Quantcast
Warning: 32ave NE Mr.Lube - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warning: 32ave NE Mr.Lube

Default Warning: 32ave NE Mr.Lube

Just thought I would warn everyone about the Mr.Lube on 32nd ave NE (same parking lot as A&W, by Sobeys, etc)

I had issues with them in the past regarding a stripped oil pan and I was able to come to a satisfactory resolution with the previous management. So I go in today to get my last free oil change and their is new managment. I tell the tech's that my file with them notes my scenario and how I am entitled to one last free oil change, they look at, call the management over, he looks at it and walks away, saying nothing to me.

I assume it all makes sense to them and they continue doing my engine flush, oil change, etc etc and at the end they attempt to bill me for the oil change. I point out that this is a mistake, the manager comes back over, seems agitated and asks me if I have a hardcopy showing that I am owed this, I say No but point out that I read it off THEIR screen (along with him, and 3 other techs). After he goes off without saying anything to his office he comes back, clearly pissed off, and begins to tell me how he doesn't have to honor anything because the agreement was made with old managment, after a brief discussion my bill is corrected.

They clearly tried to "sneak" the charges past me, which is shady, the new manager was unprofessional and I was in awe when he claimed he did not have to honor the company's commitment since it was agreed to by old management. He also goes on to claim that the tech could just be a friend of mine who added that to my file today, which is a stretch considering the file in the computer was dated.

Anyway, not here to trash anybody, just wanted to tell everyone about the experience and let them make their own calls about what was right/wrong with the way it was handled.

On the off chance any of the tech's that work there are on beyond, you guys have for the most part always done a great job for me and are always friendly to deal with so my issue is not with you guys, just the new management.

pfft thats what u get for not doing your own fluids, how long does it take 20mins if that

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

^

Really, you get a shithead manager trying to screw you out of something you are entitled too by not doing your own oil change? S.T.F.U.

edit - he can't do it himself anyways, his fingers are broken.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 08-17-2007 at 02:22 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    cars

You must not care about your car very much if you take it to Mr. Lube. IMO

did you end up havin to pay for it?

My Ride
    2015 MK7 GTI

OP sounds like a difficult customer if he got a bunch of free oil changes because of a stripped pan.

I would have just had them rethread it.

Or no wait I would have done everything myself in my garage

Personally, I'd never go back to a place for more "FREE OF" what they fucked up to begin with.

The manager should have said something before the oil change. He probably could have gotten away with not honouring it under new management, but why would he... it cost's like $50 dollars and then you don't have to worry about someone bad mouthing you. But I guess in the end it didn't work out that way for him.

Life's harsh.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, The Milky Way . . .

you better hope that they used new fluids for you...

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

Originally posted by ricosuave
    you better hope that they used new fluids for you...
    or that there is actually fluids hahaha, don't piss off people working on your car if you don't know how to do it yourself! no way you'd know they're messing around w/ you
    Last edited by ga16i; 08-17-2007 at 03:08 PM.
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride
    02 Civic LX

^

Really, you get a shithead manager trying to screw you out of something you are entitled too by not doing your own oil change? S.T.F.U.

Not everyone has somewhere to do their own oil changes.

This reminds me I need to change my oil today... or take it somewhere and pay for a knucklehead to do it...sigh

My Ride
    2008 Z06

Where do people go for oil changes, for those who don't do it themselves?
    Current Cars:
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Stage 2, 12.44 at 110mph
    1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne C10 Pickup 402 big block, 700R4
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2003 BMW X5 4.6IS Doushmobile, moneypit
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST | Cobb Stage 1, catless downpipe
    2008 Corvette Z06 - 11.39 at 123.8mph
    2002 Corvette Z06 - 12.10 at 116.5mph
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
    1993 5L Mustang - 12.59 at 108mph
    1989 5L Mustang
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    1991 Acura Integra RS 403Honda

My Ride

^

Thankfully I know three acura/2volkswagon/1 subaru mechanic so I always have someone trustworthy and meticulous to do whatever I need!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    '92 RPS13

Originally posted by Mr_ET
    OP sounds like a difficult customer if he got a bunch of free oil changes because of a stripped pan.

I would have just had them rethread it.

Or no wait I would have done everything myself in my garage
    +1

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

Originally posted by Ekliptix
    Where do people go for oil changes, for those who don't do it themselves?
    If I had to, probably take it to a dealership or licensed mechanic's shop. Avoid fast lube places and crappy tire at all cost but... it's an oil change, no matter where you go, you'll probably end up with some dumbass changing it for you. As I understand it, the bottom of the totem pole starts with doing oil changes
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride

^

Or washing cars first haha.

I did have to go to a "great canadian oil change" once when I forgot to get it changed and wouldn't drive out to red deer without it. I was really nice to the kid doing it and he really liked my car and I couldn't have been more careful and considerate about that oil change if I would have done it myself and he slid me an extra litre of oil. I said thanks and he just said "thanks for talking to me about your car, most people with nice cars are just assholes."

Moral is, even a "dumbass" kid at a rip-off joint like that will likely do a good job if you treat him nice.
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    cars

Originally posted by ga16i

If I had to, probably take it to a dealership or licensed mechanic's shop. Avoid fast lube places and crappy tire at all cost but... it's an oil change, no matter where you go, you'll probably end up with some dumbass changing it for you. As I understand it, the bottom of the totem pole starts with doing oil changes
    +1 I would trust a dealership a lot more than Minute Lube places..

My Ride
    CBR 929

I don't think OP came on here looking to get flamed for not changing his own oil, probably thought he was doing some people a favor and he just gets burned. Perhaps this is a work vehicle or something or like someone else posted, maybe they live in a condo or apartment.

I find some of these places less shady as you are IN the vehicle when they change the oil, not like when you leave it at the dealership and your car comes back with a scratch on it somewhere or something.

[url]

In regards to comments about me not changing oil on my own, its not that I don't know how, I use to do it myself when I had free access to a lift, now that I don't its not worth it for me. And the techs themselves were not the issue, as far as I'm concerned they were good today.

As for being a difficult customer and talk of how you would have just re-threaded my oil pan Mr_ET, I would have been all for that. When I talked to the original management I offered that as a solution, along with subsidizing the cost of another oil pan, but he said it was not possible to re-thread my car's pan and the only solution he could do was a few oil changes at no cost for me.

Like I said in my original post, take it as a warning of shady business practices. I know I don't agree with having to fight for something that you are entitled to through a previous negotiation, as JRSC00LUDE mentioned.

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

^

Originally posted by BokCh0y

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast