the dude. He may be an angry driver, but if you want to have less headaches, why would you lower yourself to his level and keep provoking him?

My Ride
    2001 BMW 320i

Got a qusetion,

If the driver in a car decides to run you off the road and you didn't move or go anywhere and he does hit you... would it be his fault??

and if he does run u off the road you can try doing the P.I.T. on him because he's already made contact with your vehicle and all you gotta do is steer the other way that he's coming in from and it would be all his fault and that'll teach him a lesson to try running people off the road

My Ride
    a plane

yea of course it would be his (guy dat tries to run u over) fault ... its an unsafe lane change and im pretty sure u will get ALOT of witnesses

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast