Quantcast
Simoniz Pressure Washers...ANYGOOD? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Simoniz Pressure Washers...ANYGOOD?

Default Simoniz Pressure Washers...ANYGOOD?

Anyone have one of those Simoniz Pressure Washers? Wondering if you've had any problems with it or such...I see them on sale at Canadian Tire. They look super cheap but almost everyone on my block seems to have one of those.....Is it a decent product? Thanks.

I started a thread about washers not too long ago and the consensus was that if you really want to do serious shit, you need a gas powered washer, not something like a Simoniz.

Gas powered hehehe. Was looking at those too but just in general for washing the car, just wanted some feedback about the Simoniz products.

My Ride
    B7A4

i have one and its alright. gas power ftw, but pretty pricey.
    i hand wash my car, so i just mainly use it for pre-rinse and finally rinse off. it definitely beats the hose though.

My Ride
    fast and red.

Originally posted by l8braker
    I started a thread about washers not too long ago and the consensus was that if you really want to do serious shit, you need a gas powered washer, not something like a Simoniz.
    Why gas-powered? Ever been to a car wash? Those are all electric.

Simoniz is like lots of the other home-and-garden variety tools. As long as you are careful with them, they should work okay. Where they will fail is under heavy, daily use, or if they are abused. So, don't run hot water or soap through the pump, and don't run over the hose (these hoses are always pretty weak, they'll puncture easily) aside from that they should be okay for the weekend warrior.

If you want something more reliable and longer-lasting, go with a commercial unit (gas or electric, depends on your application) but plan on spending at least $1000 and probably more for a good unit.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

The Simoniz pressure washer that I have has been great. The hose is steel braided, and I've run over it a few times without problem. Definitely not heavy duty, not it gets the job done.

My Ride

garbage..soo many people come back with broken nozzles and what not after a year and there is nothing you can replace it with

buy the power boss from briggs and straton the retail for like 1500+ and there selling on ebay for 500-600 3000psi you can etch concrete with it and there's a bunch of nossles to choose from so you don't destroy the paint on your car
    2001 celica pro mod project, in progress
    87 fox hatch,[email protected] skating, stock 5.0 shortblock,91 co-op pump gas, 11 lbs boost

yeah there hasn't been too many good reviews about any of the simoniz electric and even gas pressure washers. I also looked at the Husky, Karscher and Kenmore units....looks like gas is the only way to go.....but just can't justify $700+ right now for a decent unit.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

The Simoniz electric pressure washers and most of the electric karcher ones have plastic/polycarbonate pumps i believe and I havent heard great things about the durability of those.

We decided to buy the 2GPM 1500 psi electric pressure washer from princess auto a couple years ago and i havent been terribly impressed with it. It hardly gets the dirt off my car... often times I just end up going to a car wash end using that instead.

Thanks for all the 411 everybody.

I ended up going to Sears today and picking up their 2550 Max Psi Gas Powered Pressure Washer. Got it on sale for $399 and it came with all the attachements and 4 different heads. Even has the intigrated 2 in 1 detergent/wax dispenser. Well worth the dough plus it's a Briggs and Straton motor backed by Sears Warranty.

Damn this thing is amazing hehehe. Gas is the BEST way to go

Washed 4 cars today!!!!!

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

I bought my parents an electric one way back, I can't remember the brand, but it took the clear coat right off my fender

^^^^

Was your parents car a Hyundai? Hahahaha j/k.

Originally posted by BokCh0y
    Thanks for all the 411 everybody.

I ended up going to Sears today and picking up their 2550 Max Psi Gas Powered Pressure Washer. Got it on sale for $399 and it came with all the attachements and 4 different heads. Even has the intigrated 2 in 1 detergent/wax dispenser. Well worth the dough plus it's a Briggs and Straton motor backed by Sears Warranty.

Damn this thing is amazing hehehe. Gas is the BEST way to go

Washed 4 cars today!!!!!
    That's probably what I'm going to have to get.

I have a Simonez electric model from Canadian Tire (1600psi model). I bought it 3 years ago and have only used it a few times. I pulled it out a couple weeks ago to use and it didn't work. It sprayed a couple times then... nothing. Bad motor? Fuse? No idea...

Yeah I read reviews galore about quality issues with the Simoniz Pressure Washers. I guess although Canadian Tires sells them, they are obligated due to contract and have seen nothing but troubles and returns with those products. Also read that CT does not refund or take returns regarding the Simoniz Pressure washers but isntead you have to cacll them for support...and the support apparently sucks. Who knows

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Originally posted by BokCh0y
    ^^^^

Was your parents car a Hyundai? Hahahaha j/k.
    Lol, it was actually my old car that it happened to. I borrowed their pressure washer. The only panel that had it happen was one that was replaced in an accident, so I took it back to the body shop and they repainted it.

My Ride
    I like. :)

They're selling off the wheel brush attachment for $5.

My Ride
    Is orange - and going to rack up my demerits

I have a Simoniz one and the pressure is weaker than my Karcher was even though they are supposedly rated the same
    Also it has a tendency to overheat if I run it for more than 45 mins or so

My Ride
    B7A4

Originally posted by A2VR6
    The Simoniz electric pressure washers and most of the electric karcher ones have plastic/polycarbonate pumps i believe and I havent heard great things about the durability of those.
    this is a one major problem i've had. my first karcher one snapped right where you feed the hose to and there was no replacement part for it
    and my simoniz gun had too much pressure running into the line and caused it to crack.

Originally posted by treg50
    They're selling off the wheel brush attachment for $5.
    Where do they have this?

I am glad now that I went with Gas and not simoniz or Karscher. I researched about both.....Like l8braker said....gas is the only way to go with stainless steel attachments.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast