Thread: sick of the calgary CPS!

My Ride
    91 PP1 - 93 EH6 - 01 BB6

I would have called the cops..

oh wait..

Does your buddy have Nex?

My Ride
    95 Del Sol

The whole story started last friday. A few of us came back from downtown and noticed there were bottles in the parking lot; didn't think much of it. We went up to buddy's apartment and started drinking on his balcony. Then we notice the lights and sirens pulling in, about 7 cop cars. We were watching from above and neighbor below says that there were bottles being thrown from our building. The police notice us looking on, drinking our beers, shining their spotlights up...

FF to last night; few of us over at buddy's drinking, with our music turned up a notch to loud. I was purusing beyond as usual when 'knock knock'. Buddy opens door and gets shoved in by the neck and all of us in there start yelling at the cop. The cops then go on by accusing us of throwing bottles (sees beer on the table). There were also FULL CASES of empty beer, ready to be recycled, which we pointed out. They didn't even mention anything about a noise complaint, they just wanted to blame someone for the bottle incident.

You should have got their badge #'s and reported them...

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Originally posted by Toms-SC
    meow what were you saying?

Originally posted by Euro_Trash
    License and registration... chicken fuckers!

Originally posted by viff3r

Originally posted by Canmorite

I wasn't throwing bottles meow.

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Nothing......

this thread made me take a trip to the roflbrothel!!!

Dear lord I didn't expect to split a gut reading a CPS complaint thread

Super Troopers MEow
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    my bike

come on meow lets all be serious.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Originally posted by RaptorGJC
    The whole story started last friday. A few of us came back from downtown and noticed there were bottles in the parking lot; didn't think much of it. We went up to buddy's apartment and started drinking on his balcony. Then we notice the lights and sirens pulling in, about 7 cop cars. We were watching from above and neighbor below says that there were bottles being thrown from our building. The police notice us looking on, drinking our beers, shining their spotlights up...

FF to last night; few of us over at buddy's drinking, with our music turned up a notch to loud. I was purusing beyond as usual when 'knock knock'. Buddy opens door and gets shoved in by the neck and all of us in there start yelling at the cop. The cops then go on by accusing us of throwing bottles (sees beer on the table). There were also FULL CASES of empty beer, ready to be recycled, which we pointed out. They didn't even mention anything about a noise complaint, they just wanted to blame someone for the bottle incident.
    Wrong place at the wrong time? Buddies got to smarten up a little. If you are asking for trouble, you may just get it.

My Ride
    Jasons mom

Am i leaping all nimbly pimbly from tree to tree? Do you see me drinking milk from a saucer?

My Ride
    02 GTI(rip) 03 jetta 1.8T on 19's

Originally posted by Brownwonder
    You should have got their badge #'s and reported them...
    done and done

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Wouldnt mind some input from a cop, as to what exactly happens when they are reported, and how long does it stay on record, guilty or not?

My Ride

Well if a police officer can get drunk as fuck, drive around and get caught, and only get a slap on the wrist and a paid vacation (suspension), I doubt anything will actually be done about this.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Originally posted by 5hift
    Well if a police officer can get drunk as fuck, drive around and get caught, and only get a slap on the wrist and a paid vacation (suspension), I doubt anything will actually be done about this.
    But if we don't do anything about it, for sure nothing will happen.

^ not unless it's on youtube
    Mr. Peanut (Niel): George... I win

I've had issues with the police as well.
    During election time, I was out biking around around 2am with 2 friends, headed out to the spot we were going to session a few drunks were yelling at us and one threw an empty two-six at me and it smashed in the street... We just kept riding and ignored it. Headed home along the main drag in Scenic Acres all of the election signs except for one had been destroyed (occured on a nightly basis so police were out trying to track down who did it).. Anyways, I was riding pretty quickly and I rode underneath one of the bigger signs and ducked down, didn't even touch the sign.. And then I stopped to wait for my friends, and realized that there was a cruiser stopped in the middle of the street on the opposite side of the street, he then flicked his lights on and I realized that he was coming after me and my friends...

We then just continued biking down another street, only to have a different cruiser pull up on the sidewalk and block us from continuing, so we stopped and they got out and asked us for ID and what we were doing out so late.. A few seconds later the origional cop car ripped up, out jumps 2 more cops, one of which was screaming saying "didn't you realize when I stopped I wanted to talk" and I asked him if he had rolled his window down or waved for me to come over at all and he said "no why would you expect me to do that"... I didn't bother replying to that because I knew that he was a douche so I just sat down on the curb, They then split us up and moved our bikes away from where we were and placed us under arrest for public mischeif, I asked why and apparently they watched us smashing one of the signs.. Which we didn't.. Shortly after another cruiser showed up and just parked and watched what was going on then took off with his lights on when watching someone blow through a stop sign 20 feet away.

They then asked us each for our home phone number so they could contact our parents to let them know we were all out.. Me and one of my friends went smoothly.. and the 3rd of us asked why do you need to tell my parents? they know where I am.. The cop then proceeded to grab my friend by the throat and shove him back first up against a tree that was near the curb... I asked what was going on, only to be shoved face first against a cruiser and be handcuffed and was told I am being "detained"... My friend was thrown on the ground and the officer began screaming about how we could go to jail, etc etc.

In the end they asked why we weren't wearing helmets, told us that it is illegal and that they could fine us, then told us to ride home, without helmets, and they shadowed us back to my place and told me to get my parents.. They explained to my parents that we were out smashing things, and then just simply left.

It was seriously super screwed up.. My buddy who was shoved and choked by the officer wasn't really smart enough to report it, and figured that they would believe the officer over us.. And a few months later he realized maybe he should have done it.. hahah not very bright.

That is seriously my longest post ever on any message board, wow.

LOL I wonder how many of you guys will read it.

Originally posted by 5hift
    Are you talking about the CPS traffic unit officer who was on duty, drinking, and actually responded to a DUI call and was busted on scene? Or another officer?

Originally posted by l8braker

Are you talking about the CPS traffic unit officer who was on duty, drinking, and actually responded to a DUI call and was busted on scene? Or another officer?
    wtf i am so out of the loop, i need to catch on the internet thing.

as for the other post, good read i was hoping that you situation would end better tho

I'd like to know of what officer, anywhere, that got a slap on a wrist after being convicted of DUI.

Allegations are one thing, facts are another. Or don't cops have same rights as others in this country? There a couple coppers before the courts on charges. They have a lawyer and a judge and all the rest that is afforded to everyone else in this country. Until they are convicted of the charge they are innocent until proven guilty. They are on ammistrative leave until that fact, but since they have not been proven to have done anything wrong, just like every other person in this country, they aren't punished. They aren't working either because the public feels that's a conflict of interest, so they are limbo.

I know of 1 copper that was convicted of DUI. On top of the court penalties the service I believe demoted him back to 5th class constable. So he got around a $20g a year paycut. With a family and a morgage that is a huge punishment. I don't know of any other job that will punish someone like that for a DUI conviction.

For the above incident my understanding the S/Sgt had 1 drink, said as much when he was called out from off-duty and everything was fine until someone that was discontented with the service leaked it to the media in an effort to embarrass it. The resulting investigation confirmed he was not intoxicated and was at the scene as an advisory function and in no way the fact he had a drink interfered with anything.

Of course the media once it makes the initial report they do not follow it up and no one ever knows the outcome.

As our own association tells recruits when they are hired. They can help them in most situations, but if you are caught DUI, you are screwed and on your own.
    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong....I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives.

My Ride
    Model S

A 20k paycut for 1 drink? I am skeptical of that too.

My Ride
    whatevers at the end of the driveway

Originally posted by googe
    A 20k paycut for 1 drink? I am skeptical of that too.
    You may want to read that post over again. It was two different stories. The cop who lost 20k in pay was convicted of DUI, with no mention of how many he had or how far over he was. The second story was of the incident l8braker mentioned about a cop responding to a DUI. He had one drink, was there as an advisor.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast