Quantcast
Warning: 32ave NE Mr.Lube - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Warning: 32ave NE Mr.Lube

My Ride
    Jasons mom

I just would like to know how you strip a drainplug......thats rediculous. Not as bad as that guy on here who had the bmw dealership plug his drain with a "tree branch" LOL

thanks for the post man, i hope it sends a warning out to the ppl who dont change their own oil. To those giving him a hard time, how about YOU change YOUR oil by YOURSELF, and leave HIM to do what he wishes.

the reason i get somewhere to change my oil over me doing it by myself is to keep my stupid lubrico warranty honored. they require you to take it somewhere to get your oil changed and have them sign it and crap.

even though i do a way better job and trust my work so much more, i have to get these dumb asses to do it for me

Originally posted by modded46
    You must not care about your car very much if you take it to Mr. Lube. IMO

My Ride
    O.P.P.

1) Due to warranty restrictions, owners would HAVE to take the car in for oil changes @ a shop-doing your own oil changes @ home would be grounds for the dealer/manufacturer to void your warranty.

2) Although Mr. Lube wouldn't have been my first choice, consumers *should* be able to take their vehicles to place like that and hope that they would do the job properly and incident-free.

3) Offering to re-tap the oilpan would be a) too labor-intensive for the shop if done properly by r & r'ing the oilpan and installing with a new gasket, therefore offering free oilchanges would be cheaper/safer for everyone in the long run and b) engine murder if the shop was to just re-tap the threads without pulling the oilpan, and letting the metal shavings stay in the oilpan.......

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

Originally posted by cocoabrova
    1) Due to warranty restrictions, owners would HAVE to take the car in for oil changes @ a shop-doing your own oil changes @ home would be grounds for the dealer/manufacturer to void your warranty.

really????
    so if you do your own oil changes, u have no warranty with the manufactuer???
    if so that sucks

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by 4doorj

really????
    so if you do your own oil changes, u have no warranty with the manufactuer???
    if so that sucks
    I was told that as long as you docuement it and use factory approved parts (oil filter), you should be fine. The manufactuer can't stop you from where you get your oil changed, as long as it's changed.

So receipt date of oil purchased, oil filter (go get a dealer filter, or Fram), take photos of oil change and mileage.

My Ride
    O.P.P.

I know for a fact that for aftermarket powertrain warranties, you HAVE to get your oil changed @ a shop (I had to read the fine print on my certificates to find that out)

My Ride
    HPI Savage X w/mach 4 engine

I don't know why people are flaming the op because he is coming to tell us a problem with a certain business, who gives a shit if he can't do his own oil changes. Everyone has differnet abilities in something and oil changes isn't his, who cares. The only thing that I don't get if they fucked up your oil pan why would take your car back there again? The person that is doing your car for 8 bucks an hour doesn't give a shit, it ain't there car. That's too bad to what happened to you car, but if they fucked you once there was nothing stopping them from trying again. Taking your car to Mr.Lube is like taking it to Canadian Tire, everyone knows not to take their car to Canadian Tire.

I take my S2000 to Mr Lube on 16th. Those guys are just awesome. They seem like they enjoy their work, take time doing it, are careful and look out for anything they think might be a problem. They comment if you're driving a nice car and are very friendly. I'm in an out in 10 min with zero hassle and great service. Maybe it's just that location.

My Ride
    NC1

Yeah I go to Mr.Lube all the time and haven't had a problem before. The oil change is more expensive than the dealers but they are pretty efficient for the most part and I like how you are usually finished in 20 minutes or less. Time=Money
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by BigMass
    I take my S2000 to Mr Lube on 16th. Those guys are just awesome. They seem like they enjoy their work, take time doing it, are careful and look out for anything they think might be a problem. They comment if you're driving a nice car and are very friendly. I'm in an out in 10 min with zero hassle and great service. Maybe it's just that location.
    Is that the one by Peter's drive-in?

yeah by peters

Originally posted by cocoabrova
    Doesn't Canada have something similar to the Magnuson-Moss Act?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act

With my last "nice" car I did all my maintenance myself, was told to just keep a log of dates/mileage and receipts and there was no way that my warranty could be voided.

Come on guys, not everyone has space, tools or time to do an oil change. An oil change is just that.... an oil change. As long as the guy is not a complete retard you are ok, as long as the customer does his job and check for leaks now and again and the level of his/her oil is fine.

Me on the other hand I will never let anyone work on my car, thats my profession. Lets remember though we all at one point didnt know jack shit about cars.

That new manager sounds like a right bell end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2