Quantcast
New BMW 7 series - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New BMW 7 series

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default New BMW 7 series

Saw it in real life for the first time today. I hated it in the magazine pictures. The writers say it looks better in person. It doesn't. There's something majorly wrong with the back of the car. How can BMW release this car? The front looks great, the fenders look like a wide body kit. But I can't stand the back of the damn thing...
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2014 GLK350, 2013 GL550, 07 SL65AMG, 2013 f-150

But I can't stand the back of the damn thing...
    I agree, not a fan of the design of the back. Rest of the car looks alright.

My Ride
    GTI

Yeah, I saw it at chinook about a week or so ago, it's nasty. It's like it's giving birth to a dodge ram out of it's ass.

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

Default Re: New BMW 7 series

Originally posted by rage2
    Saw it in real life for the first time today. I hated it in the magazine pictures. The writers say it looks better in person. It doesn't. There's something majorly wrong with the back of the car. How can BMW release this car? The front looks great, the fenders look like a wide body kit. But I can't stand the back of the damn thing...
    i agree with u rage, that thing is frickin ugly from behind

Dont know what they look like

In other news, I saw an SL500 the other day. Mmmm!

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Originally posted by Evan
    In other news, I saw an SL500 the other day. Mmmm!
    I can top that.

Saw an AMG S55 on Sarcee, then today I saw an AMG C32. All I can say is DAMN!

My Ride
    Brick Type R, SC AW11, Alcyone

So many AMGs in Vancouver.... its like you name the model and its pretty much down there....

mm... SL500's are so
    omgwtfbbq

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

im in HK rit enow ;P i saw nothing but benz/BMW/Lexus so far... already saw like 5 of those new BMW 7-seris.. so tempted to try driving on the left side of the road..

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Saw one next to my brother's acupuncturist's office. I think it looks alright except for the rear... But 245's in the front and 275's in the back on 19's...

I think the rear looks pretty good really... maybe I'm the only one that likes it.

It doesn't really 'fit' the personality of the car (luxoboat) but it looks good nonetheless
    personally the front kinda pisses me off!

My Ride
    NC1

You guys all suck!

I think the BMW 7 series is one of the nicest cars on the road! To each his own
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

That is one AMAZING car , At the new car show this year I just sat in it and played around with shit for like 20 minutes, SOOOOO many crazy gadgets! it has a fricken fridge!
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    GTI

Lot's of car's have fridges, even the a version of the volvo s80 had a fridge in it last year, I think it was called the executive model or something, dvd player and t.v, we were gonna get one but the interior doesn't have many choices for colours among other things.

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Oh, i know other cars have come with fridges before(like vans in the 80's etc...), i just love that car! its rediculous how pimped it is!
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by James
    That is one AMAZING car , At the new car show this year I just sat in it and played around with shit for like 20 minutes, SOOOOO many crazy gadgets! it has a fricken fridge!
    I haven't played with the gadgets, I heard it was cool (if you're geeky like me). But that behind really bothers me...
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    AI Servo

I've seen quite a few actually. JR Shaw, the owner of Shaw Cable owns a black one. I've seen a silver one as well.

In fact, I really like the look of the entire car including the tail end. Six speed sequential automatic tranny. Man, if I was 50 years old and had gobs of cash, this car would be a good choice although the SL55 would be another strong candidate.

My Ride
    01 330i

I dunno with others cars in the BMW lineup, such as the M3, M5, Z8, I think the 7 series lacks what the others have. I know this car is suppose to appeal to a different market, and it was made for luxury not sportyness but I think the lines are sooo frickin boring. However the interior is amazing, so many cool gadgets to play with.

IMO overall 7 series =

I've seen a ton of the new 7 Series, and I have to say that my initial opinion was the same as Rage's. The other day, though, I had one pull by me in traffic (silver) and it just looked beautiful. I think I have mixed feelings about the car, but I have a feeling that it will grow on me.

As for the comment on it not being built for sportiness.. that is simply not true. It has extremely aggressive tires/wheels, excellent suspension, incredible steering and a remarkable engine/transmission. For a car that weighs as much as it does, and is as large as it does, it virtually performs like a sportscar.

What you have to remember is that the car is built to compete with the S-Class (and to a lesser extent the A8/S8). When compared to the S-Class, the 7 Series are far more sporty, and have greatly superior performance. What remains to be seen is when an M7 or performance version will emerge to combat the S55 (to be fair to the 745i, it is not far off of the S55s performance already). I think Mercedes made a great move by extending their AMG models throughout their entire line.

For a king of industry with megabucks, it is a megacruiser. The new iDrive mechanism is actually really cool, and the cars toys are second to none (at least at the moment). Can't wait to see the new S-Class in 3-4 years.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by E36M3
    What remains to be seen is when an M7 or performance version will emerge to combat the S55 (to be fair to the 745i, it is not far off of the S55s performance already). I think Mercedes made a great move by extending their AMG models throughout their entire line.
    For some odd reason, BMW never makes M versions of the 7 series. M cars always has manual or SMG trannies, and 7 series never got one. The current BMW 7's will outperform the current S55 AMG's, but in September (2003 model year), the S, CL, SL, and E AMG cars are all getting the 479/500hp V8 compressor engine. Let's hope BMW steps up to the plate and drive the HP numbers up in this HP war =).

For some odd reason, BMW never makes M versions of the 7 series. M cars always has manual or SMG trannies, and 7 series never got one. The current BMW 7's will outperform the current S55 AMG's, but in September (2003 model year), the S, CL, SL, and E AMG cars are all getting the 479/500hp V8 compressor engine. Let's hope BMW steps up to the plate and drive the HP numbers up in this HP war =).
    True. I'd be amazed if BMW didn't release a performance version of the 7. Seems they stopped the M series at the M6, but I can't imagine they won't take a shot at the new S55.

An interesting development at BMW is releasing very sporty versions of certain cars in non-M form, with setups that scream M. For example, The X5 4.6 and the Z8. Maybe they will make a special 7 with the *rumored* V10 from the M5. That would be truly special.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast