Quantcast
Racing accident on 68th: uninvolved injured, 2nd racer caught! *updated* - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Racing accident on 68th: uninvolved injured, 2nd racer caught! *updated*

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

First off, I would like to send Jacksuns Son, his wife and himself the best of luck in all aspects and angles with this extremely unfortunate situation.

Best of luck on Recovering to Jacksuns Son!!

After reading the situation, my mind instantly redirected itself to the media blown Ferrrari and Lamborghini situation we recently and now constantly hear about just outside the city.

This is EXACTLY what could have happened with those guys. Trying to make their racing better by doing it out on a country road rather than the city. I know 68th is alot more populated with vehicles than the road the exotic posse tore up. The fact of the matter is ....it doesn't matter where you race, this shit can happen anywhere.
    And it did!

When are people gonna learn. Being able to afford nice cars, quick cars, etc. Does not make you invincible. No amount of confidence in the world can save you from a situation like this.

KEEP IT AT THE DAMN TRACK ASSHOLES!!!!!!
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

Originally posted by jacksun
    Unfortunately I am not certain if any of the charges carry mandatory appearances in court or if they are just fines that can be paid without appearance.
    Yeah, I'm sure they will lay several charges. All the applicable ones for the driving part, but they will surely also do Criminal Negligence. It is an idictable offence. Frankly, I don't really care about the age of the BMW driver, or how many kids he has, or if he's a wonderful guy, blah blah blah. Lock this SOB up.

From our criminal code:

221. Every one who by criminal negligence causes bodily harm to another person is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

hope your son avoids any life long injuries.

was the bmw the same generation as the white one or was it older/newer?
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Wow, all the best to you guys throughout this ordeal. He is lucky he has a great set of parents.

Odd how there has been zero media coverage of this. Perhaps that may lead to some tips to the darker BMW?

My Ride
    240sx

Court appearance is mandatory for street racing and speeding over 50km/h isnt it?

My Ride
    NC1

Wow. Unreal.

I hope your son is OK and the BMW drivers get what's coming to them.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

man it's sad to hear something like this happen to an innocent person.... if anything the driver of the BMW deserves to be where your son is at... best of luck to your son and i hope for a speedy recovery

My Ride
    bmw

maybe post up as much detail about the second car as you can. I'm always around that area. If it is dark blue it's definately less common, is it 2 door? new generation?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by jacksun
    Apparently the second BMW may have been a darker blue color, not black, and after the accident he took off down 32nd avenue, not down 68th street.
    Originally posted by 85regal
    maybe post up as much detail about the second car as you can. I'm always around that area. If it is dark blue it's definately less common, is it 2 door? new generation?
    That would be Carbon Black. Looks either dark blue under direct sunlight, super dark blue in very bright light, or black after dusk lighting. Think Carbon paper, that's the color. It's a VERY common color, more common than jet black. My car's carbon black, and it's regularly mistaken for a black car even tho it's a dark blue.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2001 BMW 320i

Hmm that guy in the white bimmer should be charged, and Ican say lawsuit for certain problems in the future. Screw this guy in the Bimmer forever!

People should not be street racing anymore! Grr that's bad...

Hope your son recovers fast!

was the second BMW modded in anyway?
    "Men fear what they dont understand, hate what they cant conquer ..

... Guess its just the fury of man".

Somebody gotta tell you this//Cancer kills way more Americans than any Arabic terrorist//We use more money to fight them then findin a cure//So a little kid sits there with his kemotherapist//Hair fallin out while his vital signs weaken//He'll be dead while his parents are in debt for his treatment// - Crooked I

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

I hope your Son recovers quickly and with no lasting injuries.

As unfortunate as the collision is (I refuse to call something like this an accident, because it was completely preventable if the asshats in the BMWs had been thinking with the right heads) I hope everyone takes a hard look at this and thinks about it next time they think that driving like a moron on the street is a good idea.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Wow.

I wish your son and your family the best and hope he makes a speedy recovery.

hoping for quick recovery of your son..... sorry to hear about that.

all have been said about the two street racers..... i just hope they go to jail.... no money can serve justice to what happened to the innocent victims......

My Ride
    A Slow Car

I would like to apologize for my wrong information about "The guy in the volvo was a paramedic and was coming home from his shift" This information was given to me by a police officer who was at the scene of the accident. He also said that, "They found the other driver in his BMW thanks to the public who wrote his license plates down"

That said, I hope and pray that your son has a fast recovery and start living his regular life very soon without any aches and pains.
    I myself got into an accident back in Oct and was hit by a drunk driver who ran a red light. I know what it's like to go through this, but in your case, it's a totally different. Best of luck to your son and to your family and once again, I hope he has a fast recovery.

Street racing fucking sucks ass...TAKE IT TO THE TRACK.

R!zz0.
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

sorry to hear...

street racing is stupid...oh right they drive bmws they are not stupid...at all

take it to the track...

hope your son recovers...best of wishes

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

Wow that is terrible news and I hope the fuckers in the BMW are found and brought to justice

Speedy recovery to your son and I wish you as a family all the very best under the circumstances.

Keep us updated.

i am really sorry to hear about this. best of luck to your family. and i hope those guys that were racing actually get what they deserve. i hope they aren't kids, and their parents buy their freedom.

has anyone even heard about this on the news or newspaper? b/c this is all new to me.

That is fantastic news that the other driver was caught.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast