Quantcast
Tire Tax ? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Tire Tax ?

My Ride
    2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V

Default Tire Tax ?

I've got the standard rims/rubber/springs coming and was wondering about tire tax. I was reading over the law, its chapter E-8.3 of the Environment tax act. And it says I should be paying 2$ per tire for tax. My invoice says 4$ per tire for tax. Also I was wondering if I was just buying new tires and not leaving them any old ones do I even have to pay the tax at all ? ... I thought the tax was just for disposing of the tires. Any similar experiences ... anyone know the standard ?

Thanks.

My Ride
    2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V

Default Posted to soon

For anyone else who is interested ...

http://www.trma.com

"A Legislated Fee – the cost of recycling scrap tires is paid through the Advance Disposal Surcharge (the Surcharge) remitted on the sale of new tires."

and ..

"The $4.00 fee collected on the sale of new tires is being effectively managed to solve Alberta’s scrap tire challenge."

Thanks anyways .

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

I have tires to get rid of but where do i take them? They are tiger paws 205/85/14 with about 50% tread... if someone wants them they are yours...
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Originally posted by ~$eanith~
    I have tires to get rid of but where do i take them? They are tiger paws 205/85/14 with about 50% tread... if someone wants them they are yours...

City Landfill takes tires.

My Ride
    WIP

I'd think anywhere they sell used tires. They'll probably dispose of them for you, maybe for a fee. The place that you originally bought them from should take them back free of charge, and properly get rid of them or something.

Personally I don't think tires can be recycled properly, you can't burn em, and you can't remelt them, the rubber I believe is the kind that can only be molded once and thats it, if you try to remelt it, it gets tough and hard, and is no good.

Again though, talk to the place where you bought them, the tire tax you've paid should mean that there is a place to get rid of them, wich doesn't mean the landfill.

My Ride
    Brick Type R, SC AW11, Alcyone

Originally posted by ~$eanith~
    Let me check the sizes on the other cars at home and I'll get back to you...

hmm... more drifting tires on the pontiac
    omgwtfbbq

Default Re: Tire Tax ?

Originally posted by 2k3sonataglx
    ...and was wondering about tire tax.
    It's a fee and not a tax so it's subject to GST! Great! That'll be $4.28 per tire, please.

Originally posted by 2k3sonataglx
    "A Legislated Fee – ..."

My Ride
    Lifted 4.0L H.O.

Its for disposal and recycling of tires and all the environmental stuff
    Rev high, ride low.