Quantcast
Which car would you picK? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Which car would you picK?

i really dont understand how im being ignorant, i stated my opinion; the supra is a better car than the rx7... most of the ppl on here agree with me.

sure you can tune the rx7 alot but still... the platform isnt near as great as the supra's, even tho the rx7 will own the supra on a road course forsure, i'll admit that...

but when it comes to straight lines... a supra with +800rwhp would probly run low 10's correct? a rx7 doing the same amont would probly be really close thats forsure... still any camaro/stang with the same amount of HP at the wheels as the supra/rx7 will own them by a full second in a 1/4mile.. IMO

as for the argument, fuck it, its done with.. im off to outlaws to get pissed

paace

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by Wildcat
    still any camaro/stang with the same amount of HP at the wheels as the supra/rx7 will own them by a full second in a 1/4mile.. IMO
    Why would you say that? An rx7 with the same hp as a camaro/stang would absolutely walk all those 2 domestics. hell so woudl the supra those are unbelievable at getting power to the ground.

My Ride
    1989 Ford Mustang

i really dont understand how im being ignorant, i stated my opinion; the supra is a better car than the rx7... most of the ppl on here agree with me.

sure you can tune the rx7 alot but still... the platform isnt near as great as the supra's, even tho the rx7 will own the supra on a road course forsure, i'll admit that...

but when it comes to straight lines... a supra with +800rwhp would probly run low 10's correct? a rx7 doing the same amont would probly be really close thats forsure... still any camaro/stang with the same amount of HP at the wheels as the supra/rx7 will own them by a full second in a 1/4mile.. IMO

paace
    More like mid to high 10's with a decent driver.

But like I said, give an RX-7 a Supra equal HP and torque numbers and the Mazda will probably edge out the Toyota. A stock FD weighs about 2700lbs, and a stock Supra goes for 3350lbs. With properly positioned modifications (single turbo, turbo maintanence, cams, ect), a 700hp RX-7 would weight close to 3200lbs. A 700hp Supra would be around 3500. Combined with the superb aerodynamics of the 7, this makes for about mid to low 10's.

That said, it's probably cheaper and faster to pump up those numbers from the Supra's 2JZ-GTE engine. But of course, Supra's are essentially Japan's responce to the muscle car. And RX-7 is Mazda's responce to Porsche and BMW. To say that these cars are in the same league would be wrong, because they aren't even in the same ballpark. It's like comparing a Yenko with a 350 smallblock to a Civic with a turbo and a swap.

Two different cars, too many different factors, and lots of different competitions. Just stop making false statements and learn something about the potential of the 13B as well as the 2JZ.
    -Rob, Wannabe Director
    1987 Ford Mustang 2.3L Turbo

My Ride
    1989 Ford Mustang

On the Stang/Camaro - it really depends on how finely tuned all the cars are. Undoubetly the Camaros and Mustangs would have much higher torque. It also depends on if the cars are street or drag.
    -Rob, Wannabe Director

My Ride
    1989 s10

id take the supra ANY DAY!!! none of those cars on that list even compare to it!!

-danny

My Ride
    2019 RS3, Corolla winter beater

I had no idea I would stir up the pot like this with my original post. Great discussion though!!! It'll make a decision between these cars that much more difficult, but at least it'll be an informed one. You really can't go wrong with any of these cars, they all have their strengths and weaknesses. As several ppl mentioned it all depends on what the overall intended purpose will be for this car. I'm thinking more of a nice project car, weekend driver with a focus on huge power potential but can also hold its own in the twisties. I wish I could afford one of each but then again if I had that kinda cash I'd just buy a 993 or 996 911 TT.

Is it that some people are hooked on the "supra" because of the fast and the furious?
    2002 Milano Red RSX-S w/ some stuff

lammer Guest

Originally posted by a_peep
    Is it that some people are hooked on the "supra" because of the fast and the furious?
    the rx-7 was in it..

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

this thread has turned into a Mustang VS Camaro arument with an import twist. Let it be, In terms of over all tunability, 1/4 mile, Handling, and aftermarket following, The Supra wins. It's a close battle, and there are people who often pick the 7 because of that sleek look or sumthin, but the Supra is more versatile, reliable, and easier to create what your want out of it for less cash than a 7. Both great cars, just the supra is a bit better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

Originally posted by lammer

the rx-7 was in it..
    But not the main car that can beat ferrari's like the Supra can.
    2002 Milano Red RSX-S w/ some stuff

My Ride
    2019 RS3, Corolla winter beater

Actually my ideal car would fit along the following parameters, and of course price would be a concern which rules out any exotics:

-light, under 3000lbs and even better between 2600-2800
    -awd
    -2 door, 2 seats
    -smaller engine w/ FI preferably (iron block) OR larger displ NA high tech motor
    -mid or rear engine
    -pushing 300+ hp stock with reasonable torque lvl

sounds like an impossible combo right? oh well one can always dream

My Ride
    2010 GLK350 4MATIC, 2006 SLK350

Questions like these tend to lead to arguments...

But not the main car that can beat ferrari's like the Supra can.
    We're comparing Japanese super cars to ferraris now? hehe

Hmm...I'd go with the NSX; even though I am an RX-7 fan...

Originally posted by STI-Guy

. With properly positioned modifications (single turbo, turbo maintanence, cams, ect), a 700hp RX-7 would weight close to 3200lbs. A 700hp Supra would be around 3500. Combined with the superb aerodynamics of the 7, this makes for about mid to low 10's.

k. It's like comparing a Yenko with a 350 smallblock to a Civic with a turbo and a swap.
    haha..cams...rx-7..

Are you saying a modded rx-7 or supra weighs more than stock?
    Kinda confused..correct me if i am mistaken.
    It should actually be lighter, besides wheels. The stock turbo plumbing and turbo/cast manifolds on both cars are really quite heavy and replacing them with a stainless tubular manifold as well as changing to an after market exhaust saves alot of weight on the car.

And please dont ever compare a civic motor to a 13b again :b
    jk
    haha

My Ride
    something green

paace
    This guy is the first car I would like to test my new turbo setup on....

Originally posted by Joe Malms

haha..cams...rx-7..

And please dont ever compare a civic motor to a 13b again :b
    jk
    haha

Maxt
    Too loud for Aspen

first of all it's obvious almost none of you are real drivers or have actually driven half, if any, of these cars. The greatest test of a sports car is not it's 0-60 time, it's top speed, or even how fast it can go in a 1/4 mile. Those mean nothing. It's all about how fast a car can lap a road course. Let Tom Kristensen drive all those cars around a road course and it wouldn’t even be funny. The NSX would out lap any of those cars by at least a few seconds if not more. It's a much more superior driving machine than the Supra or RX-7. Time to stop watching F&F three times per day boys. Sure everyone can have their own opinion and pick a Chevette if they want. I have no problem with that, but some comments made on this thread were pretty ignorant.

Originally posted by BigMass
    first of all it's obvious almost none of you are real drivers or have actually driven half, if any, of these cars. .

Dont assume!!!
    Why does everyone on this board assume so much!
    Im no pro driver, regular joe (malms) to be matter of fact.
    But i've driven every car on that list..numerous times.

here's an interesting article (although i prefer real world personal experience) that shows the supra and rx-7 definetely can hang with the nsx in terms of being a balanced sports car.

http://www.scuderiaciriani.com/rx7/m...article01.html

http://www.scuderiaciriani.com/rx7/m...article02.html

http://www.scuderiaciriani.com/rx7/m...article02.html
    Last edited by Joe Malms; 06-29-2003 at 01:13 PM.

My Ride
    1989 Ford Mustang

first of all it's obvious almost none of you are real drivers or have actually driven half, if any, of these cars. The greatest test of a sports car is not it's 0-60 time, it's top speed, or even how fast it can go in a 1/4 mile. Those mean nothing. It's all about how fast a car can lap a road course. Let Tom Kristensen drive all those cars around a road course and it wouldn’t even be funny. The NSX would out lap any of those cars by at least a few seconds if not more. It's a much more superior driving machine than the Supra or RX-7. Time to stop watching F&F three times per day boys. Sure everyone can have their own opinion and pick a Chevette if they want. I have no problem with that, but some comments made on this thread were pretty ignorant.
    Take your own advice. I've driven ALL of these cars and know exactly what I'm talking about. But thats beside the point when comparing facts. The NSX outhandles the RX7 but the torque and acceleration more than compensate for it.
    -Rob, Wannabe Director

My Ride
    95 TSi AWD, 05 300C

The NSX would out lap any of those cars by at least a few seconds if not more.
    that's probably true...stock. But take the amount of money you spend on the NSX, subract what you'd spend on a supra, take the difference and spend it on mods for the supra, so you've effectively spent the same amount on both cars....the NSX would not stand a snowball's chance in hell.

boostn did not ask what was the best car out of the list - he asked what we would pick.....big difference.

My Ride
    92 240 w/some mods 87 Corolla GTS

Originally posted by Boostn

It's too bad the last Skyline GT-R never made it here in LHD format... if so, then I would also seriously consider it. Now that would have made the decision so much tougher. Man I love variety and competition! Just wondering what the next gen one will be like? Will it retain the awd, twin turbo and inline 6 platform? Only time will tell...
    Well it may have not been made in LHD, but there is a company in Cali that does the LHD conversion. If you watch Grip Video Vol2 it mentions it. OH yeah NSX are cool but for what its worth to modify is just not worth it. Isn't the supercharger alone almost 10000? Thats a large chunk of change considering if you bought a supra and put 10000 into it, it could easily make double what the NSX would. It all depends though what you want a fast car that handles ok or a simi fast car that handels awsome?

You spend money you dont have to buy things you dont need to impress people you dont like

The only replacment for displacement is money.

My Ride
    92 240 w/some mods 87 Corolla GTS

Originally posted by DonJuan
    this thread has turned into a Mustang VS Camaro arument with an import twist. Let it be, In terms of over all tunability, 1/4 mile, Handling, and aftermarket following, The Supra wins. It's a close battle, and there are people who often pick the 7 because of that sleek look or sumthin, but the Supra is more versatile, reliable, and easier to create what your want out of it for less cash than a 7. Both great cars, just the supra is a bit better.
    HMM maybe thats why sp engineering swaped out the rotary in favor of something piston driven!! Theres also a guy in the states that has installed a SR20det into his FD as well.

You spend money you dont have to buy things you dont need to impress people you dont like

The only replacment for displacement is money.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast