Quantcast
What would my Civic be worth: 1994 Eg hatch - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What would my Civic be worth: 1994 Eg hatch

My Ride
    reebok Jams

Thumbs up What would my Civic be worth: Mods please close thanks!

MODS PLEASE CLOSE: the purpose of this thread has already been acheived Thanks!!!
    Last edited by jdm_eg6; 08-08-2007 at 09:35 PM.

RIDES: 94' EH2: Sold, 98' DC4 sold, 93 S13 sold, 93 S14 the lead sled

1992 Honda EG6 SiR for sale!:ONLY! $4900.00Message me for more info!

My Ride
    a wrx.

The same as market value for a stock Civic in similar condition. The only major work work mentioning is the swap, but the swap is pretty shitty. A d15b??? Like damn, that does basically nothing. All your mods are pretty ghetto and if anything they just show that the car was driven by a kid that cut corners with his car. Dropzone coils, GR2s, mismatched tires, ghetto HID kit...you can't get any cheaper than that. These are all red flags that tell me to skip to the next ad. Also the fact that you list shit like coolant flush and spark plugs in your ad is pretty weak too. Like c'mon, are you gonna advertise that it comes with a full tank of gas too?

But on the upside, the pictures are nice, the car looks good. I think that'll be the selling point of the car. I would say the car would sell better if you didn't mention all that ghettorigged shit on the car and just showed off as many pictures as possible. As I said, it's worth the same as a stock Civic. Good luck brah.

My Ride
    reebok Jams

haha Top of the line NGK plugs haha, no but seriously. This car is pretty clean, as of now it has nothing mechanically wrong with it and has been well maintained, which is why i would have to agree with the Stock civic similar condition comment which one would be arround 5,500 - 6,000

The D15B is a 130hp motor though so it got only 30 short of the b16 and has a 7250rpm redline... not like the regular D15B7 which has 100hp. and a 6800 rpm redline

And its not cutting corners either, the Dropzones were my first mod and a shitty one to that.
    FIRST:
    The GR-2's were replacement so my car would ride WAY nicer, cutting a corner would be going to Pick and pull and gettin replacment ones.
    SECOND:
    Dropzones i kept because of adjustability otherwize H&R race springs would be in there right now
    THIRD:
    i had the option of puttin a replacment bushing in an old control arm and calling it an end, but i bought Megan Aluminium LCA's so they would be 100% new and improved.
    FOURTH:
    The HID kit works fine, illuminates well and looks great. IF somone has a problem with is quality i have a set of $12.00 H4 OEM bulbs they can have at no cost change...

haha

Coolant flush is a good thing to list too, durring that i checked all other coolant features to make sure everything was looking good, so say i cut corners all you want but not really.
    Last edited by jdm_eg6; 08-08-2007 at 12:51 AM.

My Ride
    Nothing

If you part it out and sell it close to stock maybe you can get more money?

My Ride
    reebok Jams

^ thats what i was thinking, sell as an OEM car then part the peices.

My Ride
    MY97 WRX

I dont see why you couldn't get $6000 out of it.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by jdm_eg6
    haha Top of the line NGK plugs haha, no but seriously. This car is pretty clean, as of now it has nothing mechanically wrong with it and has been well maintained, which is why i would have to agree with the Stock civic similar condition comment which one would be arround 5,500 - 6,000

The D15B is a 130hp motor though so it got only 30 short of the b16 and has a 7250rpm redline... not like the regular D15B7 which has 100hp. and a 6800 rpm redline

And its not cutting corners either, the Dropzones were my first mod and a shitty one to that.
    FIRST:
    The GR-2's were replacement so my car would ride WAY nicer, cutting a corner would be going to Pick and pull and gettin replacment ones.
    SECOND:
    Dropzones i kept because of adjustability otherwize H&R race springs would be in there right now
    THIRD:
    i had the option of puttin a replacment bushing in an old control arm and calling it an end, but i bought Megan Aluminium LCA's so they would be 100% new and improved.
    FOURTH:
    The HID kit works fine, illuminates well and looks great. IF somone has a problem with is quality i have a set of 12.00 H4 OEM bulbs they can have at no cost change...

haha

Coolant flush is a good thing to list too, durring that i checked all other coolant features to make sure everything was looking good, so say i cut corners all you want but not really.
    Are you kidding me?

1. GR2s ride worse than Honda OEM. Of course they'll feel better than worn out OEM shocks, but believe me, new OEM will work better and outlast GR2s any day. They're what, $20 each? Even Munroe Sensatracs from Crappy Tire would be better.

2. Don't make excuses about the Dropzone coils. That's Ebay shit man.

3. I fail to see how Megan Racing is an improvement over OEM. They're just another company known for budget parts that are engineered with low grade metal and all their exhaust parts get a bad rap for poor fitment.

4. If you don't already know the problem with HID kits in a halogen housing, let alone using purple 8000k ones, then you're basically too stupid to see when someone is giving you good advice.

5. No, a coolant flush is not a good thing to list. It's the equivalent of doing an oil change or filling your windshield bottle.

Man, you made a thread asking for feedback, and now you're getting it. Don't be a clown just because you don't like what you're hearing.

My Ride
    reebok Jams

^ not being a clown, just think your being a retard. and overly critical i dont know many people who do coolant flushes as much as oil changes, it is a simple proceidure and its good to know coolant from 1920 isnt in your motor. god knows how its from 1920 but its good to know its fresh. Anyway if you knew anything about the HID bulbs you would know that 8000k are a white blue and the 12,000k are the light purple and 14,000k are the Deep purple. Thanks for the imput but how i can your criticism be taken seriously if even those facts about your defence are wrong.

But im taking it all in mang, its not like its for sale im just adding everything and anything that may make a change and help understand the care taken with the car making sure its maintained, well looked after, and looks 1/2 decent.

My Ride
    06 S2000

You just challenged GTS Jeff in the area of HID's? wow... subscribed.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Lubricates your girls pantys..

Originally posted by jdm_eg6
    ^ not being a clown, just think your being a retard. and overly critical i dont know many people who do coolant flushes as much as oil changes, it is a simple proceidure and its good to know coolant from 1920 isnt in your motor. god knows how its from 1920 but its good to know its fresh. Anyway if you knew anything about the HID bulbs you would know that 8000k are a white blue and the 12,000k are the light purple and 14,000k are the Deep purple. Thanks for the imput but how i can your criticism be taken seriously if even those facts about your defence are wrong.

But im taking it all in mang, its not like its for sale im just adding everything and anything that may make a change and help understand the care taken with the car making sure its maintained, well looked after, and looks 1/2 decent.
    GTS Jeff is as close to a car god as you can get haha he has made every car i've known him to own an immaculate extremely good conditiond vehicle not to put you down or anything but i would take his feed back for gold. it's some of the best info you'll get without going to a library ... and even then it's iffy :-D
    1985 Toyota Corolla - Sold
    1986 Toyota MR2 - Sold
    1990 Eagle Tallon TSI AWD - Traded
    1989 Nissan Silvia Q - Written Off
    1988 Chevy Cavalier - Sold
    1991 Nissan Silvia Q - Traded
    2007 Dodge Dakota - Traded
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - Current
    1991 Toyota Soarer - Sold
    2005 Jeep TJ - Current

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    The same as market value for a stock Civic in similar condition. The only major work work mentioning is the swap, but the swap is pretty shitty. A d15b??? Like damn, that does basically nothing. All your mods are pretty ghetto and if anything they just show that the car was driven by a kid that cut corners with his car. Dropzone coils, GR2s, mismatched tires, ghetto HID kit...you can't get any cheaper than that. These are all red flags that tell me to skip to the next ad. Also the fact that you list shit like coolant flush and spark plugs in your ad is pretty weak too. Like c'mon, are you gonna advertise that it comes with a full tank of gas too?

But on the upside, the pictures are nice, the car looks good. I think that'll be the selling point of the car. I would say the car would sell better if you didn't mention all that ghettorigged shit on the car and just showed off as many pictures as possible. As I said, it's worth the same as a stock Civic. Good luck brah.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff

Are you kidding me?

1. GR2s ride worse than Honda OEM. Of course they'll feel better than worn out OEM shocks, but believe me, new OEM will work better and outlast GR2s any day. They're what, $20 each? Even Munroe Sensatracs from Crappy Tire would be better.

2. Don't make excuses about the Dropzone coils. That's Ebay shit man.

3. I fail to see how Megan Racing is an improvement over OEM. They're just another company known for budget parts that are engineered with low grade metal and all their exhaust parts get a bad rap for poor fitment.

4. If you don't already know the problem with HID kits in a halogen housing, let alone using purple 8000k ones, then you're basically too stupid to see when someone is giving you good advice.

5. No, a coolant flush is not a good thing to list. It's the equivalent of doing an oil change or filling your windshield bottle.

Man, you made a thread asking for feedback, and now you're getting it. Don't be a clown just because you don't like what you're hearing.

plus iirc this car has been in a couple accidents hasn't it?

could you find someone to pay over 5? possibly
    but the car is worth 3500-4000 imo

just look at illeagle's civic that he recently sold, full lip kit (not a knock off, not fiberglass), full coilovers (not ghetto sleeves on ghetto shocks), full exhaust (not something thrown togeather at carline), axis oldschool wheels with brand new rubber, etc. and he sold it for 4 grand.
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/182465/fs...atchback-sold/

civic's are a dime a dozen and their re-sale really isn't that high, esspecially on eg's.

here are some more examples of what you can get for 6 grand or less...

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/184696/fs...gsr-swap-4900/
    97 hatch, gsr swap, 5500

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/184585/fs-96-civic-hatch/
    96 civic with similar mods to you, 5000 obo

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...hreadid=183715
    96 civic with an h22 swap and all kinds of other stuff, 5000

eg's just aren't worth that much any more.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Lamborgotti Fasterossa XT 550

Not worth much nowadays but still high in demand. If you put it up for 4-5k it would probaly be gone in 2 weeks if not 1 good luck if your selling it.

Geese I've been out of the Honda scene for a long time. I can't believe they are that cheap now! 5 Grand for a modified Civic? Holy molly! Do hatches make good auto cross cars? I would love a pure auto cross car that I could beat on without feeling bad.
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/109773/fs...6a2-mods-sold/

he sold it a little over 7000, and he has MUCH MUCH more work done than you do, and I'm positive it was by FAR cleaner.

you'll NEVER get the money you but into your car back when you try and sell it. Good luck.

My Ride
    Wheel hops

No offence but if you got 6g's for your car i'd be pretty pissed lol. My 92 SI Went for $7000, and anyone who knows me knows that I had alloooooooooooooooot of money put into it by me.
    Last edited by Sparx; 08-08-2007 at 11:19 AM.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by Toms-SC
    Geese I've been out of the Honda scene for a long time. I can't believe they are that cheap now! 5 Grand for a modified Civic? Holy molly! Do hatches make good auto cross cars? I would love a pure auto cross car that I could beat on without feeling bad.

Coilover suspension, gutted interior and caged.

He's consitently running fastest times with the other NA vehicles at the Secret Street Auto-x events with a basicly stock b16 engine.

Was fastest NA car by 5 seconds at SCC I beleive he was saying.

My Ride
    2005 Tacoma, 2008 M3

If you don't have any rust I'd say you could get 6000-6800 because of the low km (160km) and the mods. It looks super clean, good luck with the sale.

Thank you. I know what my next toy will be
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

I'd give you around 4K for it.

Wait.....

Oil Changes every 3,000kms with PENSOIL Full Syntec with adaptive molecules

Make that $4,000.75.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by QuasarCav
    I'd give you around 4K for it.

Wait.....

Oil Changes every 3,000kms with PENSOIL Full Syntec with adaptive molecules

Make that $4,000.75.
    You must really dig those adaptive molecules!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast